Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Cannabis oil 'available on prescription NEXT MONTH in UK'

CANNABIS oil will be available on the NHS next month, the Home Secretary has reportedly confirmed.
Sajid Javid said From November 1 UK laws will change to make medicinal cannabis-based products available for prescription, according to MailOnline.

In June, the Home Sec said Britain’s Misuse of Drugs Relations act – which was passed in 2001 – was under review.

He said in a statement: “I have been clear that my intention was always to ensure that patients have access to the most appropriate course of medical treatment.
“These products could be available to be prescribed to patients”
Sajid Javid​
“I stressed the importance of acting swiftly to ensure that where medically appropriate, these products could be available to be prescribed to patients.

“I have been clear that this should be achieved at the earliest opportunity whilst ensuring that the appropriate safeguards were in place to minimise the risks of misuse and diversion.”

[source: dailystar.co.uk / published: October 11. 2018]

Comments

Privacy watchdog says cannabis buyers should use cash, not credit
OTTAWA — Canada’s privacy watchdog is warning marijuana users who are worried about their personal information being collected to pay with cash...
Cannabis found to alter genetic profile of sperm
Scientists warn that men attempting to conceive should avoid consuming cannabis for six months as the drug could affect sperm. Scientists have...
New Zealand to hold referendum on legalising recreational cannabis
Vote will coincide with 2020 general election; it follows legalisation of drug’s use for medicinal purposes Cannabis is widely used in New...
New York governor says he's ready to legalize recreational pot
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Monday called for the legalization of recreational marijuana use in his state -- a move that would add America's...
The 'UK's first cannabis oil superstore' to open in Derbyshire
A brand new cannabis-based 'superstore' is set to open in Derbyshire. Hemp HQ, which will be based in Granby Street, Ilkeston, will sell a variety...