Has anyone here made a led grow light?

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
The more i think about it and still might look into it. But what I dont like is if you do something wrong could be a fire hazard. At least with pre-made they are usually UL or CE certified and even thats not a guarantee.

willy

Oct 11, 2020
The more i think about it and still might look into it. But what I dont like is if you do something wrong could be a fire hazard. At least with pre-made they are usually UL or CE certified and even thats not a guarantee.

The fire hazard is an issue but i took one of my lights apart and it is all basic.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
SILs (screw in led's/off the shelf led bulbs) are a great and very safe alternative to making your own and some of the newer bulbs are very efficient. The 19w osrams for example are kicking out 2452 lumens which is 129 lumens per watt.

matthewdaimond

Oct 26, 2020
This DIY method of creating a LED light could be dangerous for your plant, you can't really control it. In my almost 1-year experience in growing, I've had many problems, but the main one till now recently was the light. I don't have the possibility to grow outside, so I am doing it inside, and inside the main factor that could affect your pot is the lightning, many led lights were bought and thrown out by me because none of them was good for me, until one day i saw on a forum some led grow lights with good reviews which really impressed me, and that fact made me bought one, which was really good purchase

Last edited:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?But it never shows how much lumens they produce he is making them for house plants which do not grow BUDS I do not think these are strong enough for Cannabis maybe seeds not plants. So to me they are only good enough for a couple of weeks Actually I can get small led grow lights for less on ( Wish.com ) :mask:

Back