Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question

First grow

Jason

Ok so I have 6 3 gallon pots and I bought 12 qt ocean forest and 12qt and 12 qt of the happy frog I got some perlite so I gotta get a lot more soil but if its not ro or fox farm everyones against it but there has to be another less expensive soil to add in does anyone know of any
I like Sunshine mix #4 with mycorrhizae and can get it from Lowe's or Home depot. It's around $25 for 2.2 cubic yards. I then add organic amendments/nutrients to it to try and build it into a healthy living soil. I'm having a great time with trial and error. The most important thing for me is to have fun and continue to learn as I go.

Patriots781

A couple new ones I also added a 3.5 gallon bruce banner because his was the only out of the 6 I germinated not to germinate, so I have 2 bruce banner and 4 caramel cream,I got the seeds from mjgrove and got my seeds in 2 days

Attachments

Patriots781

New

Attachments

Patriots781

Every time I put the second switch on even if my plants are 35 inches away within an hour or 2 the plants leaves go from reaching towards the light to facing down,so maybe I should just keep the veg switch on,now do you guys think if I get just tiger bloom for flower will it be enough in the future? Am I ok with just the FF soil until it flowers? I mean they seem to like the banana tea I made,I just want to order thos stuff now so I'll have it in a coupke weeks

Jason

If I had to choose one I'd pick the advanced nutrients, only because I've seen those products around more and have had good experience with a couple of the products listed. I have a friend that uses the advanced nutrient system product line and his results are excellent. Prior to that he was using basic miracle grow plant food & fertilizers and his results were not nearly as good. I do not think this the most cost effective way to grow but everyone's budget is different. Note: this is just my humble opinion based on limited experience. I wish you the best on a wise informed decision. Keep us posted!

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
When they are small once a week maybe less, don't over wet the pots, rewater when they're starting to dry out a bit. The danger is overwatering, it's rare for a new grower to underwater.
You've overwatered. Let the pots dry out for a week or so, maybe 2 weeks. They need very little water indeed when they are this small and adding more than they need does more harm than good.

Patriots781

So the 3 girls on day 16 are getting big the other 3 kinda looks lile they stopped growing considering that the other 2 were only 3 days apart and the one thats leaves look white I'm hoping doesnt die

Attachments

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Get yourself a cheap soil moisture probe, it'll help take the guess work out of watering. For now stop watering until things look greener and more vigorous (7-14days).

Patriots781

Pics

Attachments

Top Bottom