Autos and hermies

Legalizeit

Jan 5, 2020
I’m new to the forum. I’ve followed it for some time and finally decided to join. I just started my fourth week flower. 4 auto gg and 4 photoperiod feminized blueberry kush. Growing organic in super soil I made. But, for some reason one of the autos decided to hermie but I didn’t catch it until a few sacs opened. Are autos more prone to hermie?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?I would not worry about that with an auto flower just keep it on 12 X 12 lighting stress is usually the cause for a auto flower to go Hermi First, make sure they are really hermies . Swollen, seedless seed pods are normal, and look like seeds. Second, I'd switch breeders if they really are hermies. Breeder is the most important thing with autos. A remote possibility is that the autos don't like the light change. but they will usually pull out of it usually you just need to stress a plants light cycle to cause it to hermaphrodite. But with Autoflowering you aren't supposed to have to worry about the light cycle. :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Welcome to FC @Legalizeit, like @Alphatoy said I wouldn't worry too much shell likely produce very little male pollen so it's very unlikely to cause any major headaches. Pics would help.
You can always pic them off with tweezers if your worried but worth posting pics first to get a positive if as alpha mentioned.

Legalizeit

Jan 5, 2020
Thank you both. I definitely have autos that hermied. I’ll get pics after work. Since it shouldn’t be the light cycle interruptions, what do you think about hot soil being the cause. I make my own super soil and this round I let it compost 30 days. And the room it’s in stays about 64 degrees so I think it may have slowed down the soul cooking. Any thoughts? Thanks for all your help. Pics coming later

Back