Question Changing time in flower?!?

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
I have a friend that wants to change his timing on his flower room, not changing his 12/12 but changing it to fix the loss of time due to Daylight savings. He has a perpetual grow and doesn’t want to stop. Is it possible to slowly raise it by 1 hour (keeping with the 12/12) across a 1 or 2 week time period or is he stuck? @Alphatoy @ThC and anyone with a helpful thought. Never tried it myself so I don’t know of hand.

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
Thanks man, I thought it would be fine but wanted to be sure. He’s got 8 at different weeks of flowering, that’s why I was on the fence about the time swap.

Poppa

Nov 5, 2021
I have found any interruption in 12/12 will not impact production as long as it is not on a regular basis. I have had to move plants from 12/12 for a couple days due to some construction and did not mess them up.

ThaiMike

Oct 19, 2021
Once I flip to flower for my 1st 3 week of the stretch I go 13 off and 11 on. Then in 4-6 wks in Preflower I add another hour to to 14 off and 10 on. Then the final stretch 7-9 week I add 15 off and 9 hrs on until HARVEST.

Poppa

Nov 5, 2021
just go with 12/12 set it and forget it. I am not sure you are doing anything with lights off for more than 12 hours - cept saving energy. The flowers do need good light to grow best - I would think that much darkness may get you fluffy buds

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
It's going to be Okay. He could even leave the lights off for a full day, turn them on again when it comes to his new set time and not even skip a beat.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠 as Ras Mountain has said i myself have forgotten to turnlights off or on no timer here as a matter of fact i zipped mine up last night and forgotten to turn them off so about an hour ago unzipped and walla it was on the only problem there is zipped up tent gets pretty warm inside well i turned them off will wait for about 4 hours dark and will turn them back on dont forget outside grow doesnt get much light in a thunderstorm with mother nature and weeds dont die if you dont delieve that you need to come over and look at my yard their also weed is pretty strong it has been growing by itself before MOSES. 🧙‍♂️

Poppa

Nov 5, 2021
🤠 as Ras Mountain has said i myself have forgotten to turnlights off or on no timer here as a matter of fact i zipped mine up last night and forgotten to turn them off so about an hour ago unzipped and walla it was on the only problem there is zipped up tent gets pretty warm inside well i turned them off will wait for about 4 hours dark and will turn them back on dont forget outside grow doesnt get much light in a thunderstorm with mother nature and weeds dont die if you dont delieve that you need to come over and look at my yard their also weed is pretty strong it has been growing by itself before MOSES. 🧙‍♂️
But he is only leaving lights on 9-10 hours half way through flower. What is that doing except keeping the room dark and moist

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
just go with 12/12 set it and forget it. I am not sure you are doing anything with lights off for more than 12 hours - cept saving energy. The flowers do need good light to grow best - I would think that much darkness may get you fluffy buds
🤠 with lights off that is when your roots are growing and you need your roots to keep producing feelers so they can collect the nutes to distribute to the heart of the plant otherwise you have a dead plant without good root system. 🧙‍♂️

Poppa

Nov 5, 2021
🤠 with lights off that is when your roots are growing and you need your roots to keep producing feelers so they can collect the nutes to distribute to the heart of the plant otherwise you have a dead plant without good root system. 🧙‍♂️
Roots are done developing after 3 weeks in flower - you should be filling out the pot with roots in Veg. After 3-4 weeks in flower all the plants wants to do is produce flower or seeds if you pollinate.

Back