Autoflower seeds or clones

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Hello,

I am going to grow two plants this summer for the first time and am wondering if it’s best to use clones or start from autoflowering seeds.

The plants would be grown on a balcony facing west in Toronto Ontario.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would be using fabric pots 5 or 10 gallons
Remo nutrients kit
Remo nutrients roots
TNB naturals ph up and down
Nutri + ph quick tester
FoxFarm ocean forest soil

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018

🤠Try this for a beginner i did a few years back some good stuff in here everything u will need to know :mask:

Download The Free Marijuana Grow Bible - The Ultimate Guide ...

How to Grow Marijuana Clones | Leafbuyer

Autoflowering Cannabis 101 - How to Grow Autoflowers ...

How To Grow Weed In 10 Easy Steps (With Photos) - Updated ...

🤠if you go through all of these you will be on your way of being a great grower plus PH is one of the most important steps of growing their is a whole bunch of knowledge here at FC And Also WELCOME to the FC Family :mask:

Last edited:

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Yes if on balcony autos or photos you are gonna need 12 plus hours of direct sun. My plants outside get sunlight from 8.30am to 9.pm during peak summer days. Autos really need 18 hours min of light or yields will be very small. Photos need same light if they are not getting 12 plus hours of direct sun they will end up flowering early. Also for a first grow. Like others said read about these plants and if do auto on balcony use a 5 gallon pot. Good soil and SunLight has is a major role in cannabis, it needs alot and photos need nuts. Autos need good a soil and no veg nuts as it really only veg for 2.5 weeks then it's flowering for the next 2 months then I recommend adding bloom nuts during flowering. For a first grow I wouldn't get to deep into scrog an sog and even topping an auto. Autos are a quick grow and so its not a great idea to stress the plant as it can take up to 5 days to recover from stress and 5 days are huge in Autos. There is a set time to top in Autos and they are very young. I never top my autos and I get pretty big yields. Photos different story.

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Hi,
If I were you, I would start both with autos and photos to experience the differences between them, if you have enough space. If you are totally stranger to growing and the basics I would recommend you to do some reading, just a couple of hours will give you a lot of ideas about the whole thing.
Looking west means you will have maximum 5-6 hours of direct sunlight which is actually not that good for any grow but worse for autos.
Even there are autos performing better with less light, I think photo period strains would work better in your conditions.
I could also suggest you to start indoors, specially if you decide on autos. They need a good start and some white light and stable conditions for 20-25 days would increase your chances.
There are also many techniques like scrog, supercropping, mainlining, topping, fimming, you can easily learn and apply to have better harvests.
Read as many grows as possible to learn about the problems you may face, before you face them. Watching videos is also teaching a lot specially with the techniques.
Good luck with your first grow
Wow! Thank you for your solid advice. I think I will definitely try both autos and photo to see the difference. I am hopeful I will get some buds. I have had success with growing tomatoes

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Wow! Thank you for your solid advice. I think I will definitely try both autos and photo to see the difference. I am hopeful I will get some buds. I have had success with growing tomatoes
... cucumber and peppers in the past years. The tomatoes did have a late harvest I think in late August/ September. I am just so excited to start, wish I was facing south or east.
I am going to get lots more reading done and set up a action plan.
You guys rock!

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021

🤠Try this for a beginner i did a few years back some good stuff in here everything u will need to know :mask:

Download The Free Marijuana Grow Bible - The Ultimate Guide ...

How to Grow Marijuana Clones | Leafbuyer

Autoflowering Cannabis 101 - How to Grow Autoflowers ...

How To Grow Weed In 10 Easy Steps (With Photos) - Updated ...

🤠if you go through all of these you will be on your way of being a great grower plus PH is one of the most important steps of growing their is a whole bunch of knowledge here at FC And Also WELCOME to the FC Family :mask:
Thank you so much! I will read all of these! Thanks for the greetings and warm welcome :)

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Yes if on balcony autos or photos you are gonna need 12 plus hours of direct sun. My plants outside get sunlight from 8.30am to 9.pm during peak summer days. Autos really need 18 hours min of light or yields will be very small. Photos need same light if they are not getting 12 plus hours of direct sun they will end up flowering early. Also for a first grow. Like others said read about these plants and if do auto on balcony use a 5 gallon pot. Good soil and SunLight has is a major role in cannabis, it needs alot and photos need nuts. Autos need good a soil and no veg nuts as it really only veg for 2.5 weeks then it's flowering for the next 2 months then I recommend adding bloom nuts during flowering. For a first grow I wouldn't get to deep into scrog an sog and even topping an auto. Autos are a quick grow and so its not a great idea to stress the plant as it can take up to 5 days to recover from stress and 5 days are huge in Autos. There is a set time to top in Autos and they are very young. I never top my autos and I get pretty big yields. Photos different story.
Love your advice. I may just have to go for it a try to see if I can get anything from the amount of sunlight I receive. Even if it’s a small yield I would be happy for my first plants with a west facing balcony. Next move I will definitely be facing south or east.

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
With the lamp would I need a tent or ventilation system? Also would you bring your autos in a night to give them extra light under your lamps indoors and then take them back outside during the day? If I were to purchase a lamp, what wattage would be suitable? I think I am leaning more towards 2 autos and one photo to see the difference between the two. Still lots more reading to be done! :)

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Hello,

I am going to grow two plants this summer for the first time and am wondering if it’s best to use clones or start from autoflowering seeds.

The plants would be grown on a balcony facing west in Toronto Ontario.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would be using fabric pots 5 or 10 gallons
Remo nutrients kit
Remo nutrients roots
TNB naturals ph up and down
Nutri + ph quick tester
FoxFarm ocean forest soil
Congratulations on becoming a pot farmer! A clone gives you a head start and seeds give you a good tap root. You will probably be lacking sun for a full grow but I say just do it. The experience is worth trying . The longest day of the year is around June 20th so I would want to focus on my auto peaking from veg to flower stage at that time frame. I would also research and choose an easy variety to grow. Best of luck to you.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020

🤠i use 2 32 X 32 X 64 grow tents and can put 4 plants into each one 8 plants produce over 4 pounds of buds every 4 months to give you an idea of a grow tent :mask:

See amazon grow tents

🤠sorry dont know why type is so big here you can check out my site of the last 3 years :mask:
First Grow - Afghani & White Widow LED Tent
I would love to buy and use a grow tent, if where I lived it was legal , I would build a grow shed with a comfort system and plumbing too. So outdoors we grow.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
I would love to buy and use a grow tent, if where I lived it was legal , I would build a grow shed with a comfort system and plumbing too. So outdoors we grow.
🤠i live in Texas and it is not legal here either not even medical but that is why i use a grow tent they are in my man cave in side of house and most of time i feel safe and have been growing inside for over 6 years now knock on wood 1 2 3 . :mask:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
I'll have a total of 25 Wedding Cake Autoflowers in a couple weeks. 5$ per female seed. I figure I'd at least get what I paid for them.
🤠We dont sell on FC you know that please take the price off Thank you Geechjesus:mask:

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
🤠i live in Texas and it is not legal here either not even medical but that is why i use a grow tent they are in my man cave in side of house and most of time i feel safe and have been growing inside for over 6 years now knock on wood 1 2 3 . :mask:
The only legal state between us is Oklahoma. How did that happen? I would grow inside but the wife says no to the stink. I do some guerrilla grows, but that always has been risky. The payoff is big when it works, but I have been burned a few times too.

Mscollege

Jan 31, 2021
The only legal state between us is Oklahoma. How did that happen? I would grow inside but the wife says no to the stink. I do some guerrilla grows, but that always has been risky. The payoff is big when it works, but I have been burned a few times too.
many of our friends and ourselves included use carbon filters. Eliminates smell even in drying. If we get a whiff of anything we know our filter needs maintenance of some sort. We have so many buzz downs here, growing outside is scary albeit successful- it tears my nerves up.

Back