First Grow - Afghani & White Widow LED Tent

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Another Book
Creating feminized cannabis seeds is an art. Just like art, there are a few different methods of application. I have written about some of my different methods. I have used gibberellic acid, pH stress, light stress, and fertilizer stress to force my female plants to make seeds. All of these methods are harsh on the plants, and some, like the gibberellic acid, are not organic. In my search for cleaner, more earth-friendly ways of working with the cannabis plant, I have found a new way to make feminized seeds. Feminized seeds occur as a result of stress, rather than genetics. All cannabis plants can and will make male flowers under stress. Certain strains like a higher pH, some a lower one. Some like a lot of food, some like much less. There is quite a lot of variety in marijuana genetics, and you can’t treat every plant the same way.
It takes many harvests before you really get to know a particular strain. Just like getting to know human friends, it takes time. I have grown Many strains for close to a 1/2 decade, and am truly getting to know every nuance the different plants exhibit. I must say that I get a lot of help from my wife, both in making seeds and in learning new and better ways of working with this sacred plant.
I named this new method “Mary” after a best friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plants in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male “bananas.” A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built-in safety factor so that in case of severe conditions, the plant can make sure the species is furthered.
To me, a male banana is quite a beautiful thing. It has the potential of making all female seeds. Many growers out there have male-banana phobia. They see one and have heart palpitations, they want to cut down the entire crop, or at the very least take tweezers and pluck the little yellow emergency devices out. I call them “emergency devices” because they emerge at times of stress.
In the Mary method, the male banana is very valuable. After growing your female plants 10-14 days longer than usual, hang them up to dry, then carefully take them off the drying lines and inspect for bananas. Each and every banana should be removed, and placed in a small bag labeled very accurately. These sealed bags can be placed in the fridge for one or two months and still remain potent.
For the next phase, you need to have a separate crop that’s already 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. Take your sealed bags of pollen out of the fridge, and proceed to impregnate your new crop of females. To do this, you must first match the female plant and the pollen from the same strain in the previous crop. Shut all the fans in the grow room down. Then take a very fine paintbrush, dip it in the bag of pollen, and paint it on the female flower. Do this to each different strain you have growing together. I have done it with up to 4 different kinds in the same room with great success.
I use the lower flowers to make seeds, leaving the top colas seedless for smoking. This method takes time (two crops), but is completely organic, and lets you have great-quality smoke at the same time you make your female seeds. If you’re one of those growers who’s never grown seeds for fear of not having something good to smoke, you will love this method.
You can also use this pollen to make new female crosses by cross-pollinating. The older females with the male bananas can be brought into the room with the younger, unpollinated females after they are three weeks into flowering. Turn all of the circulation fans on high, and the little bits of pollen will proceed to make it around the room. Do this for several days. Six to seven weeks later, you will have ripe 100% feminized seeds; not nearly as many as a male plant would make, but enough to start over somewhere else with the same genetics.
As a grower who has been forced to move his genetics far away from where they started, I know very well the value of seeds i hope you enjoyed this book as well as my others .

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Hello alpha we all are so happy to know u are ok.
Me and kazvin got relieved after knowing u are ok.

Take rest stay strong.

We are happy to tell you that we have finally shifted to our new flat wich is on 6th floor and its a 3 bhk a very big house for just me and kazvin.

My parents house is just few blocks away

Kazvin today sowed the seeds you sent.

The low rider and 2 ak47 wich u purchased and gifted us.

She is lady luck so i made her sow the seeds and then i watered them exactly when it was raining outside.

We are doing an indoor cupboard grow pics tomorrow.

Its monsoon here and then winter so best time in india to germinate.

We got ac too in the room so temperature too will be maintained.

Those are big 3 pots thus i hope a good grow this time

Lights are very powerful leds those are overkill for 3 plants so i would use only one for now

Now you got to reply us if you want to see pictures of our new home. Love you
?Yes I would love to see your new home but I really liked the ranch you had do you still have the ranch? :mask:

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
No that was our farmhouse
This is an apartment

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_005239.jpg
    IMG_20200816_005239.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 235
  • IMG_20200816_005313.jpg
    IMG_20200816_005313.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20200816_005311.jpg
    IMG_20200816_005311.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_20200816_005252.jpg
    IMG_20200816_005252.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_20200816_005247.jpg
    IMG_20200816_005247.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 245

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Sorry FC Family I haven't been to great with my camera lately so have not placed any pictures up here lately that will change but I do have some good pictures here they are .

Screenshot_2017-05-18-09-01-53.png
weed5.png
wpid-photo-20150418112643810.jpg

Kyfarmer84

May 22, 2020

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?Well have harvested my 4 older ladies and Sunshine my wife gave me back about 3 OZ of buds she likes the new ones better so sometime this next week I am going to squeeze them or wash them haven't figured out which yet maybe I will try an experiment try squeezing than washing after on same buds just a thought will keep you in touch have you found a place yet to start your growing we miss the wizard of grow. YOU. I myself have been on CBD pills and they seem to work on my arthritic hip it seems to be doing pretty good it took away the pain :mask:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
I wanted to save this on my site for reference for my old brain. This was put out by FC member Varinaut
1a1.jpg
SAVE YOUR SEEDS BEFORE THEY GET CRUSHED BY USPS POSTAL ROLLERS
Stealth. Crush resistant. Cheap. That's what I've been looking for. My preferred method has been to use corrugated plastic signboard, which is in endless supply right now -- the political signs in your neighbors' yards would probably be perfect. I Cut off a piece about the size of a small photo, put the seeds in the corrugated channels, plug both ends of the seed channel with a cotton or tissue plug, insert into a greeting card and mail it in a standard size envelop with "Photo Enclosed" on the outside of the envelope. It meets the max thickness of < 1/4 inch and seems really crush resistant. Cost: ~$1.40 within the US. I used the same method to ship to India and the cost was $2.29, so reasonably affordable. If you cut down the corrugated to about a 3 cm square, it can be mailed with a standard greeting card for 1 US stamp.

Alphatoy
My comment if you cut the end off of Qtips and plug both ends this way the tip pieces give it extra strength from being crushed than you can take the extra part of the Qtip and use it as a pusher to push out each line also place it into an empty hole for greater support I than place it inside a greeting card and into an envelope you can buy the product at office depot also I did. about $10.00 for a pretty large corrugated plastic signboard that will last a long time. or with the elections on they are all over the yards maybe in your neighborhoods

MVC-010S (2).JPGMVC-011S (2).JPG

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
My New Grow and young girls
Black Eyed Kate
Daydream
Bluestink
Poison Princess
Guptine
UK Cheese
And part of the old root of my last Black Widow

MVC-183S (2).JPG
MVC-184S (2).JPGMVC-185S (2).JPGMVC-186S (2).JPGMVC-187S (2).JPGMVC-188S (2).JPGMVC-189S (2).JPGMVC-190S (2).JPG
MVC-191S (2).JPG

Last edited:

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Found it

Actual Power Consumption: 220±4%W
That's not bad power at all for a hobby grow and should give you some lovely flowers ??
Your plants need better light. Your light is way to weak. Though your light says 1500watts that means you have 150 10w leds which is correct. But the manufacturer likes to say higher wattage to grab consumer. Looking at your specs your 10w leds are running at 4% of the 10 capable watts. Which actually means your 1500w light is really is only about 37.5 to 40 watts. They do this because 10 full watts would run hot and cheap units using cheap drivers can't handle the load. Your results will be much greater if you even added another same light. That would get you closer to 100w. I run 250w in a 2x3 tent. I am amazed they are growing with low wattage but could be bigger. Just some advice. But good grow

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Your plants need better light. Your light is way to weak. Though your light says 1500watts that means you have 150 10w leds which is correct. But the manufacturer likes to say higher wattage to grab consumer. Looking at your specs your 10w leds are running at 4% of the 10 capable watts. Which actually means your 1500w light is really is only about 37.5 to 40 watts. They do this because 10 full watts would run hot and cheap units using cheap drivers can't handle the load. Your results will be much greater if you even added another same light. That would get you closer to 100w. I run 250w in a 2x3 tent. I am amazed they are growing with low wattage but could be bigger. Just some advice. But good grow
? I have been growing with these lights for over 2 years and have no problem with them I grow 2 tents 4 plants per tent and at harvest I get about 2000 grams dried and that is more than my wife can smoke for I do not smoke I just grow so we make hash but thank you for the review and some times I put 2 or three lights together but they are 1500w each and more than I can look into here is a picture of my gorilla glue bud a few grows back taken with old camera through a magnifying glass but if you are looking at the pictures above I have my lights turned off for they distort the picture yellow if on again thank you for your review If you go to MEDIA you can see one of my grows and if you notice I believe I have 3 lights on it :mask:

gorilla-glue.jpg

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?just to let you know Sunshine, my wife is very sad she Broke her Bong or hooka what ever you all call it last night now she is back to her glass pipe which is pretty hot using and makes her cough have to wait until SS check comes in the 26th to get her a new one so puffing is slower have you found a new spot for your growing yet. :mask:

Last edited:

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Thats a bummer you can make an old school coke bottle bong and put some ice in it for a cooler smoke. Yes I got my outdoor grow setup and ready for next year using a 12'x5'x7' dog kennel to keep animals out. As indoor I have a 2x3x5 tent 1800w (240w) led using 3. 5 gall fabric pots but filling about 4 gall. , mix of fox farm soil and reg pot mix w perlite. No nutrients in veg. Autos dont need if using good soil. But during flowering I uses fox farm big bloom. I'm all set up just waiting for seeds from opal. White widow autos.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Hoping by next season to add a 3x3x7 tent setup eventually id like to be able to grow the 12 allowed by law indoors to. But 1 step at a time lol

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
Sunshines wife i recommend you use bong with dynavape it is fantastic no battery real natural vaporizer

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Sunshines wife i recommend you use bong with dynavape it is fantastic no battery real natural vaporizer
?That's not sunshine's wife that's my wife Yazad but she got her a new one so she is happy again how are you and wife getting along in this corona 19 virus it must be hard over in India with the amount of people over their in your country and how are all of the street venders surviving were good here getting a lot stronger be good my Friend :mask:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Thought I would update my grow
#1 Poison Princess
#2 Black Eyed Kate
#3 Guptine Clone
#4 Daydream X AK47
#5 Daydream
The Quad and the next pictures are of my 3 Adult Guptine To Be Harvested Around Nov 6 than there
also is a UK Cheese the thin branch ones. Thank you for looking.
MVC-012S (3).JPGMVC-013S (3).JPGMVC-014S (3).JPGMVC-015S (3).JPGMVC-016S (4).JPGMVC-017S (3).JPGMVC-018S (3).JPGMVC-019S (4).JPGMVC-021S (3).JPGMVC-022S (4).JPGMVC-023S (3).JPGMVC-024S (3).JPG

Last edited:

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
Me and kazvin finished corona and we are very fine.

Now we stay with parents as we cant infect them.

Everything is very normal here people now are fed up and just dont care about corona.

All works have resumed and people arent worried anymore.

Alpha do u have any fem seeds wich you grew?

I need some seeds but not from any website/shop

I want seeds if you have extra wich you might have produced.

No specific strain just marijuana seeds but fem home made

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Me and kazvin finished corona and we are very fine.

Now we stay with parents as we cant infect them.

Everything is very normal here people now are fed up and just dont care about corona.

All works have resumed and people arent worried anymore.

Alpha do u have any fem seeds wich you grew?

I need some seeds but not from any website/shop

I want seeds if you have extra wich you might have produced.

No specific strain just marijuana seeds but fem home made
?Sorry my friend most all of my seeds are regular seeds male or female I am going to have to find out how to make fem seeds most all seeds I trade for are regular that is why I trade 10 for 10 because that way I know I can get some females and not all males but in 3 years of growing I have had to only cut down 3 males I have been lucky with the volcano seed top that is why I try to always grow 8 plants right now I have 9 plants 4 are full of buds 5 are babies growing I don't know if the 5 are male or female but if I get 1 or 2 females out of the 4 one of the 5 is a female clone I am in good shape I will look at my older seeds to see if I can send you 1 or 2 seeds of them I probably have a couple fem that I have bought if you would like them it will take a few days ok my friend let me know or I can send you some seeds I have traded for or grown which are male or female let me know my friend Also glad to here you and Kazvin are ok and I am with you you know here daylight saving time is next week here so we set the clocks back 1 hour I myself don't want another extra of corona 19 to worry about me at 78 with heart problems and diabetes am a ticking time bomb for the 19:mask:

Last edited:

Back