Buying clones

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Hello.
I am looking to purchase my first clones. I live in Toronto Ontario Canada and am growing outdoors. Does anyone have a reliable source for clones in the GTA or Ontario?
Also any tips for growing is well appreciated.
I have a ph pen and ph up and down powder.
remo nutrients
Remo roots
Five gallon fabric pots

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Hello.
I am looking to purchase my first clones. I live in Toronto Ontario Canada and am growing outdoors. Does anyone have a reliable source for clones in the GTA or Ontario?
Also any tips for growing is well appreciated.
I have a ph pen and ph up and down powder.
remo nutrients
Remo roots
Five gallon fabric pots
5 gallon to small outside. Once those roots fill up that pot you will be watering and nuts constantly. At least a 10 gallon pot. I use 15 and 20 gallon outside. RenderedI1.jpg
15 gallon pots on left for photos. 7 gallon pots on right Autos.

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
I am looking to grow on a balcony in the city. I have grow. Plenty of tomato, basil, pepper and other various plants on the balcony. In the past I have stoped the upward growing process of the tomato plant by cutting the top main stem when the height is roughly 4-5 feet. I am planing to do the same with the weed pants, so the grow wider rather than taller. I was also looking into autoflowering clones.

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Have you tried autos. Outdoors they can produce pretty big yields 2.5 months seed to harvest and smaller plants. Great for balcony grows.
I am going to give autos a try for this season. I read pretty much what you stated. Easier and large yields in a short period.
Thanks for all your advice. I really appreciate it!

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Hey Nat autos are a great choice for what you intend to grow but you cant get auto clones as far as I know you can only get auto seeds. Autos are very different from photo period plants and their needs are different too I asked the question about food and growing autos before on this forum cant quite remember who replied back but their advice is all you need to know it might have been Colamaker or Alphatoy . They will let you know the soil needs and how to care for them. I live east of Toronto but I grow in raised beds and you will yield far less than photo period plants as well expect around a quarter pound per plant and Northern Lights would be my choice from a reputable seed bank. Good Luck !!

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Yes autos can't be cloned. So if someone tells you is an auto clone don't buy it. Here's why. Technically you can clone an auto but it will not finish correctly. Why? Autos are on like a timer. Once growing it does its cycles automatically with no change in lighting. So let's say your 3 weeks in growth and you clip to clone that clipping is still on that timer so you are already in flowering stage and no veg stage. The clone clipping won't grow properly as it's in flowering and no flowers. Most just die no bud. Growing photos on balcony can be tough if only getting 5 to 6 hours of direct sun. Most will flower early but as in yields between the photos and autos on a short direct light will be very similar. For me on a balcony I'd go autos. Also there are many auto strains that you can look up and see their growth and yield. Some short and bushy some tall. So many. But I can't stress this enough every plant even from same strain can grow very different. One grow might get great yields and 1 grow not as much. The plants have a mind of there own. Autos no veg nuts. The white stuff inside the seed is enough food for 2 weeks of veg growth then your blooming and gradually add bloom nuts for the first week or so into flowering. Also don't use a super soil to germ and start like fox farm Ocean a very hot soil. . If use that layer the super soil under a layer of normal not hot soil. When I say a hot soil it means I'd super charged with natural nutrients. You grow the autos into it not start em in it.

Nat0987

Apr 3, 2021
Thank you for the solid information. I now understand the autos and how they cannot be cloned, you explained it very well! I purchased some gorilla glue auto seeds and will dabble with them this season. I did not know that about the soil. Would pro mix be a good top layer? Good to know about the bloom nuts during the first week of flowering. Once I get the ph tester I ordered I am going to test my tap water for the ph level. I feel I will have to purchase filtered water to water the plants. Or would you happen to have any suggestion on how to filter city tap water to make it safe for the plants?

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Not sure on the tap water with chlorine in it. Other members may have better input on that. I use well water and rain water. As the nuts start with half. If it says 1tbs per gallon go 1/2 tbs per gallon for the first couple nut feeding then bring up. I use fox farm big bloom and can feed every other watering. Almost half way into flowering cycle I use a bloom booster fox farm beastie blooms once a week until flush time with just water. As the soil this is what I do. I buy a bag of fox farm ocean 1.5cf then I buy some regular potting soil and some compost manure soil. Then I mix equel parts together to fill the pot. Fox farm ocean is pretty hot so mixing it with the other soils cools it down but still rich in natural nutrients. I have seen people use pro mix but not sure what there results were. I never used it or will use miracle grow potting soil. Don't buy soil with extended release feed up to 3 to 6 months in it for autos. Autos dont need crazy amounts of nitrogen especially in flowering which is pretty much its whole life. 2 weeks ish veg time and 7 to 8 weeks flowering 16177699496087644880345476594721.jpg

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you for the solid information. I now understand the autos and how they cannot be cloned, you explained it very well! I purchased some gorilla glue auto seeds and will dabble with them this season. I did not know that about the soil. Would pro mix be a good top layer? Good to know about the bloom nuts during the first week of flowering. Once I get the ph tester I ordered I am going to test my tap water for the ph level. I feel I will have to purchase filtered water to water the plants. Or would you happen to have any suggestion on how to filter city tap water to make it safe for the plants?
🤠The simplest method of dechlorinating water is to let the chlorine evaporate. Chlorine is a gas that has been compressed to make it a liquid. At room temperature chlorine is a gas, so if you let chlorinated water exposed to the atmosphere, the chlorine will evaporate. How fast it evaporates depends on the surface area of the container.
The advantage of this method of eliminating chlorine is that it is free and straightforward. The downside of this method is that it might take up to 24 hours for the chlorine to evaporate I hope this helps you also you can get rid of chlorine by running it through charcoal filters and When water runs through activated charcoal, chlorine is absorbed by the charcoal. This method is fast because it takes just seconds of chlorine to be filtered out. This method is good because it also removes chloramines from water. if you use the above system put in an air stone that will be a lot faster I use a 10 gal wash tub with air stones also you can boil water to get rid of chlorine another Topic and some members do not agree with me but for soil I use Miracle gro super potting soil if you run my site you can see what I believe in it has worked 100% for me for a few years and it works for my Orchid growing they are a very high stress growing flower and cannabis is a weed people grow it just outside in dirt all the time and then add nutes grow the plant don't let the plant grow you. :mask:

Last edited:

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
To dechlorinate my tap water I simply fill 1 gallon milk jugs and let them set 24-48 hours with the lids off. Done, simple as that. I do aerate my 10 gallon brew can of tap water overnight before adding my compost and worm castings etc., to my tea. I understand the chlorine will kill off all the good beneficial microbes I'm trying to introduce.

Back