Coast of maine stonnongton supersoil

Patriots781

Dec 23, 2019
Hey guys I was whondering if anyone has used coa9t of maine stonnington blend supersoil? I bought a bag at local store for $25 1.5 cubic feet and I looked at the reviews and the ingredients it has alot of good ingredients for super soil and my question is,I had read multiple reviews saying its too harsh for autos and will burn seedlings,so if I add some basic peat moss like 1 part perlite one part peat moss and 1 part soil do you think that will work ok? And is there anyway to treat tje soil before I use it for fungus knats just in case and do i need to let it sot outside for a month or is it ready to use out of the bag Stonington Blend is a rich mixture of horticultural grade sphagnum peat, coco fiber (coir) lobster compost, composted dark bark, dehydrated hen manure, perlite, worm castings and a mixture of meals (kelp, alfalfa, fish bone), mycorrhizae and dolomithic limestone to adjust pH.e

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Never used it before. It sounds like good stuff. Your idea sounds good if your concerned about burn. You could just cut it with a plain potting soil mix at different amounts, experimenting until you get it dialed in. Also, consider you'll likely find the different auto strains will respond differently to the soil fertility. Fungus gnats should not be a problem from a store bought soil if you use good cultural practices with watering and air flow.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
I like coco coir as opposed to peat. Peat, once dried, becomes hydrophobic and is damn near impossible to water thoroughly.

Also coco is renewable.

Just have to be careful about calcium lockout when using it.

Back