Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Help think I cooked my seeds

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
You need to get a max and min digital thermometer in the propagator asap so you know exactly what's happening.
Hopefully if the seeds are relatively fresh they'll still germinate even if they got a bit too warm. How many days ago were they planted? 🌱

Thread starter #3
Dear Sunshine,

THANK YOU so much for coming to my aid, it's been 6days now since they been planted. I will say this I've done this method before with success but without the heat map. Yesterday I Also added a fan to keep the heat off the LED's to lower the temp a bit. Also yes I do need to get a Digital Thermometer ASAP, but sadly I live in the middle of no where. Have to wait till the Rain stops and the river lowers so we can cross the bridge to town.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
If they're fresh seeds then 6 days is quite a long time, usually with reasonably fresh seeds 2-4 days is the norm, however some do take longer than others.
Where did you get the seeds and which strain/s did you go for?
It looks like you've got a decent sized led light there so you probably don't need the heat mat unless you're experiencing low night temps.
I use a thermostatic propagator in cold temps, these turn off and on depending on the temp ie off if too high and on if too low, keeping everything in the sweet spot.

Dr. Longbeard

Dear Sunshine,

THANK YOU so much for coming to my aid, it's been 6days now since they been planted. I will say this I've done this method before with success but without the heat map. Yesterday I Also added a fan to keep the heat off the LED's to lower the temp a bit. Also yes I do need to get a Digital Thermometer ASAP, but sadly I live in the middle of no where. Have to wait till the Rain stops and the river lowers so we can cross the bridge to town.
I personally do not like the heat mats they are very I consistent and get to hot. I've seen so many people cook there seeds with those the warmth from the light should be sufficient enough bud.👍

Thread starter #7
Hey everyone well here to update. I did some digging in the peats lol hahaha and 1 out of 4 have sprouted the other 3 have just got very lard and I think are going to sprout. Just on the off chance they all die I start my germination again on another 4 seeds if they all sprount I'll change it a 8 sight grow bot