CBD and Schizophrenia

Fox420

Apr 12, 2018
Hey guys
I was just wondering if anyone knew any good strains for people suffering with schizophrenia. I’ve heard both arguments (good and bad) when it comes to weed and schizophrenia, but I wanted to get y’alls advice. Maybe a high CBD low THC strain? Or should I just look into buying the CBD oil itself.
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I’m just tired of feeling like a medicated zombie all the time and thought I’d try something new.
Thanks in advanced. Have a rad day

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Hey @Fox420 welcome to FC :)
High CBD strains are definitely recommended as you say, lots of good ones available, check with StrainSupermarket.com for prices of any strains you're interested in they'll beat the price and give great freebies ;)
CBD oil buying is expensive, some of it isn't as advertised and you don't know if it contains any pesticide residues etc so if it were me I'd be inclined to stick to flowers instead.
Dutch Passion do a CBD feminized mix which contains
3 x CBD Compassion
3 x CBD Charlottes Angel
3 x CBD Kush
You could try one of each and see what works best for you. Good luck!

Fox420

Apr 12, 2018
Hey @Fox420 welcome to FC :)
High CBD strains are definitely recommended as you say, lots of good ones available, check with StrainSupermarket.com for prices of any strains you're interested in they'll beat the price and give great freebies ;)
CBD oil buying is expensive, some of it isn't as advertised and you don't know if it contains any pesticide residues etc so if it were me I'd be inclined to stick to flowers instead.
Dutch Passion do a CBD feminized mix which contains
3 x CBD Compassion
3 x CBD Charlottes Angel
3 x CBD Kush
You could try one of each and see what works best for you. Good luck!
Wow. You’re the bomb! And I’ve seen a lot of your posts on here. You’re growing and advice just seem rad. Do you have any other advice for someone just starting out?

Fox420

Apr 12, 2018

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Cbd trials do show improvement but are given high mg doses. Smoking it will not give the dosage as in clinical trials to be at all usefull for physcosis treatment. It will relax you and help with joint pain, anxiety ect. It may help a little but my suggestion would be grow it and have it processed to concentrated form.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
You can get small processing machines for 300 to 400. That press the liquids out of plant.

Sleepytree

Oct 14, 2020
Been really curious about cbd what are the effects when ingesting by smoke. And what are the effects when you mix both.. if you know

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Relaxation, natural inflammatory. Depends on strain how much cbd is produced smoking it. Concentrate comes in different mg. And costly. Thats why I'd recommend a press to make own concentrates. Thc or cbd.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Been really curious about cbd what are the effects when ingesting by smoke. And what are the effects when you mix both.. if you know
most cbd oil is hemp based o.o3%thc
Marijuana cbd oil is from high cbd strains but will also have thc in different levels.
Smoking and concentrate will just relax ya more.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
If hemp based no thc. Trace amount
If cannabis based there is thc. That can be low to high in thc.

Hannahuff

Oct 19, 2020
I would look into making your own concentrates post harvest of any high cbd strains you decide to cultivate. I advise against any run of the mill store or online purchased cbd oils except for an independently lab tested despensary product. Most generic cbd products in the store do not contain any thc and you need small trace amounts of thc to get the full benefit of high cbd doses. As stated already, smoking flower is still not going to give you the amount of cbd you would need for desired treatment...

Hannahuff

Oct 19, 2020
If a heated press is temporarily out of the equasion; Oils are simple to make. Bubble hash products are also simple and require less than $100 in supplies and can be high heat dabbed just the same...

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
I'm currently trying to switch from THC strains to High CBD strains. I feel real edgy on CBD and I am a motor mouth on CBD. People need to know CBD does effect your mental state a bit but clarity instead of being high is what you might get. But don't think CBD does not effect your frame of mind. Also I've collected a lot of CBD strains and plan on breeding CBD feminized seeds in the near future. I have almost 10 strains to work with. So PM me if you're on a similar journey and want to colaborate.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Hey, pal. Frankly speaking, I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with mental illness. You should get a second opinion regarding the diagnosis though because it's always hard to diagnose mental illness like schizophrenia. You should get checked out again and verify your mental status again. If you are going to keep the symptoms under control it might help you to deal with your view of your own problems. I honestly think that you should try to embrace it, I have read, that the using of the CBD oil helps to deal with the anxiety from https://www.healthcanal.com/best-cbd-oil/anxiety, maybe it will help you. Write me in PM, I'll try to help you.
RachelMcLendon seems like an amazing person and probably has a lot of insight. My input is I've been playing with CBD and know that all CBD strains have varied results. This is why it's best to grow your own. The whole mental effect has a lot to do with the whole spectrum of chemicals that each strain has. So by growing your own you can get the exact strain of CBD that works best for you. Most CBD strains cause nervousness and a few actually have a calming effect. I've recently grown a strain called Stephen Hawings Kush and it's a Calming CBD supposedly, I've yet to try it but by New Years I should know. I wish I had seeds to give you but I'm just getting going on breeding CBD seeds. I have great interest in Natural Medicine and wish I could help. I'm in Canada, How about you? I ask because it's legal to send weed in Canada.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
I was told cbd wont have any euphoric effect
That's a lie. It's used in some mental condition so the word euphoria is a little strong but I have used large doses before I retired to make it through the day and mosy strains of CBD will get you wired in large amounts.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
I would look into making your own concentrates post harvest of any high cbd strains you decide to cultivate. I advise against any run of the mill store or online purchased cbd oils except for an independently lab tested despensary product. Most generic cbd products in the store do not contain any thc and you need small trace amounts of thc to get the full benefit of high cbd doses. As stated already, smoking flower is still not going to give you the amount of cbd you would need for desired treatment...
This person is CORRECT! All CBD strains are different and the supporting chemicals work in unison with the CBD so the commercial CBD will not solve all problems.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020

Back