Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Does anyone else make edible/tinctures/infusions/distillates?

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Thread starter #1
Theres a ton of things I could've put here in the past but I never thought to make a thread until now.

I decarboxylated stems, shake, small buds, and kief from about ten different strains, mixed with soy lecithin this weekend and then fused it to unrefined virgin coconut oil.

20180331_163134.jpg 20180331_180328.jpg 20180331_180515.jpg 20180331_192348.jpg 20180331_230417.jpg

Once it's finished a bit can be dropped into hot tea or coffee, mixed with yogurt or ice cream, or simply eaten like a lozenge. It can also replace butter or oil in a baked or sweets recipe since the medicine is bound to the oil and you don't have fear burning off thc.

Its a multiple step process but I've done it so many times i hardly have to look at the recipe anymore. This is the one I've followed for years, though i usually up the amount of thc bearing material to coconut oil.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3BYaacdRtn2tESUiocg9Wd

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Great thread! My next edible project is making dark chocolate which looks easier than expected, problem is every time I order a kilo of raw organic cacao powder to make it with I end up drinking the whole lot in cups of coco (I'm in love with the coco) :)
I'll definitely make some chocolates when my next order of cacao arrives as I've got the rest of the ingredients at the ready!
You're coconut budder looks tasty, I'd love some of that in my hot chocolate right now :yum

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Coco arrived yesterday (raw organic cacao), I've just got to get some other bits to add to the chocolate (like coconut) and a cheap silicone mould then I'm ready to make some dark chocolate :yum
DSC_0802.JPG

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
I'll make budder with the 2 fats,organic coconut oil and the organic coco butter, and when done pass it through a muslin cloth to remove the particulate :)
The plant matter I'm using is ancient lower buds and sugar leaf stripped, dried to breaking and coffee ground to a fine powder, it's very potent but doesn't taste great smoked - perfect for edibles.