Back in the saddle again

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Here we go ladies and gentlemen,
Tomorrow I will be transplanting 14 girls .I will be flowering under 1-1000 watt hps and 2-600 watt.i will put 6 girls under 1000watt hps, and 4 under each 600watt hps.running gsc, og kush and blue dream.
Feeding ff trio and supplemental calmag and bud hardener.
I monster cropped these girls,topped and femmed some.followed by some defoliation and love.stay tuned in, any and all questions are welcome.
IMG_20201116_122608.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20201116_122658.jpg
    IMG_20201116_122658.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 105

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
I'm sorry my fellow cultivators,
As I've been busy and I have neglected this here grow journal.
So here's the update. The girls are very big doing very well stacked up nicely nodes everywhere. No real issues or complaints. My AC unit did freeze up on me for a bit, had to defrost it and clean the filter now no problems.
I will take some pictures tonight and you will see just how stacked they are thank you for stopping in and as always happy growing to all y'all.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
? Another Book on how I feel about Defoliation:mask:
In the wild, a leaf has a lot of different functions. Not only does it act as a solar panel providing energy through photosynthesis, but it also helps the plant store nutrients. Additionally, leaves act as a shield against pests and inclement weather. As a plant stretches and grows, it naturally sprouts more leaves. This is part of the innate efficiency of plants. They don’t want to work harder by transporting energy throughout the whole plant. Instead, they use the leaves to deliver their energy and nutrients to nearby areas. Here’s an example: Picture a tall, proud, flowering cannabis plant. At the top, you’ll find the biggest and most well-developed buds (they’re in the colas). Near the bottom you might find pockets of small, underdeveloped flowers. These tiny flowers also have their own set of leaves. But these leaves aren’t there to serve the whole plant — they serve their local area, encouraging these smaller, less desirable flowers to grow. most (in the top colas,) these small flowers and their leaves might be sapping energy from the more bountiful part of your harvest! Not Really everyone should not practice defoliation except on Hardy genetics If you’re working with a strain known for being fickle or delicate, it’s probably not a good idea to attempt defoliation. You want a strong, hardy strain that can stand up to some abuse and pruning leaves is an abuse to the plant. Sorry i Am A Great believe in leaves the Solar panels and energy providers of the Plant. and how do you really know that the plant provides better with defoliation Here is a simple Test take a plant and chop off all the leaves, what happens it :dizzy: Dies right That,s right well why 1/2 kill it by Defoliation do you not think this is very hard on the plant would it might not have done better before Defoliation it (Also Sorry Another BOOK) :mask:

Last edited:

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
? Another Book on how I feel about Defoliation:mask:
In the wild, a leaf has a lot of different functions. Not only does it act as a solar panel providing energy through photosynthesis, but it also helps the plant store nutrients. Additionally, leaves act as a shield against pests and inclement weather. As a plant stretches and grows, it naturally sprouts more leaves. This is part of the innate efficiency of plants. They don’t want to work harder by transporting energy throughout the whole plant. Instead, they use the leaves to deliver their energy and nutrients to nearby areas. Here’s an example: Picture a tall, proud, flowering cannabis plant. At the top, you’ll find the biggest and most well-developed buds (they’re in the colas). Near the bottom you might find pockets of small, underdeveloped flowers. These tiny flowers also have their own set of leaves. But these leaves aren’t there to serve the whole plant — they serve their local area, encouraging these smaller, less desirable flowers to grow. most (in the top colas,) these small flowers and their leaves might be sapping energy from the more bountiful part of your harvest! Not Really everyone should not practice defoliation except on Hardy genetics If you’re working with a strain known for being fickle or delicate, it’s probably not a good idea to attempt defoliation. You want a strong, hardy strain that can stand up to some abuse and pruning leaves is an abuse to the plant. Sorry i Am A Great believe in leaves the Solar panels and energy providers of the Plant. and how do you really know that the plant provides better with defoliation Here is a simple Test take a plant and chop off all the leaves, what happens it :dizzy: Dies right That,s right well why 1/2 kill it by Defoliation do you not think this is very hard on the plant would it might not have done better before Defoliation it (Also Sorry Another BOOK) :mask:
Hello to you alph,
Well Ive always defoliated since I been growing.Ive also done side by side to see the diff in production. And I promised you there was a good considerable difference of I would say averagely 25%. Now also that being said I have over defoliated a couple of times and doing that either too much or at the wrong time will really hurt your yield. Through my experience over the years I have found that 20% of the leaves is all you can defoliate and that needs to be leaves that primarily are towards the bottom but there will always be a couple large fan leaves that will need to be removed so that you get proper canopy penetration of the light .there is an exception in a way around this as far as pulling any big fan leaves from the top and that is if you are working with plenty of room for say however many plans under a scrog. Cuz obviously the plant will be spread out in the need to defoliate will be limited to the very bottom stuff. Most of the people I have seen try defoliation and have a bad experience with it, it was always usually caused by removing too much leaves. I do a defoliation around week four veg and then I defoliate around the end of week two flower. From there I will fall back and let it do its thing and I will finish up my defoliation when there is just a few days left and that will only be fan leaves. Thanks for the message brother I understand fully because I have felt the same way before doing it but literally that was like my first grow. Even my grandfather and grandmother defoliated their plants but the key point to all of this is timing and not going over 20 or 25% of removal at any given point. And also your strand must be one that is not finicky or fussy it has got to be a strong sturdy plant. As always happy growing to you and I can't wait to throw my updated pictures up tonight stop in and check them out

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?great response thank you for being a great grower here on FC i am glad you explained it to members that you really watch on what you are defoliation as you said it is not for everybody know what you are doing and watch the stress on your plant i myself am retired so this is about all i do is grow my cannabis and orchids and roses. about 6 hours a day with one or the other :mask:

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Genetics is everything, both inside and outdoors. I've had a couple plants grow into sprawling bushes without having been topped once, and others with leaves the size of dinner plates which had to be removed. Most fall somewhere in between the two. Listen to her, and she'll show you what she needs.

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Genetics is everything, both inside and outdoors. I've had a couple plants grow into sprawling bushes without having been topped once, and others with leaves the size of dinner plates which had to be removed. Most fall somewhere in between the two. Listen to her, and she'll show you what she needs.
I agree with all of this,I try to feel and not only see what they need when they need it.I look at it like this,if you were to make a million mistakes thru the course of becoming a master grower you would know a million ways not to do it!!!.process of elimination!.Kyfb

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Brilliant! I know 250,000 ways to sabotage a garden.

Method #1: Place seed unprotected in a paper envelope and mail it...

Method #2: Use tap water exclusively.

Method#3: Don't water. For a week. Aim for bone-dry.

Method #4: Apply tobacco smoke.

eeenooos

Dec 6, 2020
Hello to all,
We will be following my current grow journal here.ive got 5 gsc,3 blue dream and 4 og kush.there all now into day two,week 8.i will be finishing up the grow here and then run another round here.pull up a seat,sit back with your favorite snack and enjoy.any and all questions and comments are welcome.thx,good day and happy growing....
Pics of the girls currently...View attachment 12375View attachment 12376View attachment 12377View attachment 12378
Looking good!

What gear do you use?

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Looking good!

What gear do you use?
I run a 1000 watter over one 4x4 over six girls.And 2-600 watters over the back 7x4.This is and upgrade from the 2-600 Waters I was running the last three grows. I can't wait to see the difference in the production difference especially. As far as quality that is the main thing I'll always shoot for above all Else. The quality of the blood should always be number one from there we will focus on the weight and the weight will come you must dial in your environment before anything. The way I was taught and inside growing is I would literally run my inside environment for a couple of days and establish a regular stable cycle of environment before even putting any girls in there. This is all just like anything else repetition repetition ,repetition. As for medium I run a 40% cocoa 40% Fox farm ocean Forest and 20% perlite. Daytime temps in my room are 78° f and an average humidity of 50%. Really it seems like I have had my best grows and harvest during the winter months. Love and peace y'all thank you for stopping in and as usual Happy growing to all of y'all.
Kyfb

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Hello to all of my fellow cultivators,
As usual I am a tad late on my grow journal update but here we go neways...
Currently now at week 3 flower the girls are doing great.ive actually been having some issues with my window ac unit due to the temps outside being cooler then the temps inside and it's causes the ac to freeze up.To battle this I've had to run the fan only during lights out and kick it on low only at about 67 deg to balance my environment and keep me at a 80-85 deg and a 30-40 humidity temps.Truth be told though the 85 deg has been more beneficial to the girls cause the humidity and the fans has kept the environment balanced.I believe I'm in a good vpd environment right now!!.
As said they are now in the beginning of week 3 and doing very great. Tell me what you think and give me some feedback as to your thoughts on how they seem to be happy and stacking up nicely. As always I appreciate the feedback and the compliments again sorry for the delay on the update. Shout out to Nirvana seeds for the sterdy genetics and there dank strains.happy growing to all of y'all.Kyfb

Attachments

• IMG_20210111_081346.jpg
    IMG_20210111_081346.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20210111_081416.jpg
    IMG_20210111_081416.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20210111_081307.jpg
    IMG_20210111_081307.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20210111_081320.jpg
    IMG_20210111_081320.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210111_081201.jpg
    IMG_20210111_081201.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 94

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Hello to all, sorry for the absence as I've been very very busy with so much stuff.I had an emergency and had to switch from growing room to tent. But all has went very well in the girls are thriving. We are now in mid-week six flower. Colors are showing some leaves are yellowing out as expected now watering everyday and adding nutes every other watering. I usually use half to three quarters of recommended dosage of nutes. Fox farm nutrient line is my bread and butter. Well as always any and all questions or comments are very welcome and for now thanks for following and happy growing to all of y'all. Here are the current pics of the girls. Peace out, Kyfb...

Attachments

• IMG_20210203_175115~2.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175115~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210203_175308~2.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175308~2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20210203_175308.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175308.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_20210203_175301.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175301.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210203_175226.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175226.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20210203_175233.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175233.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20210203_175214.jpg
    IMG_20210203_175214.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 89

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Glorious plants as ever. I'd love to grow some of those cuts. Sure would be nice to see more of you KY!

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Hello to all, sorry for the absence as I've been very very busy with so much stuff.I had an emergency and had to switch from growing room to tent. But all has went very well in the girls are thriving. We are now in mid-week six flower. Colors are showing some leaves are yellowing out as expected now watering everyday and adding nutes every other watering. I usually use half to three quarters of recommended dosage of nutes. Fox farm nutrient line is my bread and butter. Well as always any and all questions or comments are very welcome and for now thanks for following and happy growing to all of y'all. Here are the current pics of the girls. Peace out, Kyfb...
WOW! Those look so tasty! Nice job as usual man, you constantly impress me with your grows!!

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Glorious plants as ever. I'd love to grow some of those cuts. Sure would be nice to see more of you KY!
Thanks alot ras it means the world to get compliments .I see what you do ras, no rookie yourself bro.Id say you been doing this as long if not longer than me.I got 22 years in and going strong.thanks bro,Kyfb

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020
Here we are a few weeks maybe less from our finish line and they are about to gain the real weight,the solidifying I like to say.no problems very thankful for that.All three strains are still here,the best or what I thought were the best of each pheno is here.Heres the pictures ladies and gentlemen...
IMG_20210205_193043.jpg
Blue dream here and showing herself very well.
IMG_20210205_192921~2.jpg
Do I really need to tell you the strain?...
IMG_20210205_192914.jpg
And og again...
IMG_20210205_192927.jpg
GSC front and center looking fat!!!...
IMG_20210205_192943.jpg
A lil bit of a bad picture but I think we still get the picture,it's winter out inside my tent also! My girls are frosted up!!!.
IMG_20210205_192906.jpg
This og pushes so much trichs it's retrichulous!!!.I've smoked myself stupid ladies and gentlemen,don't mind my rants I'll come back down when I run out of weed.
IMG_20210205_192844.jpg
The problem is I don't run out much!!! Hahaha!.
Hope y'all enjoyed,Kyfb

Attachments

• IMG_20210205_193001.jpg
    IMG_20210205_193001.jpg
    658 KB · Views: 72

Back