OFFERED How safe are trades and swaps on this site

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm new as well, but I figured why not. I have noticed in a few threads, people say *insert name here* doesn't send seeds. So obviously try to steer clear of things like that. But I figure if you are able to have a human conversation with someone, they should be safe to trade with.
Usually. I've been trading seeds for a few years now and you learn what the flakes smell like pretty quick. I've actually thrown seeds away after receiving them because the trader seemed like a liar as the dealing finished. Why should I waste my time growing something I'm unsure of or end up retrading it. I want to trade the best because it's a hobby not a bussiness. Keep an open mind and treat others well and it will come back in spades. I now know a bunch or people and because I took the time to grow some GOOD seeds to trade and now I have like 60 strains, more than enough.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Once while trading on another site a couple years ago. I met a guy online, we chatted regularly. He eventually traded his old scraps 12-15 old seeds in breeders packs to me for 20 good seeds from me. Well every seed he sent me was dead. Not one popped. It was like 5 different strains from different breeders still sealed in the pack. I never even said anything, why? He for sure wasn't trying to rip me off. It took a while soaking these beans 1 or 2 at a time. Probably 2 weeks or longer I wasted trying to pop these beans. My guess is he stored them on top of the Microwave for a couple years.

hawkman

May 12, 2020
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once while trading on another site a couple years ago. I met a guy online, we chatted regularly. He eventually traded his old scraps 12-15 old seeds in breeders packs to me for 20 good seeds from me. Well every seed he sent me was dead. Not one popped. It was like 5 different strains from different breeders still sealed in the pack. I never even said anything, why? He for sure wasn't trying to rip me off. It took a while soaking these beans 1 or 2 at a time. Probably 2 weeks or longer I wasted trying to pop these beans. My guess is he stored them on top of the Microwave for a couple years.
That's my only fear - one could put any old seed tp be sent (example: I have GG #4 feminized and I send you some bag seeds) Like ti think one can trust the members here on this site. ????????????? thoughts ? have many to give but concerned what I will really receive. Come down to TRUST -- need to get a sense/ feeling on member before things happen ---Peace

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That's my only fear - one could put any old seed tp be sent (example: I have GG #4 feminized and I send you some bag seeds) Like ti think one can trust the members here on this site. ????????????? thoughts ? have many to give but concerned what I will really receive. Come down to TRUST -- need to get a sense/ feeling on member before things happen ---Peace
One of the worst strains of weed I've ever had came from a trade with someone I trusted. I still trust him and converse with him regularly. So it's a seed with the majic tied up in the genetics. It's a crap shoot unless you breed it yourself and have already tested at least 10 seeds. So my point is a lot of crossing and wierd breeding methods along with good breeding methods. But I believe most enjoy what they do, and want to trade their best. A little pride going on amonst many traders on this site. I will admit I want to have the best strains to trade and I want to hear back later how good the weed I traded was.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Its a free seed swap site . No one can predict the behavior of any kind of seed before it is germinated .If someone wants a guarantee
they need to stick to seed banks .You don't go into a second hand store looking for unopened products .
I say some seed banks and not all strains. I've had fire and I've had a few hermie things. And one strain I got from a top European Bank was gayer than the parade queen. Of three feminized seeds all hermied early in flower, that's from breeding Feminized seeds with forced polen. Plants have Sexual Health and that's anotherreason IBL's are good. So when creating Fem's the Sexual Health of the strains is important. And it's better to breed lines that have been bred regularly for many generation. And this is the proper practice.

kent

Oct 13, 2020
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
But this is something you are not going to have with the common grower . Most experiment with lots of variates of plant
such as what we have going on with this page . Limited experience , no laboratory knowledge or equipment ,and no true control species
to with you have no true way of knowing of a true strain .So expecting anything more than that is just ......wishful thinking !

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
But this is something you are not going to have with the common grower . Most experiment with lots of variates of plant
such as what we have going on with this page . Limited experience , no laboratory knowledge or equipment ,and no true control species
to with you have no true way of knowing of a true strain .So expecting anything more than that is just ......wishful thinking !
Genetics is Genetics. And I started with good banks when I started. Then spent a boatload of cash to get going in breeding seeds. I wasted some chances to save great genetics but suceeded a few times also. But if I had the money I would much rather buy the best seeds from the best breeders. My traded seeds net me half good and half less than good. That's why I like to trade for 15-25 seeds. If they are good on my test grow (3 seeds) then I have 12-22 seeds of something good, thats the goal!

Juddy167

Dec 15, 2020
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Alot times when you breed feminized weed into regular or other feminized it just keeps hermy traits until bred into regular pot for several generations you got breed male gene back into it.

Ras Mountain

Jul 9, 2020
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
How old is old? In other words, while I would never send anything over 2 years in age, I do have a couple hundred 3 year old beans in storage at room temperature. Will they last 5 years?

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
How old is old? In other words, while I would never send anything over 2 years in age, I do have a couple hundred 3 year old beans in storage at room temperature. Will they last 5 years?
The oldest beans I have that I grew are almost 3 years and they still explode into life when given enough heat and water. Isn't it possible that they could last decades?

Back