Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Cannabis oil 'available on prescription NEXT MONTH in UK'

CANNABIS oil will be available on the NHS next month, the Home Secretary has reportedly confirmed.
Sajid Javid said From November 1 UK laws will change to make medicinal cannabis-based products available for prescription, according to MailOnline.

In June, the Home Sec said Britain’s Misuse of Drugs Relations act – which was passed in 2001 – was under review.

He said in a statement: “I have been clear that my intention was always to ensure that patients have access to the most appropriate course of medical treatment.
“These products could be available to be prescribed to patients”
Sajid Javid​
“I stressed the importance of acting swiftly to ensure that where medically appropriate, these products could be available to be prescribed to patients.

“I have been clear that this should be achieved at the earliest opportunity whilst ensuring that the appropriate safeguards were in place to minimise the risks of misuse and diversion.”

[source: dailystar.co.uk / published: October 11. 2018]

Comments

'Which one is going to be cheaper and better?' Black market will thrive, advocates say
A short drive away from British Columbia’s first and only legal marijuana store, Bill Semeniuk inhaled deeply from a joint outside an illegal...
Canada's cannabis legalization goes into effect
Canadians can now purchase and grow their own marijuana after a two-year effort by the government. While enthusiasts have hailed the move, some...
Weed is legal in Canada but majority of pot users still want to keep it ‘hush hush’: Ipsos poll
Recreational marijuana is officially legal across the country. But despite it being allowed, more than half of Canadian pot users still would not...
Cannabis NB’s website goes live, prices starting at $8.50/gram
New Brunswickers now know how much they’ll pay for cannabis, and can start “window shopping” ahead of legalization on Wednesday Cannabis NB’s...
Greenhouse growers turn to cannabis to cash in on lucrative crop
A growing number of fruit and vegetable farmers in southern Ontario are switching over to cannabis or at least adding it to their production. That...