CANCARD - UK Medical Cannabis Initiative

ThC

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 7, 2017
On November 1st a new and promising medical cannabis initiative called CANCARD is launching in the UK.

Currently in the UK as many as 1.1 million people qualify for a private prescription of medical cannabis but due to the very high cost of privately prescribed cannabis many of these patients are forced into criminality by virtue of their inability to fund extortionate private prescriptions. By purchasing "illegal" cannabis or growing their own in order to alleviate their symptoms they become criminals in the eyes of the law despite qualifying for a private prescription and having genuine medical need. This is precisely the situation that the CANCARD initiative is designed to remedy. (the information below is from the CANCARD website)

cancard-1st-november-uk-medical-cannabis.jpg

Benefits to the patient
- Minimising the risk of stress for patients who are living in fear of legal involvement for their health choices.

- Providing extra visibility and assistance in communication with the police.

- Access to an open-source legal argument framework for any solicitor in the event of a charge.

Benefits to the police
- Help with the frustration of being unable to verify a genuine medicinal consumer.

- Time saving.

- Aid in the choice of utilising discretion over resources.

- Complimentary to diversion schemes for those unsuitable.

Benefits for the future
- Moving towards a space whereby medicinal cannabis is more visible and accepted in the UK

- Opportunity to utilise community insights for surveys, gathering patient needs and wants for the future development of a UK industry.

- Building a support network and a legacy of resources for future patients to come.

Who is this for?

The Medicinal Cannabis holographic photo ID card is available to patients who meet the following criteria:-

- Have a diagnosis (confirmed by their GP) that is currently being prescribed for privately.

- Have tried two types of prescription medication or have discussed and discounted these options based on side effect profile or dependance concerns.

- Are unable to afford a private prescription.

- Are required to be in possession of a small amount of Cannabis in order to manage their symptoms.

- Are at risk of criminalisation.

If you live with one of the following health conditions you are eligible for a private Medicinal Cannabis prescription, therefore you meet the requirements for the ID card.

Cancer:
Anxiety
Chemotherapy induced nausea
Cancer related appetite loss
Depression
Palliative care

Gastrointestinal:
Crohn’s disease
Ulcerative Colitis
IBD
IBS
Neurological:
Autistic spectrum disorder
Epilepsy
Migraine
Cluster headache
MS
Neuropathic pain
Parkinson’s disease

Pain:
Arthritis/RA
Chronic pain
Fibromyalgia
Migraine
Cluster headache
Neuropathic pain
Palliative care
Psychiatric:
ADHD
Anxiety
Agoraphobia
ASD
Depression
Insomnia
PTSD
OCD

For more information please visit the CANCARD website and consider donating to their funding campaign.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
On November 1st a new and promising medical cannabis initiative called CANCARD is launching in the UK.

Currently in the UK as many as 1.1 million people qualify for a private prescription of medical cannabis but due to the very high cost of privately prescribed cannabis many of these patients are forced into criminality by virtue of their inability to fund extortionate private prescriptions. By purchasing "illegal" cannabis or growing their own in order to alleviate their symptoms they become criminals in the eyes of the law despite qualifying for a private prescription and having genuine medical need. This is precisely the situation that the CANCARD initiative is designed to remedy. (the information below is from the CANCARD website)

View attachment 13184

Benefits to the patient
- Minimising the risk of stress for patients who are living in fear of legal involvement for their health choices.

- Providing extra visibility and assistance in communication with the police.

- Access to an open-source legal argument framework for any solicitor in the event of a charge.

Benefits to the police
- Help with the frustration of being unable to verify a genuine medicinal consumer.

- Time saving.

- Aid in the choice of utilising discretion over resources.

- Complimentary to diversion schemes for those unsuitable.

Benefits for the future
- Moving towards a space whereby medicinal cannabis is more visible and accepted in the UK

- Opportunity to utilise community insights for surveys, gathering patient needs and wants for the future development of a UK industry.

- Building a support network and a legacy of resources for future patients to come.

Who is this for?

The Medicinal Cannabis holographic photo ID card is available to patients who meet the following criteria:-

- Have a diagnosis (confirmed by their GP) that is currently being prescribed for privately.

- Have tried two types of prescription medication or have discussed and discounted these options based on side effect profile or dependance concerns.

- Are unable to afford a private prescription.

- Are required to be in possession of a small amount of Cannabis in order to manage their symptoms.

- Are at risk of criminalisation.

If you live with one of the following health conditions you are eligible for a private Medicinal Cannabis prescription, therefore you meet the requirements for the ID card.

Cancer:
Anxiety
Chemotherapy induced nausea
Cancer related appetite loss
Depression
Palliative care

Gastrointestinal:
Crohn’s disease
Ulcerative Colitis
IBD
IBS
Neurological:
Autistic spectrum disorder
Epilepsy
Migraine
Cluster headache
MS
Neuropathic pain
Parkinson’s disease

Pain:
Arthritis/RA
Chronic pain
Fibromyalgia
Migraine
Cluster headache
Neuropathic pain
Palliative care
Psychiatric:
ADHD
Anxiety
Agoraphobia
ASD
Depression
Insomnia
PTSD
OCD

For more information please visit the CANCARD website and consider donating to their funding campaign.
?THC Question with a cancard are you all able to grow your own products or not seems like if you have a cancard you would be able to produce your own medical product:mask:

L

Luna

Will there be available stores that sell weed instead of us growing then in our homes ?

Hannahuff

Oct 19, 2020
?
?THC Question with a cancard are you all able to grow your own products or not seems like if you have a cancard you would be able to produce your own medical product:mask:
I have no idea but not necessarily true. Last I knew Floridas medical program doesn't offer any type of cultivation, nor does DC I think-

fiannakrog

Jul 8, 2022
I am very glad that more and more clinics are providing such cards. Many people live and suffer from severe chronic pain, not imagining that medical marijuana can be their salvation since this treatment method is not at all common in our country and throughout the world. I suffer from arthritis myself, and the only salvation is medical marijuana, which I get with the help of medical marijuana doctors. There's the same service as in your post, and once the same advertising on the forum drew my attention to it, so I think it's very important, and you need to advertise. So I am happy for those who will be able to get their treatment with the help of these guys, good luck to everyone.

Last edited:

ZachariahDraghi

Aug 6, 2022
I don't know what it is like in the United Kingdom, but we have the same type of card in the United States. Of course, it is quite difficult to get it, you have to go through several steps. I got it myself along with https://marijuanadoctor.com/locations/marijuana-doctor-jacksonville-beach for reducing anxiety and depression. I've been taking it since March and am seeing real changes, but hope to stop soon. Of course, I don't have as many panic attacks, but I am emotionally unstable, which is not a good thing since I work with a lot of clients daily.

Last edited:

Back