Question Anybody still fool with durbin?Outside

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Hello Bama and welcome to FC :)
Are you referring to Durban (aka Durban Poison)? How did you get your Durban seeds? I've grown the Dutch Passion and Sensi versions and enjoyed both. Any pics of your Durban girls?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?the only problem is with it usually takes a lot of time on a sativa landrace plant about 95 days flowering from what I see :mask:

Toasted

Jun 4, 2020
Am I the only one that still have pure durbin? 70s Durbin
I'd swap you some beans if you have any interest?...I have a good cross section of photos and Autos..I have another Durban Poison myself..It would be interesting to see how different they are..

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
?the only problem is with it usually takes a lot of time on a sativa landrace plant about 95 days flowering from what I see :mask:
Alaphatoy I have an old school Thai that I have this genetics was worked with and although it's screaming fast because it's loaded with THCV but has a Hybrid plant structure and 10 weeks of 12/12 and she is ready to cure. I'm currently down to my last seeds and some plants, 1 yielding some regular seeds in about 5 weeks. I keep posturing myself to be in place to grow some feminized Thai seed but my revegged plant didn't herm when drenched with Colloidal Silver. I luckily had the original pollen frozen so I didn't have to scramble without much stash of seeds for this precious strain. I originally had about 100 seeds but a flurry of trades wiped me almost out. So from now on I will only trade slowly. I also didn't receive anything that was good except one guy that traded me a spectrum of CBD seeds. So all the seeds I sent out came back as good karma in one trader. Pictured below was a test plant that I wanted to test rushing into flower. The first one was on the day 41 since sprouting and day 101 or day 61 of 12/12 with a couple weeks to go. The weed is speed weed that is loaded with THC and THCV but the THCV alters the effect of the THC on your system. That's why my best friend kept wanting me to call it PW for Performance weed. We are old men that distance bike and this THCV strain clearly improves your riding range by 15% when consumed on a ride. We are old men and my riding buddy will only consume his PW as he calls it. I find that boring as he is a three times a week smoker and routinely will not accept buds to try of other great stuff. He never tried Gorilla Girl and I grow it a lot or any other strain I'm growing for a change. He tried the Super Diesel and loved it but still wants his Performance Weed.

Attachments

• PW 1 Day 41 Entering Flowering.jpg
    PW 1 Day 41 Entering Flowering.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 160
  • PW 1 Day 101c.jpg
    PW 1 Day 101c.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 171

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?that is a good picture of your bud is that the Thai what ever she is she looks great would like to see the whole bush if you can :mask:

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Am I the only one that still have pure durbin? 70s Durbin
I've had false Durban Poison from a good friend in denial, bet he's coming out of the fog on the fact that he paid good money for false Durban Poison. I made a trade with him of for seeds 10 for 10, grew a couple. First one came out with this bud that produced very low resin and upon harvest I yanked the sister in the third week of flower and straight to the garbage. Didn't have the heart to tell him the strain sucks. Still have a few of the seeds in my inventory but I have a lot of seeds I would not trade or grow. Crap like this is worse than growing bag seed. And in my research because I'm a THCV user I know about a lot of the THCV strains or claim to be strains and Durban and Thai Stick have some real phoney baloney seeds. I own an amazing Thai strain but I have no way of guaranteeing you that it's original Landrace Thai that was grown until like 1980 or something like that when the government cracked down. And rumor has it that the strain was then saved in a neighboring country. But I first acquired the strain and it displayed some freaky traits of bushiness and health in a PURE Sativa. Very strong weed with a high resin content for a racy Sativa. So the strain has displayed such strong and dominant genetics that I believe this weed was manipulated by human selection at some point in it's lineage. There are too many traits desirable humans to ignore.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
The phenotype I grow only needs 80+ days in aggressive lighting and I've grown it many times. The undesirable phenotype that was bred out was horrible all the plants I grew took 100+ days to mature to partial amber resin, it was so freaky, same chemotype except the 80+ phenotype grew way bigger and was a tad bit stronger and higher resin content. And there is no mistaking the chemotype if you ever had it, like nothing you've ever had. Not just mentally stimulating weed with a low THC content that burns hot if smoked like most Sativa's that are pure Sativa's. This taste sweet to smoke and would cause hallucinations if someone who never took cannabis in their life before used a lot.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
?that is a good picture of your bud is that the Thai what ever she is she looks great would like to see the whole bush if you can :mask:
Yes my photography has a whole lot to be desired and 99% of the really cool stuff never gets recorded because I never carry my phone and worse never bring my phone into my garden when I pass security(my wife) and only want to come back in the house once while buzzed. So the nightly routine is Wow what a nice vape hit! Phoosh exhale! And Cheech says" wow beautiful buds, too bad the cops are outside and I forgot my camera again. And by the way Alphatoy you're awesome! And this site is awesome. I've yet to figure out the best way to use this. I want to make more friends than trades but it seems I've scattered my information across many posts. I wish I knew how to put a sheet up with the strain pictured in different phase and what is known as far as size, flower times etc. etc. as much as possible in a standard standard format.

Attachments

• PW 1 Day 101.jpg
    PW 1 Day 101.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 164

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?now that is a really great looking plant that is one of the best I have seen on here lately you can be proud of your grow you need to start your own thread on here and show off your goods. here is my thread I started Oct 2018 and I keep it going if you have not seen it yet here it is First Grow - Afghani & White Widow LED Tent all 23 pages have a look its my thread.:mask:

Last edited:

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
?now that is a really great looking plant that is one of the best I have seen on here lately you can be proud of your grow you need to start your own thread on here and show off your goods. here is my thread I started Oct 2018 and I keep it going if you have not seen it yet here it is First Grow - Afghani & White Widow LED Tent all 23 pages have a look its my thread.:mask:
I'm not too sure about it being a good grow as it was quick into flower with no time to grow experiment. It was 41 days from seed breaking the ground and going into 12/12 and I'm not actually the green thumb guy just great genetics.

Back