Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question
StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

Canadan

Im bubbling up a compost tea to charge up my biochar with micronutes and I was wondering if the tea will go anaerobic once I dump it into the pail of biochar and let it sit for 2 weeks. Im under the assumption that if the tea is used right after its brewed for 24hrs that it will not go rancid and spoil the biochar. I will be stirring it daily and covering it with some burlap so it still breathes.Cant seem to find anything in grow info about it.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Im bubbling up a compost tea to charge up my biochar with micronutes and I was wondering if the tea will go anaerobic once I dump it into the pail of biochar and let it sit for 2 weeks. Im under the assumption that if the tea is used right after its brewed for 24hrs that it will not go rancid and spoil the biochar. I will be stirring it daily and covering it with some burlap so it still breathes.Cant seem to find anything in grow info about it.
Alternatively you could add the biochar to your soil mix, then apply the compost tea to your soil mix, the bacteria will colonise the biochar. Good luck and keep us posted!

Canadan

I was told that adding uncharged biochar will suck up any nutrients in your soil mix so I think that it should be charged first and used as a microbe food storage that is readily available in the soil mix. I was just hoping that my compost tea charge doesn't go anaerobic after sitting for 2 weeks. I realize that some of the microbes are going to die off during that period of time but some bacteria will still remain.Maybe I should just let the tea soaked biochar aerate for a couple more hours strain it and mix it in right away. Not to sure if its going to cook in the soil though.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
The carbon gold brand 'enriched organic biochar' is the one that's available in most good garden centres here, this is ready to go so no need to precharge etc.

https//www.leaffin.com/anaerobic-compost-tea-aeration-pump/

Canadan

Ya I bought mine a while back but didn't know anything about biochar being charged up. Im going to have to do a little more research on the subject because I'm not buying any more. I will let you know what I come up with. Seems like a good discussion topic for the future:cool:

StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains
Top Bottom