ABC Australian Bastard Cannabis

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I'd love to get my hands on some seeds of this and have a play! I've seen this mutation referred to as mongy weed, dizzy,mutant and abc.
(text below taken from https://www.medicinalgenomics.com/australian-bastard/)

“I have to admit, after seeing these plants in person they’re really something else! They’re so deformed you could walk by or through them and not even recognize they’re Cannabis. They exhibit a leaf mutation that instead of producing typical blades/laminas they form these modified leaflets with little serration(and in select individuals variegation). In some of the photos attached you’ll find a size comparison of fan leaves from a drug variety and an ABC. These were sampled from approximately the same location on each plant and to further demonstrate their size difference I placed an ABC hybrid fan leaf onto a fan leaf of an adult drug variety. In one of the last photos you’ll see a small plant no more than 2 ft. tall. According to our source, this phenotype most resembles the plants from the original P1 generation.”

According to John McPartland (pers. commun., 2015)- “Some Cannabis in Australia has a very unique provenance. William Roxburgh, a British botanist stationed in Calcutta, sent germplasm from India to Australia in 1802. More Indian seed was sent in 1803. Colonists grew it in the Singleton district of the Hunter Valley into the 1820s. It no doubt gave rise to a huge patch of feral Cannabis that covered 30 km2 (12 mi2) grew along the flood plain of the Hunter River 160 km (100 mi) north of Sydney. The feral hemp was famously psychoactive.

Beginning in the 1860s, imported camels and camel drivers helped explore and settle Australia’s outback. The cameleers were Muslims and Sikhs from present-day Pakistan and Afghanistan. Perhaps 3000 cameleers lived in south-central Australia. They smoked from “narghiles,” and ate “marjoms” (Stevens 1989). The cameleers may have grown Cannabis (Rainford 2009).

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Another interesting excerpt with pics...
(copied from http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2005/06/13/4292)

One Australian grower said that the ABC was kwon as Mutant, and that some thought it might be a “colchicine polyploidy experiment gone wrong”.
user12624_pic212332_1257562285.jpg

One local cultivator named “Volcano” grew up some of our last collection of ABC x Flo seeds. He germinated the seeds indoor in BC during March and the seeds had germinated in seven to ten days.

ABC strain first set of leaves identical to regular cannabis, before the first true leaves appeared that differences became evident.

“Those leaves came out completely unlike the serrated leaf ”said Volcano. “In fact, there are no serrated edges on these leaves, they darker green and shiny, looking-they usually got no larger than two inches.”

33.jpg

“The males flowered early, some before the end of July” said Volcano. “The females were compact with short internodes. They were heavily branched with many leaves. The buds formed differently on every plant, but they were all very resinous with cannabis-like buds. But anyway, the developed plant does not look like cannabis”.

The weed were reach an average height of about three feet and harvested in November, trimmed and hung to dry. The plants approximated yield of three dry ounces per plant.

The weed smoked very clean, with a light, spicy flavor.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I don't imagine it's potent, probably similar to a ruderalis, the interesting thing is that it doesn't look like weed opening up possibilities to grow it outdoors without people noticing that it's cannabis which is the holy grail in stealth.
It looks like the "spice brothers" did release or at least experiment with this strain in the noughties but I can't find the seeds anywhere so it's possible that the results were less than awesome. Seems like we'll never know.
325248651-60076313.01.jpg

Shantee

May 9, 2018
I am a newbie when it comes about growing marijuana inside. And i read that growing inside the house is way too expensive than buying it outside. But i think as a starter it would be expensive but if this grows it will lessen the cost. Am i right about this? Appreciated for the reply. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
How has the thc levels been?
Dutch passion seeds breeds all kinds of strains but also carry this one. Looking at strain on leafly
I'd say its probly weak. 12to 15% maybe. But Hawaiian duck looks like a much more potent strain. Might wanna check the Hawaiian one.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I bet if its at 12% and you got some pollen off of a lemon Jeffery with can reach 29%you could probly get a really decent thc making a hybrid.

dualityshift

Dec 10, 2020
Duckfoot and ABC are two different things, like apples and watermelons. I've been trying to get some ABC seeds for a while. No luck yet though. If I do, I'll make sure to make a batch of feminised seeds for any who'd like them.

Back