Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question

CBD and Schizophrenia

Fox420

Hey guys
I was just wondering if anyone knew any good strains for people suffering with schizophrenia. I’ve heard both arguments (good and bad) when it comes to weed and schizophrenia, but I wanted to get y’alls advice. Maybe a high CBD low THC strain? Or should I just look into buying the CBD oil itself.
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m just tired of feeling like a medicated zombie all the time and thought I’d try something new.
Thanks in advanced. Have a rad day

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hey @Fox420 welcome to FC :)
High CBD strains are definitely recommended as you say, lots of good ones available, check with StrainSupermarket.com for prices of any strains you're interested in they'll beat the price and give great freebies ;)
CBD oil buying is expensive, some of it isn't as advertised and you don't know if it contains any pesticide residues etc so if it were me I'd be inclined to stick to flowers instead.
Dutch Passion do a CBD feminized mix which contains
3 x CBD Compassion
3 x CBD Charlottes Angel
3 x CBD Kush
You could try one of each and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Fox420

Hey @Fox420 welcome to FC :)
High CBD strains are definitely recommended as you say, lots of good ones available, check with StrainSupermarket.com for prices of any strains you're interested in they'll beat the price and give great freebies ;)
CBD oil buying is expensive, some of it isn't as advertised and you don't know if it contains any pesticide residues etc so if it were me I'd be inclined to stick to flowers instead.
Dutch Passion do a CBD feminized mix which contains
3 x CBD Compassion
3 x CBD Charlottes Angel
3 x CBD Kush
You could try one of each and see what works best for you. Good luck!
Wow. You’re the bomb! And I’ve seen a lot of your posts on here. You’re growing and advice just seem rad. Do you have any other advice for someone just starting out?

Fox420

RachelMacLeodN

However, they found no impact on negative psychotic symptoms. Overall, these results suggest that CBD has an antipsychotic effect in schizophrenia when delivered as an adjunct treatment. However, this effect appears to be very modest and limited to only positive psychotic symptoms.

Colamaker

Cbd trials do show improvement but are given high mg doses. Smoking it will not give the dosage as in clinical trials to be at all usefull for physcosis treatment. It will relax you and help with joint pain, anxiety ect. It may help a little but my suggestion would be grow it and have it processed to concentrated form.

StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

Colamaker

Relaxation, natural inflammatory. Depends on strain how much cbd is produced smoking it. Concentrate comes in different mg. And costly. Thats why I'd recommend a press to make own concentrates. Thc or cbd.

Colamaker

Been really curious about cbd what are the effects when ingesting by smoke. And what are the effects when you mix both.. if you know
most cbd oil is hemp based o.o3%thc
Marijuana cbd oil is from high cbd strains but will also have thc in different levels.
Smoking and concentrate will just relax ya more.

Hannahuff

I would look into making your own concentrates post harvest of any high cbd strains you decide to cultivate. I advise against any run of the mill store or online purchased cbd oils except for an independently lab tested despensary product. Most generic cbd products in the store do not contain any thc and you need small trace amounts of thc to get the full benefit of high cbd doses. As stated already, smoking flower is still not going to give you the amount of cbd you would need for desired treatment...

RachelMacLeodN

Hey, pal. Frankly speaking, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with mental illness. You should get a second opinion regarding the diagnosis though because it's always hard to diagnose mental illness like schizophrenia. You should get checked out again and verify your mental status again. If you are going to keep the symptoms under control it might help you to deal with your view of your own problems. I honestly think that you should try to embrace it, I have read, that the using of the CBD oil helps to deal with the anxiety from https://www.healthcanal.com/best-cbd-oil/anxiety, maybe it will help you. Write me in PM, I'll try to help you.

StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains
Top Bottom