Got my first grow tent Vivosun 2' x 4' x 6'.

My tenant got to 36°F with a RH of 92%. They don’t look the best and the cold isn’t letting up.

• Cut the branches that are drooping.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Looking great @Nate congratulations! :party:
About flushing, which fertiliser/s are you using on the auto that's almost ready?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I really like that second to last pic! You got the lighting perfect, she looks great :sun:

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
F777C273-1CDD-49C4-A026-84836F5EFE01.jpeg 225A4325-BB8B-40F7-A680-6044DD3ED969.jpeg 6B968C61-5EA0-4928-B028-0D751DC79EEB.jpeg 7479EB68-FB82-4BF8-9F7F-D7E975A39746.jpeg 426C3C97-4439-469B-B6C7-DEC04249C1FF.jpeg I gave it week the auto week six of the Emerald Harvest 2 part series. I’m glad you liked the pic. I am wondering about the best way to go about drying and curing it out to make it the best possible. @Sunshine

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The plants look quite well fed so I would suggest you stop feeding the one you intend to chop in 3 weeks and begin the flush.
The best way to dry/harvest the bud (in my opinion) is to firstly remove all the fans and leaves with no visible crystals then chop the branches and hang the branches with the buds on a line in a dark place.
The most important thing is to leave them until they are 80-90% dry before removing the buds from the branches with sharp scissors and jarring them.
The easiest and worst error to make is to jar the buds too early which will result in bad/off flavours/aromas, not what you want.
The second error is to dry too quickly which gives a harsh green/chlorophyl taste to your flowers, don't force dry them.
Once jarred the small amount of remaining moisture will spread from the centre of the buds to the outside giving even moisture levels, open the jars once a day and manually check the moisture levels, if the bud feels soft/damp then either tip the bud out if it's too moist and leave for a few hours then rejar or just leave the jar open if moisture is okay.
Close the jar and leave for another day so the moisture from the centre of the dense buds is once again redistributed and drawn out to the rest of the flower, then check and burp the jar the next day continue this process until the buds are dry enough that leaving the jar closed will not result in ammonia smells.
It's simpler than I've probably made it sound and it will all make sense once you get stuck in.
I've noticed some growers using moisture meters in their jars which can be bought cheaply from ebay/amazon which takes the guess work out of curing and might be worth a look.
What's the smell like on the candy cane? Is it sweet? skunky? sour?
I bet you can't wait until your first harvest! Exciting times indeed my friend, hopefully the first of many :)

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
The plants look quite well fed so I would suggest you stop feeding the one you intend to chop in 3 weeks and begin the flush.
The best way to dry/harvest the bud (in my opinion) is to firstly remove all the fans and leaves with no visible crystals then chop the branches and hang the branches with the buds on a line in a dark place.
The most important thing is to leave them until they are 80-90% dry before removing the buds from the branches with sharp scissors and jarring them.
The easiest and worst error to make is to jar the buds too early which will result in bad/off flavours/aromas, not what you want.
The second error is to dry too quickly which gives a harsh green/chlorophyl taste to your flowers, don't force dry them.
Once jarred the small amount of remaining moisture will spread from the centre of the buds to the outside giving even moisture levels, open the jars once a day and manually check the moisture levels, if the bud feels soft/damp then either tip the bud out if it's too moist and leave for a few hours then rejar or just leave the jar open if moisture is okay.
Close the jar and leave for another day so the moisture from the centre of the dense buds is once again redistributed and drawn out to the rest of the flower, then check and burp the jar the next day continue this process until the buds are dry enough that leaving the jar closed will not result in ammonia smells.
It's simpler than I've probably made it sound and it will all make sense once you get stuck in.
I've noticed some growers using moisture meters in their jars which can be bought cheaply from ebay/amazon which takes the guess work out of curing and might be worth a look.
What's the smell like on the candy cane? Is it sweet? skunky? sour?
I bet you can't wait until your first harvest! Exciting times indeed my friend, hopefully the first of many :)
The Candycane is really sweet smelling maybe a hint of sour. When I flush what ph should the water be and how often? Should I water with overflow or should I water less but more frequently? I don’t know if I’ll be able to get another grow going yet. I might have to wait till I get my own place. Then I’ll definitely be scaling up at least 4 times the size.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The candy can sounds lovely! To flush just water as you normally would but without any ferts, it would be very easy to overwater them at this stage so little and often is better than large amounts infrequently.
Maybe do a stealth grow next? Where there's a will there's a way :)

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
93E740B4-D87C-4882-B9C6-C0B2B1A51527.png So my heater started screwing up on the coldest night of the winter. The tent got to 36°F with 96% humidity. There was quite a bit of damage going to get pics tonight. Hoping I’m not up shit creek. Help me Master @Sunshine you’re my only hope... (You are my Obi One) lol

Attachments

• 553402C9-328F-4181-B999-910E18A01791.jpeg
    553402C9-328F-4181-B999-910E18A01791.jpeg
    1,008.9 KB · Views: 229

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I feel your pain @Nate. 36f is 2c or there abouts, ouch :cold_sweat:
I've got to be honest, they aren't going to recover 100%, the best you can do now is be very careful with watering, less is more, and get the temps back up to 25-28c range and increase airflow.
The problem is that the extreme cold has killed some leaves, this is where the mould gets a foothold into the buds and is now your greatest danger. The small dead leaves between the calyxes will mould given even half a chance particularly if your humidity remains high.
I'd monitor them for a few days but it may be the case that your best bet is to harvest what you can and to reveg them for a second crop.
If you can post some more pics it would help assess the scale of the damage.
On the plus side you did amazingly well for your first shot at indoor and I'm sure your next crop will be even better!

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
I think I can salvage
I feel your pain @Nate. 36f is 2c or there abouts, ouch :cold_sweat:
I've got to be honest, they aren't going to recover 100%, the best you can do now is be very careful with watering, less is more, and get the temps back up to 25-28c range and increase airflow.
The problem is that the extreme cold has killed some leaves, this is where the mould gets a foothold into the buds and is now your greatest danger. The small dead leaves between the calyxes will mould given even half a chance particularly if your humidity remains high.
I'd monitor them for a few days but it may be the case that your best bet is to harvest what you can and to reveg them for a second crop.
If you can post some more pics it would help assess the scale of the damage.
On the plus side you did amazingly well for your first shot at indoor and I'm sure your next crop will be even better!
I think I can salvage at least half of them. I’m going to give it my all either way. I didn’t get any pics tonight the temp is sitting right at 72 and 30% RH. I was thinking about the reveg when it happened. Lol I’m glad it’s possible I cut as much of the dead leaf off so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Either way if I have to re-veg them I was thinking I should just put 6 of the new autos I got to replace the others.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I'd recommend going with the feeding chart from emerald @50% of what they recommend my friend. See what ppm's that comes out at and how the plants react and if they can take it increase to 60% etc ;)
There is such a wide range of ppm's people use for flowering from 600 at the low end to 2000 at the extreme end, but the consensus seems to hover around the 1000 mark give or take, but of course this will depend on strain, plant size and environmental factors.
Fertilisers are like salt and food, you can always add more but you can't take it out easily once it's been added so go steady :)
How are the girls looking today?

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
I forgot to grab pics today but I One Candycane is pretty much bare she has 1/2 the branches but there was green starting to grow again. One 75% gone and the GG is about a quarter dead. It was better than I thought though. I cut as much of the black leaves off I could I will get some pics soon. @Sunshine

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Excellent!!! Love to see a nice reveg :)
If it's a true auto it should in theory not reveg at all, but the Candy Cane doesn't seem to be fully auto so I'm sure she'll come back strong :sun:
What's the CC smelling like? I can't wait to see some bud pics and a smoke report :party:

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
This is a clone I got from friend that lives close it’s one of his breeding experiments he says its s hybrid sativa dominate but I’m not sure 6209AFD8-FC92-48A8-8258-D422CA0AABFA.jpegHere is th CC I decided was almost 90% gone and it’s the only one of the ones that the dreaded cold got too I’m going to try to re-veg. Think I did it right? CED3EF8D-7EE4-4FA9-8549-D0F7B3FE0490.jpegThese are the fruit bowl you sent me hoping for not females. Lol E11DC1E7-B72B-498C-AD3B-7D0A59F71A77.jpeg This is the black eye Katy I’m thinking about putting it in the flower tent soon any recommendations on how long you think I should wait?386F37CD-44DB-4175-B64D-0183BC98AE40.jpeg 6209AFD8-FC92-48A8-8258-D422CA0AABFA.jpeg 386F37CD-44DB-4175-B64D-0183BC98AE40.jpeg E11DC1E7-B72B-498C-AD3B-7D0A59F71A77.jpeg CED3EF8D-7EE4-4FA9-8549-D0F7B3FE0490.jpeg
Excellent!!! Love to see a nice reveg :)
If it's a true auto it should in theory not reveg at all, but the Candy Cane doesn't seem to be fully auto so I'm sure she'll come back strong :sun:
What's the CC smelling like? I can't wait to see some bud pics and a smoke report :party:
The CC smells amazing really sweet with just hint of sour. I’m about to put the black eye Katy out in the flower tent. Just not sure if the clone box I have it in will get it big enough to flower out nicely.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
The CC reveg looks good to go, you left plenty of plant matter on there for regrowth so fingers crossed she'll come back strong and bushy in no time :) #teamreveg
In terms of veg time on the BEK and Sativa, it's up to you but I would personally flip now, I don't veg for more than a few weeks unless it's a screen grow, if the plants are healthy and in good soil they will grow like crazy once flipped.
The CC sounds nice, won't be long now until it's ready to spark!

Nate

Sep 14, 2017
The CC reveg looks good to go, you left plenty of plant matter on there for regrowth so fingers crossed she'll come back strong and bushy in no time :) #teamreveg
In terms of veg time on the BEK and Sativa, it's up to you but I would personally flip now, I don't veg for more than a few weeks unless it's a screen grow, if the plants are healthy and in good soil they will grow like crazy once flipped.
The CC sounds nice, won't be long now until it's ready to spark!
I think I’ll put them int the tent soon then. I have a grape OG that’s almost he same age as the BEK it’s not near as big not busby as the BEK. It does look healthy though just about have the height and width as the BEK it looks similar but just a lot shorten

Attachments

• 0AE3ACFB-0BF5-400A-930A-9383A714E035.jpeg
    0AE3ACFB-0BF5-400A-930A-9383A714E035.jpeg
    862.7 KB · Views: 280
  • 66A77E05-E60F-408B-8C2C-D6B9818DB89E.jpeg
    66A77E05-E60F-408B-8C2C-D6B9818DB89E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 276

Back