Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question

Question First post

Canadan

How much supersoil to add to a 30 gallon smart pot and how much regular soil do not want young plants to burn . Ive been growing in soil and using non organic ferts for years and this is my first organic grow . Im using the Agzarr 8 step soil recipe and it says that you can use it right away without cooking the soil but I do have my doubts I just want to be on the cautious side with this.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @Canadan :) If you're worried about burning fill the pot with supersoil then make a planting hole of about 2 gallon of regular soil with perlite and vermiculite added so the young plant can get established in the regular soil and hit the supersoil when slightly larger. Good luck and keep us posted!

Canadan

Thanks Sunshine. I was going to put 20 gallons of supersoil in and fill the rest with regular soil but this seems like a better idea I have perlite and peatmoss to add to the reg soil and the roots will get a good dusting of granular mycorrhizae in that layer of reg soil as well. My girls will be at least a foot high with a well established rootball as I have always done before with my old soil mix. Hoping that this new soil will take some of the guesswork away during the late flower stage because the plant has everything it needs in the soil already. I feed worm casting tea during the veg stage and top dress the soil during flower and I am going to continue this because I think it will help the soil out even better. Cant wait till late May :cool:

Canadan

Me and the wife with our fiskewers and then after the hang time I cure for 6 weeks in mason jars sure brings out the turpines for a nice smooth smoke. The reason for growing organic I've heard that the flavor is even better. Even the kief tastes better with cured bud. Im in my 50s and the flavor means more than the THC count thats why I'm growing sweet tooth this year.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
100% agree with you, flavour > strength and organics certainly delivers better tasting medicine. Sweet Tooth is a firm favourite of mine also, Breeder Steve really hit it out the park with that one!

Top Bottom