First Time, outdoor grow using small pots

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
YESSS MY SEED CRACK OPEN

Lol, I was starting to think it was a bad seed

I just put a little bit of 3% hydrogen peroxide To kill some bad bacteria, and to soften the shell a little cuz it was hard

Kept it under on top of my Xbox making sure it didn’t get to hot

And booom

Next day she is cracked ??

Took 5 days, like you said some seeds take longer than others

I’m just not that patient

And want to get to growing already lol

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
I heard biobizz light mix is really good for cannabis

And it allready contains perlite, with ph about 6.1

When the root in my seed gets a little longer should I buy a jiffy pellet at the store and wait for my biobizz light mix to arrive

Through amazon prime?

I feel light the dirt I got right now is really bad

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Congratulations on the germination! Glad it came through for you :)
Which strain from Paradise are you growing?
I feel light the dirt I got right now is really bad
Yes, it doesn't look great, investing in a decent soil mix is worth every penny and will pay it self back many times over ?

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
Called vertigo autoflower
I bought at my local cannabis grow shop which is like an hour and a half away lol
That was the best one I could find

50/50 hybrid

Paradise says it’s one of their newest creations

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 227

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
Guys quick question

How wet should I keep my jiffy?
I planted my seed, it’s root wasn’t that long, less than half and inch,

It’s been in their for four days

I’m keeping under 15 watt led bulb
Really close to it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 214

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Jiffy starters need to be moist but not saturated.
Four days is a long time for a sprouted seed. Normally you'd expect it to break dirt within 12-24hours ?
Temperature, moisture levels and planting depth are key factors.
Planting a sprouted seed should be very shallow, root down with top of seed visible ie barely covered is best.
I prefer planting directly as it removes this step/human error/handling.
How deep did you plant it? What are your max and min temp?

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
That’s weird I heard it can take 1 week or more for a germinated seed to pop out from the soil???? Idk

My temps are prolly around 70-78 ferinhite since I’m keeping my led light real close to it so it gets so warmth, By planting directly do u mean planting the seed directly into the soil without germinating ?

Honestly I’m trying my best to germinate seeds, the one I planted on tht jiffy pellet was good and healthy, I did not plant it to deep, I began germinating my two more seeds I had left from paradise one cracked but no root yet the other one is about to crack.. and the way I did it is a, a couple drops of hydrogen paroxide and distilled water, let it sit for 12 hours they both sank, then I put it in paper towel and one cracked, no root, and the other one looks like it has a small crack trying to open...

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
That’s weird I heard it can take 1 week or more for a germinated seed to pop out from the soil???? Idk

My temps are prolly around 70-78 ferinhite since I’m keeping my led light real close to it so it gets so warmth, By planting directly do u mean planting the seed directly into the soil without germinating ?

Honestly I’m trying my best to germinate seeds, the one I planted on tht jiffy pellet was good and healthy, I did not plant it to deep, I began germinating my two more seeds I had left from paradise one cracked but no root yet the other one is about to crack.. and the way I did it is a, a couple drops of hydrogen paroxide and distilled water, let it sit for 12 hours they both sank, then I put it in paper towel and one cracked, no root, and the other one looks like it has a small crack trying to open...
If it's only just opened and doesn't have a tail on yet it could take longer, also older seeds and certain strains will take longer than others :)
Sounds like your temps are okay, fingers crossed she'll show up in the next day or two ? Good luck ?

Dr. Longbeard

Aug 21, 2018

Some seed will crack right away and that's it some grow so slow that if you don't keep them poking out of the dirt a little they may never come up just now vigor in them and I've also have had late starters that turned out to be some really nice plants. So sometimes it's just pick of the litter if your only growing 2 or three plant pop 4 or 5 and take the strongest vigorous one you want to work with if they all turn out awesome pick the one ya want and gift the others to a friend

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
Umm!? Is this Normal kinda looks like it has a black root ??... idk
Has anyone had this happen before ?
If u look closely it looks healthy...
just looks like it has a black tap root... never heard of it,
Someone Help pleas lol I spent 40 bucks on 7 more seeds from sweet seeds

Attachments

• A3E33437-7071-4D48-89F6-EBE0625705C7.jpeg
    A3E33437-7071-4D48-89F6-EBE0625705C7.jpeg
    372.4 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Looks normal, it looks like a bit of membrane - underneath the tap will probably be white :)
Next batch try 1/2 directly in soil that has been prewetted, push the seed just below the surface, this is the easiest and most fool proof method ?

Last edited:

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
I still have 5 more seeds I’m germinating two, so u say put the seed directly in soil without germinating? If you did, does it matter what position I put the seed in, I hear tip up
Thx for the info by the way I’ll wait till tommorw see how’s she’s doing, she cracked in 24 hours I’m 80% sure she is healthy lol it’s just weird how it looks like a black root

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Pointy up or pointy down that is the question. It depends entirely whether you're from lilliput or blefuscu ?
The crux of it is it doesn't really matter, conventional wisdom says pointy end up ? this would be an excellent idea for a side by side experiment! ??

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
I was starting to think I was never gone get sprout?
3rd times the charm more like 8th times the charm for me lol, I think I just got bad seeds from paradise, evry one of the sweet seeds I bought germinated perfectly.

Attachments

• E6F2B14B-5D90-4D32-85D4-1E3EBCAAE74C.png
    E6F2B14B-5D90-4D32-85D4-1E3EBCAAE74C.png
    516.1 KB · Views: 212

Dr. Longbeard

Aug 21, 2018
I was starting to think I was never gone get sprout?
3rd times the charm more like 8th times the charm for me lol, I think I just got bad seeds from paradise, evry one of the sweet seeds I bought germinated perfectly.
It happens unfortunately but don't get sour on the breeder it happens to them all it's just the name of the game but any great breeder will replace them no charge and if they don't then you can get sour on them lol

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
Ye i know I’m not getting sour at the breeders, I was gone ask to replace them but I bought it at my grow shop,
I don’t know if I could

Stef420!

Aug 17, 2018
I got three from paradise they where vertigo

The ones I got from sweet seeds are speed+
Auto

I heard the they are the fastest growing in the market idk
3.1% ruderalis
7 weeks grow time

Both are hybrids

Back