Question Auto Fem X Regular Photo Male ?

FloralJem

Mar 19, 2021
No I believe they will all have the auto gene and will probly be auto regs
And do you think it would be a similar result when you ;

Auto Reg Male X Photo Fem

It seems I will have an opprutunity to try these, so I am trying to figure out if it is gonna be worth. If all seeds will have the same auto or photo or reg genes it is ok but if they will differ then it will be no use to make these crosses I guess.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
And do you think it would be a similar result when you ;

Auto Reg Male X Photo Fem

It seems I will have an opprutunity to try these, so I am trying to figure out if it is gonna be worth. If all seeds will have the same auto or photo or reg genes it is ok but if they will differ then it will be no use to make these crosses I guess.
The only way to get get a batch of fem seeds is to force a branch of a female plant to be male and produce pollen. Now by doing that the pollen will only have female chromosomes since no true Males were present with male chromosomes. There are sprays that can do it. colloidal silver and gibberellic acid . So no matter what you cross auto male to female or auto female to male will still only produce reg auto seeds. Has to be 2 female and one branch needs to be induced to make pollen.

FloralJem

Mar 19, 2021
That was the answer I was looking for, thanks a lot. If all will be auto regs that is good news for me.
I think I am a bit confused because of that %25 %25 %50 chart about chromosomes. It seems that it is not about the sex but characteristics. I need more reading about genetics and breeding.

FloralJem

Mar 19, 2021
Thanks for all replies. I am beware of these techniques to produce fems and I even bought a bottle of colloidal silver 2 years ago but never used it, not to waste the buds. I mostly preferred to trigger my girls with some light leak during the dark hours. I know this is not the right way to do it, but I think it is ok as long as you dont use them for new crosses which I also tried and I cannot say most of them went hermies.
But I had no idea about crossing regs and autos because I never had quality regular seeds before so I did not read and try much with them.
Happy to reach the information I needed. Thank you all 🙏

FloralJem

Mar 19, 2021
What about that; do you think a male plant can be induced with silver or something else, to produce female organs and have % 100 male seeds by it self or another male ?

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Don't think it works like that. If it could breeders would selling all male seeds. Reg seeds are the only chance of getting a male. Also light breaching to make females is a bad practice. You don't want hermies.

FloralJem

Mar 19, 2021
Don't think it works like that. If it could breeders would selling all male seeds. Reg seeds are the only chance of getting a male. Also light breaching to make females is a bad practice. You don't want hermies.
I thought the same, if there was a way they would put it in the market. But that also means not yet. I wont be surprised to see male seeds on sale someday.