Blimburn Granddaddy Purple, Nirvana Blue Mystic, Adv Mix f3, Kush & Stinky Seeds Dead Hooker OG

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Some pics taken last night. First up the Granddaddy Purple, the large leaves can shade lower growth on strains like this but they can be easily 'tucked' to allow better light penetration to the lower limbs (see pics).

GDP before tuck
DSC_3839.JPG
and after leaf tuck
DSC_3841.JPG
Here's a group shot. The canopy is getting nice and full and the GDP is catching up quickly.
DSC_3837.JPG

The girls are all going to get a good seaweed drench tonight (2.5l each 5 gal pot) so they're heatwave ready.

Highcountry

Aug 12, 2019
Wow, what beautiful plants. I know a commercial grower who only grows GDP. He is an expert in it. I am finishing up Blueberry Kush that looks like it is covered with sugar. How do you know when to harvest? I would hate to cut it short when it is producing big buds.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Wow, what beautiful plants. I know a commercial grower who only grows GDP. He is an expert in it. I am finishing up Blueberry Kush that looks like it is covered with sugar. How do you know when to harvest? I would hate to cut it short when it is producing big buds.
There are couple of articles in the grow faq about it, this one and this one are worth reading and should give you all the info you need. If you still have questions when you've read them then start a new thread and I'll be more than happy to help! You don't want to get it wrong now you've got this far :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The plants are growing nicely, it's been a week since their last watering so will check on them this evening and give them a seaweed top up to keep them in the zone.
The GDP is now the same height as the rest of the canopy and showing no signs of slowing down, I may have to hobble her with a super crop in the next week or so to limit vertical growth.
Will post update pics later this evening! Have a great day everyone?

Cannada

Oct 27, 2018
I like those big fat leaves on the GDP @Sunshine.You have quite the assembly line producrion going now! I need to get this reveg after chop process down. I like the idea of not having to wait for fresh seedlings to mature altgough I do like the adventure of a new run of different strains as well.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Thanks guys!
I like the idea of not having to wait for fresh seedlings to mature altgough I do like the adventure of a new run of different strains as well.
You can do 50/50, half reveg and half newbies, then only bring your favourite/s back.
The reveg certainly saves a lot of time and yield is more than double in the same time frame?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Tonights updates, the GDP's stretch was true to the reviews and she's more than doubled in height but is now slowing down, I'm hoping she won't get much taller as she seems to have settled.
DSC_3946.JPG
I've popped a 9w (freeby) led with dome removed about 8 inches from the top of the(GDP) plant to give the terminal some direct light and stop her stretching. The node distance on this one isn't ideal but let's see how she flowers up at this, relatively low, light intensity.
On the subject of led light bulbs, there's a noticeable difference in the light output of a 9w unbranded vs a 13.5 philips led. The 9w give just 806lumens compared to the 13.5watters impressive 1521 lumens and you can really see it!
DSC_3947.JPG
If you're going to buy led light bulbs be sure to go for the 1521 lumen versions, ideally philips.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
As always, Great selection of strains @Sunshine . Hows your variegated blue mystic doing? are you using LED bulbs instead sof the regurlar grow lights this run?
Yes I've been using led light bulbs since the beginning of the year for several runs, specifically the philips 13w corepro bulbs with domes removed which I highly recommend.
I chopped the variegated blue mystic about a month ago as it was getting in the way of the GDP and wasn't going to provide a yield sufficient to justify it's presence. I have an unopened pack of regs of the BM and some f2's knocking about so it won't be long before it pops up again in one of my grows :)

CrimemasterGoGo

Sep 16, 2018
Nice I was always wondering if any company here made bulb holders like the ones you are using but I couldn't find any, What are they called (the bulb holders) ?
Do you manually turn your lights on and off or are you using a timer for them ? I thought everyone here used the conventional grow lights. A lot of growers here in India do the same and end up getting amazing results the only difference here is that since going to a electrician here is cheap we have the option to go to one get one of these custom built.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Do you manually turn your lights on and off
No, I use a plug in timer, turning on and off manually introduces the possibility of human error.
What are they called (the bulb holders) ?
I looked at alot of different ones before deciding on this one, I like the fact you can adjust them, the price was very good and quality better than expected.

The problem with many of the conventional led grow lights is that they're cheaply made in china with poor quality diodes and drivers and the lumen output and other metrics are exaggerated by the manufacturers.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Nice I was always wondering if any company here made bulb holders like the ones you are using but I couldn't find any, What are they called (the bulb holders) ?
Do you manually turn your lights on and off or are you using a timer for them ? I thought everyone here used the conventional grow lights. A lot of growers here in India do the same and end up getting amazing results the only difference here is that since going to a electrician here is cheap we have the option to go to one get one of these custom built.
WoW Crimemaster I didn't know you were in India are you and Yazad neighbors probably not India is Quite Big. o_O

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Flowers are setting up and the garden's smelling sweet!

Here's the top of the GDP, growing nicely and smelling sweet and fruity.
DSC_3981.JPG

Group shot
DSC_3984.JPGDSC_3987.JPG

Back