Every time I look I feel like she hasn't grown.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
But then I look closer... :cool:
She sure is beefing up and bushing out! The white dots are from the bone meal in the foliar spray. I've been wiping it off of her here and there.
There are actually MANY potential bud sites popping up I didn't have time to picture here as well.
Here's a couple upskirts since I never do those

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Loving the pics @FerretWrangler she has most definitely grown :heart_eyes:
If they sell maxicrop seaweed liquid where you are (the brown bottle) it's an excellent foliar feed and a great tonic to have to hand ;)
The bone meal takes time to break down so is fairly insoluble and is best applied as a top dress around the time you flip as it take several weeks to start breaking down.
Loving the pic's, literally every time you post I can see a noticable change in her which is awesome :)
For your first grow I think you're doing really well, you're clearly green fingered and with a bit of fine tuning you'll be hitting 1gpw+ in no time :cool:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
@Sunshine flattery will get you everywhere! :D thanks for the kind words, I look forward to updating you every few days. I kinda thought the bone meal wasn't going to work well as a foliar but I figured I'd learn through trial and error. I was actually just at my grow store and didn't see maxicrop seaweed liquid but I will ask for it next time ;) I'm glad I'm doing well, it makes me happier than just about anything I do, apart from brewing maybe. I actually wrapped my fermenting muscadine wine in dark shrouds so the light won't bug them, and set them under the scrog because the water airlock spits out co2 waste from the microbials every few seconds. I'm hoping to create a new symbiotic relationship over the next two weeks :sun:

Last edited:
Reactions: ThC

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Hey @FerretWrangler no that won't cause any problems at all, I've done it with homebrew beer before and with the old yeast water sugar combo and it's never caused any issues and a little co2 boost can't be a bad thing :)
Do you make the wine from the grape or from a kit? Sounds interesting :cool:
I've been meaning to try to make elderflower champagne the last couple of years but still haven't got round to it.

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Hey @FerretWrangler no that won't cause any problems at all, I've done it with homebrew beer before and with the old yeast water sugar combo and it's never caused any issues and a little co2 boost can't be a bad thing :)
Do you make the wine from the grape or from a kit? Sounds interesting :cool:
I've been meaning to try to make elderflower champagne the last couple of years but still haven't got round to it.
I picked a bunch of wild muscadine grapes that grow around my house and my landlords parents house, and used organic concord grape juice with no preservatives and a bunch of wildflower honey to make a liquid musk, pre-fermented it, and stored it with a bubbler. So basically its a fancier take on cheap jug wine. Elder flower champagne sounds delicious and difficult, i understand how you haven't gotten around to it. :blush:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Wow, I really hope it turns out :)
How long will it take to ferment out and be ready to drink? Perhaps you could celebrate your first harvest with it :D

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Wow, I really hope it turns out :)
How long will it take to ferment out and be ready to drink? Perhaps you could celebrate your first harvest with it :D
That's actually our plan, it will be technically ready in 2 weeks once we extract the left over yeast. But we're gonna let it age, and hopefully it will be all ready by christmas. We have another one thats comprised of peaches, pears and black plums ;)

Back