Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question
StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

DIY Drying Box

Seed2Need

Hello Everyone. I built these boxes as a cheap system to dry my crops. For this project i used lowes boxes, fans, a power supply, a toggle switch, a hydrometer, twine and tape.
IMG_6167.jpg

Start with these lowes boxes. Get two and overlap them together to build one tall box.
IMG_6182.jpg

Next poke holes in two sides of the box to run the twine through. I did two levels so i could support longer stems.
IMG_6183.jpg

Next get a fan, and cut out a hole in the box so we can get some air flow.
IMG_6181.jpg

Here i made little flaps to try and shield the light that may come through the fan hole.
IMG_6177.jpg

Next i mount the fan inside the box and run two wires from it.
IMG_6185.jpg

Next i cut out a hole for the switch to mount in and then cut hole for the hydrometer to fit into.
1588955527505.jpeg

IMG_6187.jpg

Now hook the power ( red ) wire to the toggle switch, and then from the other side of the toggel switch run that to your power supply. Run the ground directly from the fan to the power supply.
IMG_6199.jpg

Next get some cannabis and trim it up
IMG_6205.JPG

When the humidity gets high or the temp, turn on the switch for a few minutes to exchange the air! When you are done, disconnect the power from power supply and fold box and store it for next use.

Attachments

Sativa Kid

Hello Everyone. I built these boxes as a cheap system to dry my crops. For this project i used lowes boxes, fans, a power supply, a toggle switch, a hydrometer, twine and tape.
View attachment 11635
Start with these lowes boxes. Get two and overlap them together to build one tall box.
View attachment 11637
Next poke holes in two sides of the box to run the twine through. I did two levels so i could support longer stems.
View attachment 11636
Next get a fan, and cut out a hole in the box so we can get some air flow.
View attachment 11638
Here i made little flaps to try and shield the light that may come through the fan hole.
View attachment 11639
Next i mount the fan inside the box and run two wires from it.
View attachment 11640
Next i cut out a hole for the switch to mount in and then cut hole for the hydrometer to fit into.
View attachment 11641

View attachment 11642

Now hook the power ( red ) wire to the toggle switch, and then from the other side of the toggel switch run that to your power supply. Run the ground directly from the fan to the power supply.
View attachment 11644
Next get some cannabis and trim it up
View attachment 11643

When the humidity gets high or the temp, turn on the switch for a few minutes to exchange the air! When you are done, disconnect the power from power supply and fold box and store it for next use.
Nice job and probably helpful to many. I made a similar permanent dry/breeding box. It matches my Garage cabinets That are all over my garage and I made them too. My dry box is airtight so I can vent it when I want. And it doubles as my sex box for breeding project as it's on the other side of my house from my flower shed. Here are a couple of pictures from the inside. Left.jpg Right.jpg

Top Bottom