GDP First Time Grower

BobHasBurgers

Jan 13, 2022
First time grower attempting to finish first plant ever! A few details that may help others assess my current first grow. Originally had 2 plants in this tent but discovered the gifted Revolver seed was an Auto and moved to separate tent. This left me with the scrogged one plant currently in tent. Plant is Grand Daddy Purple grown from seed (seed bank based in California). Did some late LST as I learned about it as I went! Thought I knew more than I actually do! The more I learned about maximizing yield on the lovely plant, I confirmed I didn't know SQUAT about this plant!!!! So I scrambled to regain some control of the plant with stretchy trellis netting, adjustments in pH, nutrients, LST, HST, water, just about everything! Man, what a racket and learning curve but this is exciting! Looking forward to doing better and better...

10-20-21 - Seed germinated and planted in party cup.

Transplanted 3 times between solo party cup, 1 Gal, 3 Gal, and 7 Gal. plastic pots.

Used Botanicare Products:
* Pure Blend Pro (Veg)
* Cal-Mag (Veg)
* Silica Blast (Veg)
* Great White Mycorrhizae
* Pure Blend Pro Bloom Formula (Bloom)
* Cannazym and Canna Boost (Bloom)
* Ph adjusted RO water
* Soil includes Hydrofarm Light Warrior Soilless Mix for clones and seedlings
* Fox Farm Ocean Forest and worm castings for all other potted plant stages.

IMG_9342.jpgIMG_9343.jpgIMG_9511.jpgIMG_9512.jpgIMG_9612.jpgIMG_9615.jpgIMG_9621.jpgIMG_9755.jpgIMG_9756.jpgIMG_9807.jpgIMG_9850.jpgIMG_9853.jpgGeneral equipment:

* Lighting: Spider Farmer S2000
* 2x4x6 grow tent
* AC Infinity Air Fan and Filter
* CO2 tank with solenoid valve and Autopilot meter aiming for (1200 ppm)

BobHasBurgers

Jan 13, 2022
102 days from seed germination, I cut down this beautiful plant. Following behind her are 9 of her potential GDP clones. Determined this the best time to cut based on fellow growers average consensus, actual plant age, visual appearance as it progressed, and finally 30%+ ambler trichome development. I cut plant into 6 main sections. Two pieces per hanger and into a 2x2x48 tent. After a full day, hygrometer reads 47RH & 75% F. Will dry for 10-12 days? Snap test will tell. Wide mouth large Ball curing jars are ready :)
I have no idea what this one plant will yield but once dried and cured I'll follow up with weigh in! No matter the outcome, I'm already very pleased and lucky to get it this far man.

I've improved lighting for current grow with a second spider farmer light to veg tent for combined pulling 300W in 4x2x60

Updates soon!IMG_9951.jpgIMG_9961.jpgIMG_9952.jpgIMG_9954.jpgIMG_9955.jpgIMG_9959.jpg

Hemp Knight

Nov 2, 2021
Little heads up, I love doing a wet trim and taking the sugar leaves down to a manageable close trim against buds.

Leaving them makes final trim in dry stage a pain in the toques. They curl around and take a 20 minute job to a 45 min. - 1 hour job.

Look good man. Let us know how they taste!!! 👅 👍👍🤩🌸

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
102 days from seed germination, I cut down this beautiful plant. Following behind her are 9 of her potential GDP clones. Determined this the best time to cut based on fellow growers average consensus, actual plant age, visual appearance as it progressed, and finally 30%+ ambler trichome development. I cut plant into 6 main sections. Two pieces per hanger and into a 2x2x48 tent. After a full day, hygrometer reads 47RH & 75% F. Will dry for 10-12 days? Snap test will tell. Wide mouth large Ball curing jars are ready :)
I have no idea what this one plant will yield but once dried and cured I'll follow up with weigh in! No matter the outcome, I'm already very pleased and lucky to get it this far man.

I've improved lighting for current grow with a second spider farmer light to veg tent for combined pulling 300W in 4x2x60

Updates soon!View attachment 18532View attachment 18533View attachment 18534View attachment 18535View attachment 18536View attachment 18537
🤠Great job BHB but i would not dry for that long i jar mine in 3 days and start curing remember to burp your jars every day this is how i dry mine i like removing them from the branch and i keep all the leaves (FREEZE THEM) until i make Hash or just remove leaves and just leave buds it is much easier to remove leaves when they are fresh than the mess they make after they dry also i keep visual on the Humidity last picture is the hash i get from the harvest plus you get scissors hash great little balls for a great puff you do not get this from dried leaves only new cut leaves. but you have a great harvest my friend bet it smells great.🧙‍♂️

Last edited:

Back