Jcloud's soil auto indoor grow # 1 - 2018

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Why can't you use a carbon scrubber? They're not very expensive and they are extremely effective.
There are a few types of inline fan, mixed flow are less noisy than normal extractors like the rvk's, cheap bathroom/kitchen extractors are the worst and very very noisy.
I've used both inline and mixed flow and switched to mixed flow which only have 20dba noise level on low! The speed controllers do dampen the noise but don't eliminate it and it is certainly still noticeable.
For absolute stealth I'd think along the lines of a craigslist cabinet with a fish tank on the top so you have some noise cover.
I'm still not clear why you need the vent to the exhaust hole, if your temps are high inside then you'd want to bring in the fresh air from the window rather than push it out.

Last edited:

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Why can't you use a carbon scrubber? They're not very expensive and they are extremely effective.
There are a few types of inline fan, mixed flow are less noisy than normal extractors like the rvk's, cheap bathroom/kitchen extractors are the worst and very very noisy.
I've used both inline and mixed flow and switched to mixed flow which only have 20dba noise level on low! The speed controllers do dampen the noise but don't eliminate it and it is certainly still noticeable.
For absolute stealth I'd think along the lines of a craigslist cabinet with a fish tank on the top so you have some noise cover.
I'm still not clear why you need the vent to the exhaust hole, if your temps are high inside then you'd want to bring in the fresh air from the window rather than push it out.
Yeah im use a carbon filter, but where do I exhaust. Oh o.k. I need fresh air in? An don't need to exhaust?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
It is okay to have just the tent sitting there with the intake air coming from the room and then the scrubbed air out going back into that room as long as there is some ventilation.
See this pic (not mine) - this is an example of a carbon filter setup pushing out through the filter. The air is going down in the pic below, sucking air out of the tent via the tube then forcing it through the carbon so the air being exhausted is odor free.
picture.php

The other way to do it which is a bit tidier is to hang it inside and suck air out through the filter, see the pic below (again not my pic)
-with inline fan inside tent
hanging-alt-web.jpg

-with inline fan outside tent
ducting-out_web.jpg

It works fine either way, but having everything inside the tent is cleaner looking and also depends if you have the space. Having the scrubber and fan outside the tent is easier and doesn't require any hanging.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Can you take the smell the carbon filter makes. It makes me think im going to die or something. Smells so terrible that's my only issue with that. Im considering buying the smallest carbon filter I can find like a mini carbon filter? Maybe won't smell as bad? What you think? Is thatwhat you do in your grow room?

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I've never come across a carbon filter I could smell or would describe as smelly.
The activated carbon eliminates odour so the carbon filter really shouldn't smell of anything.
Activated Carbon is a natural, environmentally safe charcoal treated with steam at an extremely high temperature in an advanced controlled process that results in producing an activated charcoal material that is literally filled with millions of micro-pockets – microscopic holes and pores inside and on the surface that make activated carbon one of the most porous materials known. Just one gram of activated carbon has the surface area of about 500 square meters, the size of two tennis courts. The amazing property of activated carbon is its ability to absorb enormous amounts of gas particles (odors) relative to its size resulting in clean fresh air .
With your setup something like this would work well

You can go smaller but it might struggle when the plants are in full bloom and the temps are on the warm side

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
I've never come across a carbon filter I could smell or would describe as smelly.
The activated carbon eliminates odour so the carbon filter really shouldn't smell of anything.

With your setup something like this would work well

You can go smaller but it might struggle when the plants are in full bloom and the temps are on the warm side
It would get a cleaner carbony smell. It cleans the odor but the smells not a good smell. I wish I could show you. The pic you sent before this one. of the filter set up I did that an it smelt strong not of cannabis but the scrubber. It was hard to bear you can't smell anything? Are you exhausting in the same room?

Thanks for the advice yeah I'm going to buy a smaller one until I can afford something bigger

Here's my current setup inside view. I can only fit a mini carbon filter in my tent.

20181022_194734.jpg20181022_194826.jpg20181022_194752.jpg20181022_194757.jpg20181022_195141.jpg

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The pic you sent before this one. of the filter set up I did that an it smelt strong not of cannabis but the scrubber. It was hard to bear you can't smell anything? Are you exhausting in the same room?
Yes, I've done in the same room many times and never noticed any smell, I can honestly say I've never heard anyone else say this about the smell either. I think maybe you have a very sensitive nose which isn't a bad thing.
You don't have to mount your fan and filter at the same height as the lights, you could have the fan and can at the very top and the light hanging below this and still have enough head room for dwarves/autos.
The cans I linked to from amazon are the same price for the larger one (1st amazon link) and the smaller one (2nd link), I'd get the larger option for peace of mind.
Is this your grow tent
http://www.coolgrows.com/category/grow-tents/
If so you have plenty of height to play with for autos ??

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Yes, I've done in the same room many times and never noticed any smell, I can honestly say I've never heard anyone else say this about the smell either. I think maybe you have a very sensitive nose which isn't a bad thing.
You don't have to mount your fan and filter at the same height as the lights, you could have the fan and can at the very top and the light hanging below this and still have enough head room for dwarves/autos.
The cans I linked to from amazon are the same price for the larger one (1st amazon link) and the smaller one (2nd link), I'd get the larger option for peace of mind.
Is this your grow tent
O.k. great idea I got my light hanging from zip ties. That's why it's so high at the moment. I haven't bought any light hangers yet well my old ones sucked and the hooks were too small to fit around tent pole. Peace of mind does sound good not sure if it would fit though. The smaller version. My tent is a 24 x 24 x 36 version smaller than the kindyou mentioned.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Is this your grow tent
O.k. great idea I got my light hanging from zip ties. That's why it's so high at the moment. I haven't bought any light hangers yet well my old ones sucked and the hooks were too small to fit around tent pole. Peace of mind does sound good not sure if it would fit though. The smaller version. My tent is a 24 x 24 x 36 version smaller than the kindyou mentioned.
The slightly larger can (below) is 13inches long so it should work perfectly in your cab :)
I wish I could afford that baby. When I get this good job. Next month hopefully everything works out for me. An I'll buy that filter. An use led light bulbs do led light bulbs burn plants?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
For the first month you can get away with a decent air freshener and some ventilation if needs be.
do led light bulbs burn plants
No not unless the plants are virtually touching them (with plastic dome removed).
If the light hangers you have won't fit around the tent tubes, use zip ties to create a loop and hang from those ;)

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
For the first month you can get away with a decent air freshener and some ventilation if needs be.
No not unless the plants are virtually touching them (with plastic dome removed).
If the light hangers you have won't fit around the tent tubes, use zip ties to create a loop and hang from those ;)
I'm going to try what you said about exhausting in my room first. Im run the ducting under my bed. Out the box to direct air under the bed. An see how that works out. If it becomes a problem I'll try doing something else. I bought the mini carbon filter from ebay. Because it was in my budget. An I was actually going to buy the filter you mentioned unfortunately it wasn't going to be enough space for my grow tent with the inline fan an ducting able to fit through hole. An I just bought everything I need for my grow all the material!!! ? This is the breath mask I got to stop the carbon smell from getting in my lungs. I'll show you when I get it

Last edited:

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
@Sunshine awesome thanks for helping me out alot with a lot of advice. It means a lot to me buddy your a cool guy man

I edited my very first post with more information to better organised this thread. Incase there's anything you may be curious about. I think I covered pretty much everything.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
heres a long list of all my strains I got to choose from. wonder what I should chuck?

Strain Description: Flash Seeds Sour Diesel Haze

Genetics Lowryder # 2 x Haze x Sour Diesel
Type Mostly Sativa
Flowering Time 65 Days
Yield 25-45 gr/pp
Height 50-80cm
Effect Euphoric, Clear
grows Indoors/Outdoors

Introduced into the market autoflowering the new generation of "true sativa plant" in which you want Flash enfocalizar seeds for the future. We think the Flash seeds autoflowering interest of your time is very short ... so why do you indicate autoflowering like other banks if we can actually do sativas autoflowering ...? Here's the interest, because we all know that it is almost impossible in Europe to grow sativa by the time it takes to be ready and the only way to cultivate is so autoflowering. Plant with strong fruitiness with hints diesel. So here introdusca semillasno in their catalog of new genetics alone, but also a Quality breeder in Holland which is a collaboration Stitch privigielada work and friendship ... This breeder is one of the most recognized in the world of cannabis forums, the public know him for his work and his success as tube only from those growers in love with autoflowering truth. This breeder is "good herb" O "LBH".

Strain Description: Flash Seeds Russian Fuel

Type 65% Sativa / 20% Indica / 15% Lowryder
Flowering Time 60-70 Days
THC Content 18%
CBD Content 1.0%
Yield 25-60gr/plant
Height 40-80cm
Smell Fuel, Peach, Strawberry
Effect Creative, Relaxing
grows Indoors/Outdoors

One of Flash Seeds famous varieties RRF was improved with even better power, a production of very large buds, smell of fuel with strawberry and peach, highly branched plants. Very high resin production throughout the plant, very strong odors. Easy to grow.
Effect: relaxing body sensation, good mental energy, creativity.

Strain Description: Flash Seeds Star Dust

Type 55% Sativa / 30% Indica / 15% Lowryder
Flowering Time 55-65 Days
THC Content 17%
CBD Content 0.8%
Yield 25-45 gr/plant
Height 40-60cm
Smell Skunk And Berry
Effect Relaxing, Positive, Talkative
grows Indoors/Outdoors

Flash Seeds one of the favorite white variety. The plants are fully covered in white resin like a magical stardust producing most amazing skunk and berries smell.
Effect: relaxing body sensation, uplifting, creative, perfect for relaxing and socializing.

Strain Description: Freedom of Seeds Guerilla Ryder Auto

Genetics Early Widow x Lowryder #2
Type Indica / Sativa
Flowering Time 9-10 Weeks
Yield 40-55 gr/pp
Height 60-65cm
Taste Sweet, Musky, Skunky
Effect Couchlock
grows Indoors/Outdoors

Guerrilla Ryder is the ultimate outdoor performer of the auto-flowering stains. Early Widow x Lowryder 2. She delivers a big yield in 9-10 weeks with great mold resistance. Her sweet musky and skunky taste will seduce all Guerrilla gardeners everywhere. And she performs much better indoors with tighter sticky and stinky buds giving a couchlocking Indica High. Yield under HPS & CFL lighting is really good.
Takes 9-10 weeks from sprouting the seeds till finish in a 12/12 light cycle indoors, this way will result in denser and tighter buds. Outdoors it finishes in 10 weeks.

Strain Description: Freedom of Seeds Little Stilton Auto

Genetics Cheesedom x Lowryder #2
Type Indica / Sativa
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Yield 25-30 gr/pp
Height 38-50cm
Taste Indica, Sweet, Skunky
grows Indoors/Outdoors

Freedom of seeds Easy Cheese is another very tasty addition to the wonderful English family of the Great CHEESE strain. Freedom of seeds – cheesedom Mama got together with a lowryder 2 Papa and cooked up some good delicious cheesy dish with a nice indica sweet skunky taste. Indica / sativa Cheesedom x Lowryder #2 union. High yields expected with HPS / CFL lighting. Takes 8-9 weeks from sprouting the seeds till finish in a 20/04 light cycle indoors, 15″ 20″ tall. yield 25-30 grams per plant indoors, outdoors 20-25 grams per plant.

Strain Description: Freedom Of Seeds A Little Kushy Auto

Genetics Afghan Kush x Lowryder #2
Type Indica
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Yield 20-25 gr/pp
Height 35-50cm
Taste Hashy
grows Indoors/Outdoors

Freedom of seeds A Little Kushy will deliver a great strong hashy taste that the Afghan Kush is so well known for. She is an indica Afghan Kush x Lowryder #2 union. Not a bad yield under HPS /CFL lighting 20/25 grams per plant Takes 8-9 weeks from seed sprout to finish in a 20/04 light cycle indoors, 9/10 weeks outdoors. Hight 14″/ 20″

Strain Description: Freedom Of Seeds Crystal Dwarf Auto

Genetics White Widow x Lowryder #2
Type Indica / Sativa
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Height 38-50cm
grows Indoors/Outdoors

Freedom of seeds Crystal Dwarf is a nice and fast auto-flowering White widow – Lowryder #2 Strain. A very sticky little lady that will impress even experienced herbalist. Yield under HPS & CFL lighting is really good. Takes 8-9 weeks from sprouting the seeds till finish in a 20/04 light cycle indoors, Outdoors it finishes in 9 weeks. Hight 15″ 20″ tall. yield 25-30 grams per plant indoors, outdoors 20-25 grams per plant.

Strain Description: Sensi Ruderalis Indica Autoflowering

Type 90% Indica / 10% Sativa
Flowering Time 40-50 Days
Yield Medium
Grows Indoors/Outdoors

Ruderalis Indica captures the unique flowering properties of the Cannabis Ruderalis land-race, which grows wild across Eastern Europe. Through breeding with psychoactive Indicas from the south, Sensi has added potency and the result is this hardy, extra-early hybrid that can succeed in almost any environment. Requiring little equipment other than pots, soil and plant food, Ruderalis Indica can reward even first-time growers.

C.Ruderalis is noted for the unusual traits which allow it to reproduce in the short summers and very harsh winters of its native lands. Wild Ruderalis seeds can be shed from a female and lie dormant in the soil, surviving freezing temperatures for several seasons before germinating normally. Land-race plants can complete their life cycle with remarkable speed, developing from seedlings into seed-bearing adults in just 10-12 weeks.

Most interestingly, Ruderalis Indica is a semi auto-flowering strain, meaning that around 50% of the plants bloom according to their age, rather than being triggered to flower by a changing light-cycle, usually beginning after the 5th to 7th set of true leaves.

Ruderalis Indica is lower in THC than most hybrids, with a comparatively high proportion of CBD. This means she is an ideal strain for medicinal cannabis users who benefit from the many subtle effects of cannabinoids and prefer not to be overwhelmed by the unsubtle effects of being stoned.

Strain Description: Sensi Ruderalis Skunk Autoflowering

Type 70% Indica / 30% Sativa
Flowering Time 45-65 Days
Yield Large
Grows Indoors/Outdoors

Ruderalis Skunk is the most powerful descendent of Cannabis Ruderalis. By bringing the auto-flowering advantage to Skunk #1’s dependable potency and yield, we have created a tough, rewarding outdoor hybrid for growers with short and unpredictable summers. C.Ruderalis grows wild across north-eastern Europe and is able to survive the harsh and varied climate through adaptations such as its auto-flowering capability. Wild Ruderalis plants flower according to age rather than a declining photoperiod, which allows them to take advantage of the warmest, brightest part of their brief growing season.

Ruderalis Indica was bred to be a psychoactive hybrid with features inherited mainly from C.Ruderalis – broad, tough, bushy plants with the full auto-flowering ability – and a much higher THC content than the wild strain. The Ruderalis Skunk breeding program achieved almost the reverse – a Skunk hybrid that retains the potency, yield and vigour of its exceptional family line, inheriting only the unique flowering trait of the land-race.

Around 50% of Ruderalis Skunk plants will auto-flower. As with Ruderalis Indica, blooming starts at the 5th to 7th set of branches &ndash typically within 5-10 weeks of germination, depending on how quickly plants are able to vegetate in a given climate. The other 50% of plants grown from seed will react to photoperiod, and will be triggered to flower around the same time as strains such as Early Girl and Early Skunk. This makes it possible for garden growers to have a double harvest each season with Ruderalis Skunk, and also means that photo-reactive plants will generally finish larger and yield more.

Ruderalis Skunk conforms to a Skunk growth pattern, gaining slightly more height in blooming than an Indica, without the enormous potential stretch of a Sativa. Auto-flowering individuals will rarely exceed 2m at full size. Flower formation is strong and fast, with thick tops clustering at every internode and extending along stem and branches. Resin production is clearly taken from the Skunk side of the family, covering buds and the single-bladed leaflets which grow from them.

Strain Description: Short Stuff Dr Feelgood Autoflowering

Genetics Afghan Kush x Auto
Type Indica
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Yield 30-50 gr/pp
Height 25-38cm
Effect Couch Lock, Narcotic
Grows Indoors/Outdoors
Medicinal Properties Pain relief

Many of our customers have commented on the excellent medical properties of Blue himalaya and Himalaya blue diesel so we thought we would try and produce a new strain that offered even better medicinal benefits.

Like all auto flowering strains, Dr. Feelgood goes directly from seed to flowering stage regardless of the hours of light it receives and will be finished in around 10 weeks from seed.

Dr.Feelgood is a pure medical strain that is a true autoflowering indica. It was created by crossing our auto line with an old skool afghan kush which was renowned for its fat buds, smooth smoke and high levels of CBD. These qualities have been carried through to Dr.Feelgood meaning the effect is narcotic and relaxing with amazing pain killing potential making it the best medical marijuana auto strain out there.

Dr Feelgood is one of our range of ‘dwarf autos’ for people looking for a stealthy plant that stays short and stocky but still produces excellent yields of top quality medical marijuana. Sharkbite will rarely exceed 15 inches and will go from seed to bud in around 65 days.

Strain Description: Short Stuff Automatic Blue Himalaya

Genetics Nepalese Kush x Auto x Blueberry
Type Indica
Flowering Time 8-10 Weeks
Yield 30-50 gr/pp
Height 25-38cm
Smell Blueberry
Effect Heavy Indica Hit
Grows Indoors/Outdoors

Shortstuff seeds Blue Himalaya is an indica dominant auto which is the result of crossing the fattest, most resinous Nepalese kush plant we could find with our auto line and then introducing a complex blueberry hybrid.

The result is a highly resinous strain which stays very short and gives off a wonderful blueberry aroma. The plant has very chunky, compact buds and has wonderful medicinal qualities borne out of its indica heritage. This strain finishes very quickly and is sure to please.

Blue Himalaya is one of our range of ‘dwarf autos’ for people looking for a stealthy plant that stays short and stocky but still produces excellent yields of top quality medical marijuana. Blue Himalaya will rarely exceed 15 inches and will go from seed to bud in around 65 days. Blue Himalaya will begin to auto-flower after around 18-21 days and then exhibits explosive bud growth with limited stretching and often ends up producing one massive main cola which can weigh as much as an ounce on its own!

Strain Description: Short Stuff Automatic Snowryder

Genetics Shortstuff # 1 x Snow White
Type Indica
Flowering Time 8-10 Weeks
Yield 14-36 gr/pp
Effect Head High, All Over Body Stone, No Couchlock
Grows Indoors/Outdoors

Snowryder was our first successfully stabilized auto flowering cross of shortstuff#1 and is still one of our must popular strains to this day. Snowryder is a 100% auto flowering strain and is a hybrid of Shortstuff #1 and Snow White. This strain carries a powerful punch and is without a doubt one of the strongest Auto Flowering strains to date. Snowryder exhibits heavy Crystaling and trichomes even appear on the males ! The taste and smell of this strain is very similar to Snow white / White widow so is sure to satisfy fans of classic ‘white strains’.

Snowryder contains a decent amount of sativa genetics from its snow white mother so therefore offers a much more cerebral high than many autoflowering strains. The effect is instant with a potent ‘head high’ leading to a very pleasant all over body stone without the ‘couchlock’ effect.

Snowryder is one of our dwarf or stealth autoflowering strains for growers with limited space or the need to keep short stealthy plants away from prying eyes. Auto-flowering will begin after 18-22 days and plants will be finished in around 65 days after having packed on an average of 1 ounce of the best quality bud. The finished plant often has one main cola which can be around 10 inches in length and will be absolutely covered in THC crystals!

Strain Description: Short Stuff Automatic #1

Genetics Williams Wonder Auto x Northern Lights #2 x Mexican Ruderalis
Type Indica / Sativa
Flowering Time 8-9 Weeks
Yield 30-50 gr/pp
Height 25-38cm
Smell Earthy
Effect Strong Hit, Body Stone, Pleasing Head High
Grows Indoors/Outdoors

A new auto-flowering strain developed by our growers in the Netherlands and at around half the price of original lowryder it offers great value
Passing directly from the seedling to the flowering stage, Short Stuff #1 altogether does away with the vegetative growth stage, in a process called autoflowering. In other words, when planted, it sprouts, grows a couple sets of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering (males at about day 17, females at day 20). As a result, it is the quickest, most compact, and most discrete plant available.

This is not a huge commercial strain but a great alternative to traditional strains with many new advantages

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
heres a long list of all my strains I got to choose from. wonder what I should chuck?
Little Stilton Auto ? or Crystal Dwarf ❄ would be my choices, you can't go wrong with cheese or widow ?

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Little Stilton Auto ? or Crystal Dwarf ❄ would be my choices, you can't go wrong with cheese or widow ?
Nice picks! Little Stilton x Crystal dwarf sounds like a good cross if I can get a male an female. I wish I could get three females and one male. Otherwise, I'll have to mix pollen from three males. When I save some, creating a cross with up to 3 three different fathers max. From what I've researched. They said a female can have 3 fathers. They are both from same breeder. The little stilton is a new strain they made sounds awesome. Flash and short stuff is the same breeder also. Short stuff bought mostly all flash seed stock. Just different people o.k. I'll plant the crystal dwarf, Russian fuel, short stuff automatic #1, and little stilton. It's just hard to make my mind up. But that's the new plan

Last edited:

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
I just received my carbon filter today! I got to wait for my table I got to put my tent on. To get my grow tent off the rug floor. So bugs won't easily get in my tent. Comes in Friday its been shipped. I ordered the rest of the ventilation exhaust material. I was going to exhaust in my room. When I keep my door closed. It gets too hot inside of my room. I can't keep stable temps, so Im going to exhaust the odor and heat outside my window. If this doesn't work for me. I'll switch my exhaust to intake. Pic 1 is my carbon filter. Pic 2 is the wood cut with hole, I made for the window ventilation setup. Pic 3 in front side view with a black trash bag to deflect rain from rotting the wood. Pic 4 is back side how it will look outside from my window. Although I put duct tape to hold the trash bag flap. Pretty soon I will be growing!!

20181031_102112.jpg20181031_112837.jpg20181031_113513.jpg20181031_113539.jpg

Last edited:

Back