Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question

Bathroom grow setup(HELP)

GHOSTFIRE

Hey everyone. I'm planning to setup a cheap bathroom grow. My bathroom is a rectangle and pretty decent in size. its almost air tight and has one window. I have an exhaust fan which im going to be covering the half of the window which is going to help throw out the air in the bathroom and suck in fresh air from the window itself. I plan on using CFL lights around a cardboard as I can't hang the lights for now. Three LEDs per plant is my plan. Do i need a Humidifier/ dehumidifier? AC reflector? do I need reflectors? Please someone help me to set this up within my budget. Ill post the pictures if anyone responds. HELP. Thank you!!

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hello @GHOSTFIRE good to see you on the boards! :)
Use screw in led rather than cfl, they're much more efficient.
Do i need a Humidifier/ dehumidifier? AC reflector? do I need reflectors?
No, at it's simplest you need a circulating fan some screw in led's and most importantly of all a good soil mix. If you want high quality on a low budget go organic and make a simple super soil. Good luck and any questions just shout!

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠how many plants do you intend to grow like Sunshine says you need a circulation fan mainly to keep the mold out get a humidity meter to keep track of your humidity I myself try to keep my humidity around 62 will be waiting for some pictures now. :mask:

GHOSTFIRE

@Sunshine and @Alphatoy aren't you guys just the best? Thanks guys. Yes will do. So I have fresh air coming in, and the high power exhaust fan pushing it out. Around 3 LED's per plant and great soil and a circulating fan. That's all I need right? I'm just scared as what if it doesn't work out. Also, see my outdoor plant guys. This is going pretty great and I saw new growth after repotting. Any tips for this baby? Quite a lot of leaves are turning a little lighter green. Probably just shedding off, I trimmed most. Let me know if you have more tips. I'll share the bathroom setup as sooon as I set it up xD I love you guys.

IMG_20200506_122204.jpg

IMG_20200506_122213.jpg

How many days do you think until flower? I see those things forming but like REALLY slowly.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
The outdoor plant might benefit from topping up the soil in the pot. It looks like a full on land race so go very light on the waterings and let her dry a fair bit between waterings, overwatering is much more detrimental than occasionally under watering.

In terms of flowering she is likely to take a long time. Expect 20 weeks, give or take a few weeks. I had a Mexican sativa that looked similar and it took almost 6 months to finish flowering but was well worth the wait. Good luck and keep us posted!

GHOSTFIRE

Wow. Thanks for that tip man. I really did water it quite often just because it looked dry. I won't make that mistake anymore. Sure will top the soil off, so roots visible is a dbad thing? Got it. 20 weeks? Jeesus it's been 5 months already 😩 I'm getting so impatient but sure will wait. Would it make a difference if I shifted this into the indoor grow? Will the difference of the intensity of light cause harm? Would you mind giving your Facebook or Instagram ID so I could contact you? Just saying. Thanks again man.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
The main danger attached to moving outdoor plants inside is hitch hiking pests. If there are no visible signs of thrips or mites or other bugs you should be okay. It may still be worth giving a precautionary spray down with some very diluted washing up liquid to be super safe (under side and top sides of leaves and whole plant).

I'm not on social media, this is just about as social as I get :) Just @ me in this thread and I'll chime in with any answers you need ;)

yazad

Temperatures at india are non favourable for cannabis.

Next time grow outdoors exactly as u have done.

Take same soil (source)

Keep it in direct sun as this plant is

But take my tip

That is grow 10 minimum plants

Few will die few will be male
Few will die cause of pests/ph/not flower
Few will die of some any problem

So still u should retain
Atleast 50 percent of your total plantation.

Now take few tips from an indian grower and u will not need to ask much again

1: no matter if u have full flowering 10 plants..
If they are on terrace in open they wont stink. I know indian strains

Even if seeds are imported and its under 5 plants they wont stink in full open terrace

2: keep them in shade in monsoon as water will full the buckets. Also save from storms.

3: no fertilizer needed ever grow full organic. Take @sunshines tip on making soil but ur current soul source is perfect for indian race.

4: flowers will be very late so have patience or try hybrid next time

5: best fertilizer is time

6: harvesting late is good then early.

7: dont get in ph level war and use organic

8: introduce 50 grams of earth worm in one bin and keep one big veggetable piece a week
For them to compost

9: dont be afraid u are doing it then do it with full confidence

Forget about it and give it time to mature just water them regularly as its full summer now

Check plants 4 times a day and each checking should be less then half minute.

GHOSTFIRE

Hey @yazad , thanks for the tips man. I wish I could grow outdoors but there will be a lot of suspicion. I wish I could but I just can't because of the low level of my house and houses all around higher. Is temperature not favourable? Like you're talking about if I keep them indoors? I plan on putting an exhaust and a fan inside. I will share my setup too, I don't expect a lot, but maybe 200gs per plant should be more than enough I guess. Light, air and good soil should do right?

GHOSTFIRE

Hey @Sunshine , I again thank you for the reply and the tip. Yeah, I wouldn't move my plant indoors. I'll let this one slide. What about starting indoors? That wouldn't need a pesticide wash right? Also, I respect the privacy and I will ping here if needed. I'll share the setup soon enough, let's see how it goes and what I can do to grow in my bathroom. Can't wait for this pandemic to reduce so I can shop for some supplies. Thanks again.

yazad

A big silent exhaust fan is essential in the grow room.

The rooms total air should replace within 5 minutes

A huge exhaust will help u 3 ways

1: air circulation very essential

2: low temperature as lights will get room hot.

3: more air displacement thus less smell of plants. The air will be so much diluted thus smell too will.

Yes indian temperatures are almost always above 30 till 45 celcious.

Cannabis has most upper limit of 28 degree celcious.

Thus always keep and work on effort of lowering the temps.

yazad

Order oreva led flood lights of 100 to 150 watts

One flood light for 2 plants.

Be ready for electricity bills.

Exhaust will consume very less

It should be onn 24 hours

And u can off the lights at peak afternoon when temps are highest. For 3 hours

GHOSTFIRE

Hey @Sunshine , like I said, I'm planning to move the plant indoors. I will wash it down with a neem spray soon, is there anything I've to keep in mind? 9 Watt LEDs like 3 per plant is enough? An exhaust fan replacing the air within the room pretty fast, a ceiling fan for circulation. Is there anything else I'd need? Please let me know. Also, I repotted my plant and it's going through the stretch I Believe. It's lush green and looks pretty happy. Would shifting it indoor matter? Will it make a difference and bring in less yeild? I believe it's atleast a 100-120 cms tall and pretty wide.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Would shifting it indoor matter? Will it make a difference and bring in less yeild? I believe it's atleast a 100-120 cms tall and pretty wide.
Yes you would yield quite a lot less as the small led's can only penetrate about 6-18 inches max and a land race like that needs a lot of light or it will stretch insanely and you will end up with very small flowers and lots and lots of stems. I recommend you keep it outside and take some cuttings in water to grow indoors.

LED light bulb wise ideally go for the 1500lumen+ bulbs, I use philips 13watt bulbs that produce 1521 lumens, the 19 watt osrams are also very good and produce around 2452 lumens. Good luck and keep us posted!

GHOSTFIRE

How do I receprocate the outdoor light? 3 LEDS all around the plant isn't enough? Im really confused. Should I invest in a grow light then? It's still way out of my budget tho.
The setup I have in mind is the LEDs attached to a cardboard and pretty close to the plant with reflective material around. Does the wattage matter or the luminescence? Is the gram per watt rule applicable?

I've ordered Jack herrer feminised autoflowering quality seeds. They recommend 20 hours of light everyday. Would the high luminescence Led bulbs, 3 per plant suffice?

Also, I'm worried about if it'll be worth it. No humidifier and de humidifier and I'm still worried if there might be something I'm forgetting. I just want enough yeild.

Last edited:

yazad

More flower and less experience

For that u need more plants or more experience.

U dnt have experience yet thus u can increase plants quantity.

Yet again grow lights are very expensive in india.

Buy Phillips 13/10/20 watt led White bulbs they have supreme watt to lumens ratio.

Keep the bulbs outer portion out of the grow room to keep room/tent cool.

Humidity wont mess with you much if u have very good ventilation for wich i always recommend over size silent low speed 1300 rpm exhaust simple fan of oreva company

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
How do I receprocate the outdoor light? 3 LEDS all around the plant isn't enough? Im really confused.
To flower a landrace thats already over 1.2m indoors and acheive a decent yield you'd need a 600w hps or similar powered led light (real wattage).
The setup I have in mind is the LEDs attached to a cardboard and pretty close to the plant with reflective material around. Does the wattage matter or the luminescence? Is the gram per watt rule applicable?
I'd avoid using cardboard (just to be on the safe side) next to the lights as the bases do get quite hot. Lumen per watt is the measure of efficiency for sil's (screw in led light bulbs), the 13w 1521lumen and 19w 2452 lumen bulbs are good choices for a small personal setup.
I've ordered Jack herrer feminised autoflowering quality seeds. They recommend 20 hours of light everyday. Would the high luminescence Led bulbs, 3 per plant suffice?
Yes that would be a good solution 👍

Top Bottom