First outdoor attempt

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Impressive for first outdoor grow !! What insects are you trying to fight. I use 1 cup of soap nut concentrate mixed with 1 Tbsp of pure neem oil to a gallon of water. Mix the soap nut and neem with warm water first shake the shit out of it and then add to the water in a sprayer. Use it only in veg. This will take care of most of your insects but only spray during veg. How far along are they and what part of the country are you from

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Forgot to mention one more important tip for keeping insects down.Clean out the stalk and big branches coming of the main stalk of all the little shoots that aren't going to amount to anything ( lollypopping ). You have large bushes by the looks of the pics and lots of places for the insects to hide before you notice them. You have lots of bud sites so thin them out a bit and this will also let the wind dry out the middle of your plants to keep away powdery mildew ( the bane of the outdoor grower ) Good Luck bro nice work.

Mar 13, 2021
Impressive for first outdoor grow !! What insects are you trying to fight. I use 1 cup of soap nut concentrate mixed with 1 Tbsp of pure neem oil to a gallon of water. Mix the soap nut and neem with warm water first shake the shit out of it and then add to the water in a sprayer. Use it only in veg. This will take care of most of your insects but only spray during veg. How far along are they and what part of the country are you from
Right now it’s Japanese Beetles, some moth catapillers, and leaf hoppers - they are under control but its labor intensive with the daily Thunder boomers we’ve been getting in the North East. I started them inside several months ago - I’m hoping they will start flowering a few weeks. I’ve been thinning them out and stripping the branches of the useless growth - I’m going from bottom to top but it takes a while - I do a little bit each day on all of them.

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Its a labor of love but worth it. I was dealing with white curly grubs in my soil so I purchased a sponge full of beneficial nematodes and applied them yesterday that should take care of that issue. North east im from southern Ontario and lots of wild weather for sure. I have the plants tied down pretty good though and they all survived last nights winds. Your at the mercy of Mother Nature outdoors but at the end of the season the results are worth it you just have to keep on top of things before they get out of control. After a few outdoor grows you probably will never grow any other way but every year is different and you always keep learning. I got at least 30 yrs of outdoor growing and im still learning . Again good luck and nice plants.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020
Right now it’s Japanese Beetles, some moth catapillers, and leaf hoppers - they are under control but its labor intensive with the daily Thunder boomers we’ve been getting in the North East. I started them inside several months ago - I’m hoping they will start flowering a few weeks. I’ve been thinning them out and stripping the branches of the useless growth - I’m going from bottom to top but it takes a while - I do a little bit each day on all of them.
Them damn Japanese beetles are thick this year. They will eat anything and everything. For future reference from an old school grower in a prohibition state, I grow multiple plants for cover and insects to eat. My goal is to camouflage my plants with other plants, not just to blend in, but to mask aromas and give predator insects something else to eat. I recommend for future grows, mint, parsley, dill, rosemary, marigolds, tomatoes, sage, and zinnias. I also grow hop vines for shade and a distraction. Butterfly larva, moths,and beetles all love aromatic vegetation, so plant it for them and they will leave your cannabis alone as long as there is a better alternative to eat. The beetles are munching on my zinnia leaves, the flowers are amazing, but my pot is untouched. The grasshoppers are yet to show and the Monarchs and other butterflies will devour my dill plants and Italian Parsley. I also grow Russian sage, tons of varieties of Thyme, and Cat Mint to attract bees. By the way, your dope is dope. That weed looks great. I still have one plant to harvest after she finishes. It is a cross auto Sweet Tooth from Canuck Seeds that I pollinated with Wild Thai World of Seeds pollen. That girl is a monster, flowered weeks ago and keeps going.

Mar 13, 2021
Them damn Japanese beetles are thick this year. They will eat anything and everything. For future reference from an old school grower in a prohibition state, I grow multiple plants for cover and insects to eat. My goal is to camouflage my plants with other plants, not just to blend in, but to mask aromas and give predator insects something else to eat. I recommend for future grows, mint, parsley, dill, rosemary, marigolds, tomatoes, sage, and zinnias. I also grow hop vines for shade and a distraction. Butterfly larva, moths,and beetles all love aromatic vegetation, so plant it for them and they will leave your cannabis alone as long as there is a better alternative to eat. The beetles are munching on my zinnia leaves, the flowers are amazing, but my pot is untouched. The grasshoppers are yet to show and the Monarchs and other butterflies will devour my dill plants and Italian Parsley. I also grow Russian sage, tons of varieties of Thyme, and Cat Mint to attract bees. By the way, your dope is dope. That weed looks great. I still have one plant to harvest after she finishes. It is a cross auto Sweet Tooth from Canuck Seeds that I pollinated with Wild Thai World of Seeds pollen. That girl is a monster, flowered weeks ago and keeps going.
I like your suggestion and will plant the insect magnets next year. I’m growing a Dank Commander, Chem & Cream, Golden lemons, California OG Kush, White Widow, Acapulco Gold, Amnesia, and a Citrus Farmer. To stay legal I have a few of them in a friends yard. Hopefully most will finish before the weather finishes them.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Companion growing is great for cannabis

Mar 13, 2021
I’ve had a lot of rain in the last week - they have grown quite a bit - I’ve completed thinning two of them so far. They need another spray for insects

Attachments

• 79AF329D-CB83-4339-AC38-A8ED76BBE937.jpeg
    79AF329D-CB83-4339-AC38-A8ED76BBE937.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 102
  • A46E8F87-46B9-488A-B83B-93B493F9E909.jpeg
    A46E8F87-46B9-488A-B83B-93B493F9E909.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 92
  • B4934494-F918-4AAD-87F4-97FFF500E318.jpeg
    B4934494-F918-4AAD-87F4-97FFF500E318.jpeg
    672.9 KB · Views: 94

Back