Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question

Do u start your day flower count when the pistils show or when you flip to 12/12?

StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

Ras Mountain

When I flip to 12/12, there's normally a period of about one week where the plants continue vegetative growth while the auxins responsible for triggering floral growth build up in the plant tissue. But I never count the days to harvest - only a rough estimate. I always rely on the senses of sight, smell, and tactile to determine a bud's maturity or ripeness.

One trick I've learned to practice in order to identify the gender of a set of plants without overly stressing them is to leave them in the dark for two days, or give them 12/12 for 2-3 days and then revert back to 24 hr. or 18/6 hr. light. This way the vegetative growth is continuing while pistils or stamen will become visible at the branch nodes.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠on harvest I watch my trycones from clear to milky than I wait until they turn golden this usually happens about a week after the pistils turn orange don't get into a hurry it is better to be late to harvest than early harvest never gives you a great flavor and buzz and always let it cure for a while don't be in a hurry and let it dry for at least 5 days to soon and you could get fungus or mold hope this helps a bit :mask:

willy

🤠on harvest I watch my trycones from clear to milky than I wait until they turn golden this usually happens about a week after the pistils turn orange don't get into a hurry it is better to be late to harvest than early harvest never gives you a great flavor and buzz and always let it cure for a while don't be in a hurry and let it dry for at least 5 days to soon and you could get fungus or mold hope this helps a bit :mask:
Thank you for the reply!

StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains
Top Bottom