Question Cloning

dualityshift

Dec 10, 2020
Nub Question that maybe an seasonal grower could answer. Once I clone an plant, can i flip the light 12/12 FLOWER for 2 week to tell me the gender?
After 5-7 weeks from seed, a plant will begin to show it's sex without 12/12 lighting.

As a seasonal grower, I assume you're growing outdoors. Start your plants early indoors with 12/12 lighting from seed. This will push your plants to sex as quickly as they can. They can be set to an 18/6 lighting schedule without fear of hermes once you can see the hairs or balls begin to form.

At each node, you'll see 2 hairs come up. That's your female. Clone her and rejoice.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠 its easier to dry buds than weigh them you get actual weight RIGHT i like the old fashion weight like me. 🧙‍♂️

Varinaut

Jun 14, 2020
I can get 160-182 geez off of a 5 gallon bucket in 3.25-3.5 months. That’s from when clone shows the bare minimum (swelling + bumps) to harvest. Can you get a clone in a 5 gallon bucket to output that much in that amount of time? I’m really not being cynical, I’m trying to see if that’s a possibility? @Varinaut

Sorry, been out of the country for a bit.

Yeah, I've cleared 400g dried White Widow bud from 2 x 5-gal buckets using hydro after 3.5 mo from rooted cuttings. It takes some know-how, TLC and the right strain, but doable. Soil would be tougher. Outdoors would required optimal conditions for a 5-gal container.

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
Yeah, I only veg for 3 weeks (4 to 5 if it’s a heavy indica strain) then right into flowering. I usually take 8”-10” clones for rooting to try and get them going early, and if they’re good to go I try and get them already divided into two stems (Y-ing off) when placed in the cloner, so I get a 4 stem plant before placement in flower.