Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

*** GONE

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
No mention of lumen output for those, lumens aren't necessarily the best metric to measure led light but they give us an indication.
I did some looking around to get a feel for the lumen output of the various chinese bulbs and they seem pretty low, here's an example

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/E27-15W-...d=111807247913&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m2219
  • Lumen: 15W: 350lm, 21W: 490lm, 27W: 630lm, 36W: 840lm, 45W: 1050lm, 54W: 1260lm
The above ones look to be about 23.3lumens per watt, that seems very low.
A normal off the shelf warm white led light bulb (2700k) 14.5w is showing at 1521lumens, that's 104.89 lumens per watt.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/led-a60-b22-14w-2700k-15kh-dim-pack1/4297k
There are some 13watt bulbs outputting 1521 lumens but they're pricier these come out at 117 lumens per watt.
Most of the 10w off the shelf led warm whites run at 810lm which is 81 lumens per watt.
There are 10.5watts at 1055 lumens which is 100.47 lumens per watt.
All of the above are warm whites, I've taken a brief look and the cool blue (4000k) led light bulbs give the same figures.
Some growers are getting absolutely amazing results with these standard off the shelf led's, if I didn't have the led units I already have I'd definitely get some of these instead. I'd love to see what 52watt (4 x 13w) grow could do with TLO/ROLS/No Till organic style growing, in fact I may even do it as an experiment at some point as part of a thread I'll be posting entitled "the quest for 2 grams per watt". It would be amazing if one 13w bulb could produce an ounce and I'm convinced it's possible.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Depends how many you're thinking,I'd say 4 pots wouldn't be a bad number, maybe get some small fabric pots?
IMO perpetual harvesting may work best for you, it has a number of benefits not least that you're not harvesting it all at once which can be pretty fragrant. Taking one plant every couple of weeks may be more manageable from that perspective.
Also with a perpetual grow you can really let each plant reach it's full potential as you've always got something drying/curing/budding/finishing/starting.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
You could put the weed into a cardboard box with skewers or strings pushed through and hang the buds by their stems from that.
Then you could connect a tube/duct from the box to your flower chamber air intake.
This way air would be pulled through the cardboard box through the grow room and the out through the carbon filter!

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Looking great @InternationalBeanSmuggler! :)
The soil mix still looks a tad heavy (needs much more perlite next run) so give them plenty of time between waterings, you need to wait for some time for the seedlings to grow into those large pots so let the roots really search for the moisture over the next two weeks. Make them work for it.
Ideally your compost would look more like this, although the pic shows more than necessary you get the idea

Using vermiculite is important in bringing the soil together like a sponge improving the soil structure, it really helps eliminate the wet at the bottom dry at the top thing and gives a more even moisture level throughout the medium and stops your medium drying too quickly when using high levels of perlite.
As a general rule of thumb go for around 25%-30% perlite and 15% vermiculite in your mix.
Might be worth considering one of these

Very useful for taking the guess work out of watering when you're using deep pots.
I'm looking forward to seeing the tent choc full of nice buds in a few months:sun: