Question Best Way to Germinate Old Cannabis Seeds ?

Bendejo Jackson

Apr 11, 2022
On one of my previous posts I talked about a juicy fruit smelling plant I grew 7yrs ago. So today I got a new refrigerator(yay) but when removing the old one I saw a dime bag of seeds I thought I mistakenly threw away the same batch of bag seeds I grew the juicy fruit from, but mind u I had the seeds 4yrs prior to planting so in total the seeds are 10+ yrs old.

My question to the more experienced greenthumbers here is this....what's the most reliable method to popping old seeds. I'm extremely curious to see what other strains come out of this sack of bag seeds.

progro

Jun 1, 2022
H202 soak for 1-3 hours then into water for 12-24 hours, then paper towel.
I tried that the very 1st time, but they disintegrated into pieces, never to be used again, the proper way to get a starter kit is that you plant the seeds & when they are out of the soil wait till it gets too big for the kits then transplant, you will never fail, nothing but perfection

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_080800579.jpg
    IMG_20220724_080800579.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220724_080823454.jpg
    IMG_20220724_080823454.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Gerald Rochon

Nov 3, 2021
On one of my previous posts I talked about a juicy fruit smelling plant I grew 7yrs ago. So today I got a new refrigerator(yay) but when removing the old one I saw a dime bag of seeds I thought I mistakenly threw away the same batch of bag seeds I grew the juicy fruit from, but mind u I had the seeds 4yrs prior to planting so in total the seeds are 10+ yrs old.

My question to the more experienced greenthumbers here is this....what's the most reliable method to popping old seeds. I'm extremely curious to see what other strains come out of this sack of bag seeds.
I have heard that sometimes banana peels work

Bendejo Jackson

Apr 11, 2022
I tried that the very 1st time, but they disintegrated into pieces, never to be used again, the proper way to get a starter kit is that you plant the seeds & when they are out of the soil wait till it gets too big for the kits then transplant, you will never fail, nothing but perfection
The plants look like they're in bad condition man.

Joheim

Aug 23, 2021
Sounds like your beans were crap from the start. Don't come at me saying my methods don't work when my plants look better than yours. And I question your "100% success".

On second thought I think you are good enough to join my ignore list

Maddawger

Oct 11, 2021
Hey brother!
You may want to start a new post about getting some advice for your plants.
Those leaves are screaming that there is a problem with your plants.
I would hate to have you grow those plants for this long just for the buds to turn out like :poop: .

I am not seeing any healthy leaves on those plants if you don't turn that grow around quickly you will not even be able to turn that grow into bubble hash.
That would be sad to waste all of that time.

Without knowing all the details of your grow I would simply suggest up potting those to a good high quality soil.
Water only and LITFA....

progro

Jun 1, 2022
Hey brother!
I would hate to have you grow those plants for this long just for the buds to turn out like :poop: .

I am not seeing any healthy leaves on those plants if you don't turn that grow around quickly you will not even be able to turn that grow into bubble hash.

Without knowing all the details of your grow I would simply suggest up potting those to a good high quality soil.
Water only and LITFA....
no, it was harvest time, they were due to be cut down like I didn't do with the photos. which they are down, the leaves didn't change until later on in the flowering, those were in 3rd month which should have been taken down a long time ago, it's natural for leaves to die at their end of the life cycle, I been using Remo's for my last 2 grows & never failed

progro

Jun 1, 2022
Hey brother!

Water only and LITFA....
such ruthless insulting effing behavior I JUST SEEN HERRE, people come in & YOU SAY THAT! where are YOUR PLANTS? HOW IN THE h*ll CAN YOU JUDGE WITHOUT ANY FOR ME TO JUDGE YOURS, YOU'RE JUST VIOLATED TOS, YOU BASH @ ME SAYING THAT WHERE'S THE F ARE YOURS?

Joheim

Aug 23, 2021
such ruthless insulting effing behavior I JUST SEEN HERRE, people come in & YOU SAY THAT! where are YOUR PLANTS? HOW IN THE h*ll CAN YOU JUDGE WITHOUT ANY FOR ME TO JUDGE YOURS, YOU'RE JUST VIOLATED TOS, YOU BASH @ ME SAYING THAT WHERE'S THE F ARE YOURS?
Look around the site, he and I are everywhere but here's one of mine. That's what a decent harvest looks like. Or did you want a younger one to compare your premature harvest against. That second one is only 2-3 weeks in flower. These are healthy leaves.

By the way, no one attacked you. We are just defending known and successful methods that you attacked, without ANY viable defense or proof otherwise. I feel we have been kind in debunking your misinformation, much less trying to decipher your syntax.

Lastly, if you're satisfied with whatever you got from that plant, If that was at harvest as you said, grow on, you already know everything but also know you grow alone.

Attachments

• 20220227_120054.jpg
    20220227_120054.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220801_214420.jpg
    20220801_214420.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 49

DanrockOG

Aug 11, 2020

Hello bro 👋

For old seeds treat them before germination like we do for landraces here... It's just my thought you can google em later how to use etc etc...
Treat em seeds with Pseudomonas fluorescens and Trichoma... Those will boost up the seeds for sure..

Regards 🙏

progro

Jun 1, 2022
Hello bro 👋

For old seeds treat them before germination like we do for landraces here... It's just my thought you can google em later how to use etc etc...
Treat em seeds with Pseudomonas fluorescens and Trichoma... Those will boost up the seeds for sure..

Regards 🙏
the problem I had before I GOTTEN BASHED UPON & GOD SWEARS HE BETTER NOT DO IT AGAIN OR ELSE, I don't use fluorescents when I started we had HIDS we didn't have fluorescents, I used an HPS lamp it grew to its fullness without budding, I never flowered it back then when you have a state cop on the floor above you, I finished it without the flowering, but it has gotten too hot 1 of the reasons I ended my grow, it's not the 1st time at the rodeo, the reason they were smaller b/c THEY WERE OVER WATERED IN THE BEGINNING, nothing you can do about that, otherwise let it finish, but to come out telling people their plants look like shit is pure hatred & inconsideration towards others, he'll get his day , karma is a b****

progro

Jun 1, 2022
I'll see if there's any YT videos on that.
such hatred there are only 2 words to type F YOU! such hatred, NO wonder no one likes the forums anymore a lot of a holes here I see
why are you people so ignorant, we are legal now & looking & trying to grow, TBH, you have a lousy way to encourage people

Last edited:

Maddawger

Oct 11, 2021
such hatred there are only 2 words to type F YOU! such hatred, NO wonder no one likes the forums anymore a lot of a holes here I see
why are you people so ignorant, we are legal now & looking & trying to grow, TBH, you have a lousy way to encourage people

All I can say is WOW Bro!

Made a post to hopefully help you out and you went full ape shit.

Chill out.............

Gropro1resize.jpg
Gropro2 resize.jpg

no, it was harvest time, they were due to be cut down
Dude please...............................................................!

When buds are ready to be harvested there stigmas/hairs don't look like your plants do in your photos. Plus there should be way more bud development. Judging by a reduced flower development and the abundance of hairs those plants look like they are in week 4 of flower at most. You can easily do a search for the "flowering stages of cannabis" if you would like to verify my claim above.

Or you can simple look at the picture a well-known member posted below and clearly see the lack of hairs and a much chunkier bud development which is indicative of week 7 or 8 of the flowing stage.
20220227_120054.jpg

I have a bit of advise for you.
It is the same advise I give my young son.
You need to shut the F' up and pay attention more.
I know you are thinking I am attacking you but once again, I will tell you the exact thing I tell my son.
If I am not riding you to be a better human being I have given up on you....

If you consider people trying to help you and educate you an attack maybe this site is not for you..
The people that make this site a great place emit good vibes and you have not been doing that.
Simple look at your Stats 41 comments and 29 likes.

1660324788551.png
Good Vibes = More likes than comments....

This is not my opinion (it's scientific) you can simple look at each and every members stats here.
You will see 99.99% have more likes than they do comments.

So what I am saying is Relax, Smoke a Bowl of some good shit and listen so that you can grow as a person and as a grower of this miracle plant.
passitleft.gif

Ya, I know I might have been a little tough but I am sure you can handle it...

Bendejo Jackson

Apr 11, 2022
U mad cause I laughed at you're photos?...u gave advice and used meager examples as a basis. Its not our fault u can't take constructive criticism.

Maddawger

Oct 11, 2021
such ruthless insulting effing behavior I JUST SEEN HERRE, people come in & YOU SAY THAT! where are YOUR PLANTS?HOW IN THE h*ll CAN YOU JUDGE WITHOUT ANY FOR ME TO JUDGE YOURS, YOU'RE JUST VIOLATED TOS, YOU BASH @ ME SAYING THAT WHERE'S THE F ARE YOURS?

All you have to do to see a members photos is ...

1660326919929.png

I will save you some time though....

1660327102488-png.21069

Have a nice day!

Attachments

• 1660327102488.png
    1660327102488.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 190

Back