Question 5 cm of snow coming on Wednesday April 21, 2021, have some babies that popped up. How to save them

Sammy368

Mar 12, 2021
Hey Guys,

I have some babies growing from seeds that I dropped last year, but going to get some snow in a couple of days.

Do you think putting a clear garbage bag over the grow would save it?

Any ideas would be great.

Cheers,
Sammy

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Snowed here Tuesday and freeze yesterday. Don’t do trash bags, I did that on the tomatoes and they didn’t make it. Do the buckets. I have five autos all in planters because I don’t trust the weather this year. Saturday to Monday has been 70 to 80, then the bottom drops out. Inside under lights then back outside on weekends. I‘ve scouted out my plots for my photo strains, it’s going to be a late start.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Playing the numbers here in KY. It froze the last three nights. Awoke to snow on Tuesday as well. Plants are out in the bush, so no last-minute protection in place... Except they got potted up and watered Monday night before the temperature drop. If anything made it through this there's no stopping me!

Mscollege

Jan 31, 2021
we are having strong frost last night and tonight in the mountains of Carolina while 70s during the day . keeping my buckets busy .
Hahaha! We’ve been doing the same thing! Small buckets, big buckets and I cut 2-liter soda bottles in half to act the same when I run out of buckets. It’s been frost at night with 75 degree temps in the day time. The ground temp is staying fairly warm.

JohnCash

Mar 1, 2021
Thanks for the question, that's good information to know. Much appreciated. I been kinda thinking how to handle hail and that seems like a fantastic way to protect smaller plants. Those blue barrels with well tied lanyards and rebar stakes might be just the ticket for larger plants.