How to Reveg / Rejuvinate a Cannabis Plant by Sunshine

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
In the garden :)
Here's a quick tutorial showing how I reveg/rejuvinate my plants for multiple harvests. Revegging is a great way to bring back star performers and favourite phenos in your garden, also you will get a much larger harvest on subsequent runs if done correctly as the plant already has an established root system and stock meaning a quicker route to harvest than seed or clones as the plant can be ready to reflower in as little as 20-25 days.

Pic of plant prior to harvest
DSC_0017 (1).JPGDSC_0018 (1).JPG

Pic showing the same plant after the first phase of harvest, largest flowers removed, small flowers left on the plant -these can be removed in a week or so when we see the first signs of regrowth.
DSC_0027 (1).JPGDSC_0028 (1).JPG

Pic of plant after second phase of harvest around a week after the above pic/s. The plant looks a bit bare at this stage but signs of regrowth have already been observed prior to taking it down to this level.
DSC_0039.JPGDSC_0041 (1).JPG

Around a week after the above pics the plant is looking much healthier and regrowth is coming on strong
IMG_20191119_133156.jpgIMG_20191119_133207.jpgIMG_20191119_133215.jpg

Key points:
  • Avoid overwatering after harvest, the revegging plants require very little water at all as they revert to veg mode.
  • Avoid taking too much flower from the plant in phase 1, the more you leave on the plant the better your odds of success, once you're more experienced you can go straight to step 3 but some strains will struggle if you're too aggressive with your harvest and dont't leave a good amount of flower.
  • Go straight to 24/0 after the large flowers are removed, after 10-15 days when you start to see the signs of regrowth you can cut this to 22/2 or 20/4.
That's all there is to it, in a couple of weeks, and after a bit of pruning, the plant will be ready to be flowered again.

Questions and comments are welcome🌞

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠
Here's a quick tutorial showing how I reveg/rejuvinate my plants for multiple harvests. Revegging is a great way to bring back star performers and favourite phenos in your garden, also you will get a much larger harvest on subsequent runs if done correctly as the plant already has an established root system and stock meaning a quicker route to harvest than seed or clones as the plant can be ready to reflower in as little as 20-25 days.

Pic of plant prior to harvest
View attachment 9774View attachment 9775

Pic showing the same plant after the first phase of harvest, largest flowers removed, small flowers left on the plant -these can be removed in a week or so when we see the first signs of regrowth.
View attachment 9776View attachment 9777

Pic of plant after second phase of harvest around a week after the above pic/s. The plant looks a bit bare at this stage but signs of regrowth have already been observed prior to taking it down to this level.
View attachment 9778View attachment 9779

Around a week after the above pics the plant is looking much healthier and regrowth is coming on strong
View attachment 9780View attachment 9781View attachment 9782

Key points:
  • Avoid overwatering after harvest, the revegging plants require very little water at all as they revert to veg mode.
  • Avoid taking too much flower from the plant in phase 1, the more you leave on the plant the better your odds of success, once you're more experienced you can go straight to step 3 but some strains will struggle if you're too aggressive with your harvest and dont't leave a good amount of flower.
  • Go straight to 24/0 after the large flowers are removed, after 10-15 days when you start to see the signs of regrowth you can cut this to 22/2 or 20/4.
That's all there is to it, in a couple of weeks, and after a bit of pruning, the plant will be ready to be flowered again.

Questions and comments are welcome🌞
🤠Does the plant refill out I can not tell by pictures also does it produce new buds or does it just grow the buds left over does it produce new limbs with new big buds ?🙃

Reactions: Sunshine

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
What if i keep some tiny flowers intact and harvest big ones.

Then give the plant much stress to force into hermy

Can do that to get seeds and flowers separately from the same plant.

That will be like 3 steps.

1: harvest big flowers.
2: give stress to convert remained flowers into hermy.

And harvest seeds

3: remove every bud and give it 24hour ligh to make it reveg and into female plant.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Does the plant refill out I can not tell by pictures also does it produce new buds ......does it produce new limbs with new big buds ?
Yes that's exactly what it does, it literally reverts to vegging so you start the cycle again but with a bit of a head start.

All the old bud is eventually removed as these areas can be prone to botrytis. That's the next step.

I'll update this thread with it's progress so you can see it through to harvest #2.

Reactions: Alphatoy

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
What if i keep some tiny flowers intact and harvest big ones.

Then give the plant much stress to force into hermy

Can do that to get seeds and flowers separately from the same plant.

That will be like 3 steps.

1: harvest big flowers.
2: give stress to convert remained flowers into hermy.

And harvest seeds

3: remove every bud and give it 24hour ligh to make it reveg and into female plant.
In all likelihood stressing during revertion would kill the plant before male flowers were produced as the plant is significantly weakened during this phase.

Using CS or similar would be better but TBH for the price of fem seeds I don't think it would be worth the time or effort involved unless you found and wanted to preserve your perfect strain.

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
Am eager and excited to share with you guys my 3 plants being revegging but have to harvest them first...

Hahah.. for wich i guess i have to wait more 1 month for the buds to fatten upp

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠I believe you have enough room in your grow room why not start a couple of new seeds also say hi to your Sweetheart for me sorry I forget name (age) 😁

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
Lol... name is kazvin 23.

I have really bad luck germinating seeds..

Few germinate and those who do die soon. Or have some deformity

My try is going onn for new plants

In the picture attached above.

But i strongly feel u need more seeds...

My male whom i killed was very rapid growing and hardy plant i shdnt have killled him but have polinated one female

So i could have abundant seeds..

Attachments

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
🤠I don't know yazad all those babies look good in their picture are you overwatering the babies you need to go to a spray bottle 2 times a day morning and night don't flood them just water the soil I myself give it 10 pumps each and no more at morning and 5 pumps at night I do not soak the soil I do it in a mist form 🌱