Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Current grow

Cannada

Thread starter #28
Its getting thick. Time to find a carbon filter, I think. Critical kush should be coming down in a couple weeks. Will replace her with Crop Kings Cali OG fem. Should have my Dr. G gear in a couple days. 7 strains on the way. Will be tough to decide what ti run next!

Last edited:

Cannada

Thread starter #30
That's a good problem to have πŸ˜„
Agreed @Sunshine. And they finally arrived!
Saw an ad on local classifieds site for a free brand spankin new CAN-150 carbon filter. I was the lucky taker. LOL, had no idea how big this thing was. I was thinking something to fit nicely in my little 4x4 tent. This thing is almost as big as a full size hot water tank (taller actually) and it weighs 150 lbs. Pretty sure my 6" inline fan is only 400ish CFM. This has a minimum aurflow requirement of 630 CFM. I guess i might need to trade down a size or 2 here.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Agreed @Sunshine. And they finally arrived!
Saw an ad on local classifieds site for a free brand spankin new CAN-150 carbon filter. I was the lucky taker. LOL, had no idea how big this thing was. I was thinking something to fit nicely in my little 4x4 tent. This thing is almost as big as a full size hot water tank (taller actually) and it weighs 150 lbs. Pretty sure my 6" inline fan is only 400ish CFM. This has a minimum aurflow requirement of 630 CFM. I guess i might need to trade down a size or 2 here.
Nice score on the carbon filter @Cannada, excellent find πŸ‘

Thread starter #32
Thanks @Sunshine. Was by the local hydro shop this morning and they said no problem using my 430 CFM fan with this CAN-150. The air would just have more contact time. Perfect. So I bought a 6" flange from them for $25 and its now all installed and cleaning my air as I type this. They had this exact filter at the hydro shop for $600 plus tax!
Can"t believe I scored it for free still in factory wrap. Funny enough the day I found it was my birthday. Happy birthday to me indeed!!

Cannada

Thread starter #38
A few random pics today. Last pic is a tribute to @Sunshine for all his contributions to the community and guidance for us new growers! Decided to name my favorite growing medium after him πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸŒΏ...... J/K, I didn't actually invent that medium LOL, it was another recent classifieds acquisition I couldn't pass on. Had my eye out for premium dirt for awhile before I stumbled on this deal. Got 5 large bales (107L each) for 60% off local retail price! Have a feeling good dirt will be hard to come by as winter sets in here in Canada. This should do me for the foreseeable future. (Hmmm, now I'm wondering does dirt have an expiry date.....LOL, wouldn't surprise me!!) I will be mixing this with my Pro mix HP mycorrhizae, some extra perlite and organic chicken manure based compost from a local organics place. (Next grow will be first time using the sunshine mix but all of the other stuff (plus some basic super soil) is the medium my current girls are growing in.

20181111_141437.jpg

20181111_141407.jpg 20181111_140846.jpg 20181111_172512.jpg