Deficiency

Proudprod

Jan 9, 2018
Hi thanks sunshine I have made a couple of media pix under my name, I used terra seedling soil and started feeding after about 3wks from above ground as soil was rich already, I flushed it thru b4 adding canna a&b for nutrients, I also use rhizotonic, I was using a 200cfl but changed to 600 dual sunmaster about a week ago, I've been informed to change my light back for a week or 2 as to let the plant recover but I don't know if for sure that is the problem so have changed for now as don't want to keep stressing my babies my light cycle is 18/6 still in vegatation just now.. Quick update I've now changed over to my original 200wt cfl cool bulb as 600 dual sunmaster possible problem

Attachments

• DSC_0887.JPG
    DSC_0887.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0888.JPG
    DSC_0888.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 340
  • DSC_0889.JPG
    DSC_0889.JPG
    1,007.9 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC_0894.JPG
    DSC_0894.JPG
    896.6 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC_0898.JPG
    DSC_0898.JPG
    727 KB · Views: 317
  • DSC_0899.JPG
    DSC_0899.JPG
    677.8 KB · Views: 366
  • DSC_0900.JPG
    DSC_0900.JPG
    803.8 KB · Views: 316

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Welcome to FC Proudprod, the two main issues that jump out at me are overfeeding and the soil mix, cold night temps could also be factor?
If you want a hassle free growing experience without the headaches of measuring liquids etc read the organic section of the GROWFAQ ;)
Young plants in soil can go for 4 weeks + without feed depending on size, even then they don't need much.
Rhizotonic can also throw out your ph quite easily in soil.
To rectify the problem repot into a soil mix of potting compost 50-60%/perlite 30-40%/vermiculite 10-20%.
The soil mix needs to be light and airy to allow the roots to really breath and grow to their full potential as unlike the hydro theres no air pump introducing oxygen, the perlite creates the air pockets that lighten your mix and allow your roots to really breathe and power fast growth.
Once you've repotted into a good mix don't add any ferts for 2 - 3 weeks until she is looking perky, then start at 1/4 of whatever the manufacturer recommends.
Ideally do a super soil with some fish blood and bone so you don't have to worry about fertilising and measuring liquids.
If you can get some mycorrhizae (they sell it in most garden centres) add this to the planting hole before you repot your plant/s, it will supercharge your grow and make it more tolerant to any issues.
Another observation is that you're running 18/6, try switching to 20 on 4 off for a few weeks while you're getting her back on track and make sure the off hours are during the day to prevent any major temperature drops.
The things to troubleshoot are:
High ppm's
Soil mix
Cold night temps?
You did the right thing moving it back under the 200w, if you take swift action she will bounce back in no time at all!
Good luck with your grow my friend, any questions just shout :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Sowing in Terra Seed Mix
Sow the seeds 2-3 mm deep (max. 5 mm) in the CANNA Terra Seed Mix in a container that has a maximum diameter of 5 cm. Spray the growing medium regularly. Seedlings first use the energy reserves that are available in the seed.
It sounds like this mix is very much specifically for starting seeds ie for the first 10-14 days and not really suitable for vegging in due to this:
  • The homogeneous, stable structure of Terra Seed Mix is great for retaining water, which gives the seeds the best chance of germinating correctly
It's this water retention property that is preventing the roots from breathing properly as the mix is retaining too much liquid and not enough air for vegging plants.

Proudprod

Jan 9, 2018
Welcome to FC Proudprod, the two main issues that jump out at me are overfeeding and the soil mix, cold night temps could also be factor?
If you want a hassle free growing experience without the headaches of measuring liquids etc read the organic section of the GROWFAQ ;)
Young plants in soil can go for 4 weeks + without feed depending on size, even then they don't need much.
To rectify the problem repot into a soil mix of potting compost 50-60%/perlite 30-40%/vermiculite 10-20%.
The soil mix needs to be light and airy to allow the roots to really breath and grow to their full potential as unlike the hydro theres no air pump introducing oxygen, the perlite creates the air pockets that lighten your mix and allow your roots to really breathe and power fast growth.
Once you've repotted into a good mix don't add any ferts for 2 - 3 weeks until she is looking perky, then start at 1/4 of whatever the manufacturer recommends.
Ideally do a super soil with some fish blood and bone so you don't have to worry about fertilising and measuring liquids.
If you can get some mycorrhizae (they sell it in most garden centres) add this to the planting hole before you repot your plant/s, it will supercharge your grow and make it more tolerant to any issues.
Another observation is that you're running 18/6, try switching to 20 on 4 off for a few weeks while you're getting her back on track and make sure the off hours are during the day to prevent any major temperature drops.
High ppm's
Soil mix
Cold night temps?
You did the right thing moving it back under the 200w, if you take swift action she will bounce back in no time at all!
Thank you very much

Proudprod

Jan 9, 2018
Thanks my friend I ran extra perlite thru the soil b4 planting into 12ltr
High ppm's
Soil mix
Cold night temps?

Proudprod

Jan 9, 2018
Thank u my friend I ran extra 25% perlite thru my mix when planting due to the retention issue so I don't think that's my problem I have a healthy run off after maybe 5/10 seconds after start of pour depending if soil completely dry or not, I'm in a 12ltr root nurse smart pot.. Do u think the issue could have been the 600 light being to early introduced to my girls I'm hoping my cfl gets them smiling at me again over the next couple days will Defo keep yall upto date with progression many thanks to yall fellow farmers

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
No trouble at all :) You need more perlite, a fair bit more, aim for the soil to look like this
hands-in-marijuana-super-soil.jpg

Last edited:

Proudprod

Jan 9, 2018
No trouble at al :) You need more perlite, a fair bit more, aim for the soil to look like this
hands-in-marijuana-super-soil.jpg
I will be getting myself another bag of perlite tomorrow first thing and getting these girls sorted they ain't happy so I ain't either and we both wanna smile in a few months lol thank you I will keep this updated as I go thru fixing this issue

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Thank u my friend I ran extra 25% perlite thru my mix when planting due to the retention issue so I don't think that's my problem I have a healthy run off after maybe 5/10 seconds after start of pour depending if soil completely dry or not, I'm in a 12ltr root nurse smart pot.. Do u think the issue could have been the 600 light being to early introduced to my girls I'm hoping my cfl gets them smiling at me again over the next couple days will Defo keep yall upto date with progression many thanks to yall fellow farmers
I've grown from seed under 600s so it won't be the cause of your issue but it won't help if you already have an issue.
Improve your mix then you can eliminate that, then it can only either be ppm's ie too strong ferts OR ph related.
With soil growing the ph range is different to hydro see this chart
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

If you're outside of that range some of nutrients are going to locked out causing deficiencies.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
My best advice would be to read up on super soil and mycos, if there's an easier way to grow in dirt I haven't found it ;)
Keep us posted, I'm sure you'll get it in check in no time :)

Back