Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question
StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

GHOSTFIRE

Guys, I really want to grow indoor but I have a REALLY low budget. Right now, my plant is doing pretty great outdoors but I can't take the risk of getting caught so, I'll have to shift indoor. Can anyone please help? I'm comfused with how much light I need, the nutrients I need, should I control the pH of the water or not, how the ventilation is supposed to be.

Attachments

Jason

Hi Ghostfire and welcome to FC. The cheapest lighting set up I'm aware of are CFL bulbs. You may even already have some. Here is a link to an article I pulled up with some good info. I'd take what you like and leave the rest.

I'd recomemend investing at least in full spectrum LED bulbs. You can find them cheap on Ebay and Amazon. Just remember you get what you pay for and you'll only get out of your grow what your willing to put into it. Starting with good gentics, good balanced nutrition and the best growing environment you can manage will reap your best rewards. I've been consistently improving and upgrading as time and funding allows.

My advice is do your research on line. All your answers can be found pretty much without even leaving this site. LED grow lights are getting better and less expensive every day. Google is my savior when I have a need for specific information. These are just my humble opinions I'm offering up based on the title of your post. I'm no expert, although I've learned a thing or two about growing good cannabis. There are others that may have totally different advice. I wish you the best and I hope you stick around to share your growing experiences with us.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC @GHOSTFIRE :)
The best cheap option for lighting are off the shelf led's, you want the 1500lumen ones.

These can be used in a splitter like this to give you more than enough light for a personal grow and excellent results.

Also get some of this to feed the plants with.

For soil use an organic compost with added perlite and vermiculite, there's no point in cutting corners with the soil as it will cause problems further down the line. If you add some dolomite lime to your soil mix you won't need to adjust ph.

That's about all you need, you can start with 1 or 2 led light bulbs and add them when you have the money to buy more. Any other questions just shout.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠also for the time being get you some artificial flowers and place them on your plant outside it looks like it is up high enough that people wont question as of yet it looks like it will be a month before you will have to worry by the size in the photo Welcome to FC :)

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠
Guys, I really want to grow indoor but I have a REALLY low budget. Right now, my plant is doing pretty great outdoors but I can't take the risk of getting caught so, I'll have to shift indoor. Can anyone please help? I'm comfused with how much light I need, the nutrients I need, should I control the pH of the water or not, how the ventilation is supposed to be.
🤠I myself do a lot of shopping at Wish.Com second choice is Amazon than Wall mart for seeds I shop right here at Strain Supermarket or I do trades in the FORUMS Good Luck :grinning:

GHOSTFIRE

IMG_20200401_094433_907.jpg

Hey guys, thank you all for replying. My plant is this big (about 4 feet almost) now, I grew it outdoors and it went GREAT. The only thing is, is everything okay? It looks and seems like it but my leaf tips burn a little, also it hasn't started flowering yet. It's been 3 and a half months already. Should I be worried? It's definitely a female plant that I'm sure of. I water it enough, once everyday till it drains. It has a good coco soil. It's just taking awfully long. Should I put it in a bigger pot? Should it grow more? Why isn't it flowering yet?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Hey @GHOSTFIRE. I'd cut watering to every other day. Repotting would be a good idea as she's going to rocket during the stretch and the more space she has to stretch her legs the better.

You shouldn't be worried that she's isn't flowering yet. In photo period fems flowering is triggered by day length rather than age. When the days are less than 14 hours she will start to flower, ideally she would have as little light pollution as possible as you want as close to complete darkness as you can to induce flowering even if it means constructing some kind of make shift area for the dark period or moving her into a dark room.

Tip burn usually means slightly too much ferts and or slightly root bound.

Good luck with your grow and keep us posted, any questions just shout :)

GHOSTFIRE

Hey @Sunshine , you have no idea how much you helping me means to me. Thanks a TON again.
I live in India and it gets pretty hot here, should I cut watering everyday to alternate days? Everyday the pot looks dry. She sure drinks a lot.
When would the stretch period be? I've got concerns as it would raise suspicion with neighbours although my own family is pretty chill about it.
If I do transfer it indoors, with a CFL, how much wattage would she need?
My budget is REALLY tough, practically nothing. Does the wattage matter? Also, if the room is ventilated morderately, how would I control the humidity without a humidifier?
It goes upto 32-34°C at times, is this something to be worried about?
Also, she only gets (always been getting) direct sunlight from around 8-9 hours because of the placement of the pot and the buildings around. Should there be complete darkness to trigger the flowering?
Also, if there's anyway we could get in touch so that I could get some help if she's in danger or to better explain the indoor situation.
Again, I'm forever grateful. Thanks yo.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠Ghostfire do you have air condition in your house if so it also works as an humidifier if not than you need to mist its leaves with water also on the bottom of pot you need a water tray to hold your overflow you are loosing a lot of nuts if it is just flowing out every day seems like a lot of water I would try every other day at night is it totally dark where the plant is if not than you need to make some sort of tent to get it totally dark night is when the roots grow and produces it to start flowering if you need it to flower earlier and without the night and day system you need to build you some sort of dark tent or you can switch to Auto cannabis plants they will bloom when they want to without 12 X 12 also I can not tell how big your pot really is but you need a 7 gal pot or larger for a easier grow but with Sunshine helping he is the best as for lights their is a light on REVIEWS at top of page that is a great little light which I have 2 gorilla glue which are growing really great under it is 25 watts but full spectrum it will do the job you need if you move inside hope this helps a bit this is just some of the things I would do but as I stated before try to do whatever Sunshine quoted for you and you cant go wrong. :mask:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
You're very welcome @GHOSTFIRE. Don't go by when the pot looks dry as looks can be deceiving. Switch to every other day watering for the time being and buy a cheap soil moisture probe asap to eliminate guesswork with waterings.

The stretch period is the first 14-21 days of less than 14 hours light, during this period the plant may double or triple in size.

If the room is ventilated don't worry too much about humidity, if your concerned leave a jug if water in the corner near your plant.

32-34 is in the high side but cannabis is very hardy and your plant looks like a sativa so should have no trouble handling those temps if adequately hydrated.

Yes ideally complete darkness to trigger flowering and avoid issues.

Best cheap lighting are off the shelf led light bulbs, get the 19-20watt ones in warm white 3 or 4 of those over one plant would be plenty and they work extremely well. Good luck with your grow!

Top Bottom