How's it growing?

Joheim

Aug 23, 2021
I love the trading aspect of FC but I don't see much in the social sectors. So, I aim to change that, and I ask, how's it growing? what strain or strains? What's its or their story?
Don't feel bad if your response turns into a book, that just imparts the passion you hold.
Unless someone else gets to it, I'll go first, with just some of what I'm up to.

Joheim

Aug 23, 2021
Right now at least 3 weeks left in my strain closest to done. She is Pineapple Doc OG. She has surpassed my previous favorite strain this far. She has a wonderful structure her coloration is beautiful, and she smells of fresh cut pineapple and maybe something sweet like a berry.
Next is Banana OG bag seed and she is, well, I haven't killed her, but she has been neglected, all of my girls have to be honest.
Then the previously favored, Pineapple Express(fem s1 by Me). I'm down to 4 seeds so I won't trade any of these till I can get her selfed again. Her mother was a bag seed so there could be some wild genetic swings but when I flipped and pollinated her she came out just the same. I've run her s1's 3 times now with very little deviation from the mother.

Tracker

Oct 15, 2021
What's up @Joheim, I agree not much chatter on this fledgling board, but I figure more will develop with time. I too greatly appreciate the trading/sharing threads here.

I just have my mothers veging now, and been rooting cuts here and there for friends. I was gifted a cutting of something potentially interesting: Ice Pie = Wedding Pie X Tropical Zkittlez. I got it from a commercial grower friend a few weeks ago. I haven't finished it myself, but he says it's the best one in his quiver right now. Besides that I've got the WB1 selected from bombseeds.nl Widow Bomb and the MLK4 selected from sanniesshop.com Motherlode Kush. I've had those last two mom's for a couple years now. I need to start popping some beans to see what other magic I can find.

I got a trade on FC for some Yunnan Dragon sativa and I've got some really old Mexican Sativa beans from bagseed back in the day. I'm thinking about breaking out some of those to cross some sativa on my 2022 seeds.

If you want a cutting of that Ice Pie, let me know, I'll root some for you.

Sativa Kid

Jun 2, 2020
I'm currently breeding trying to spin some new terpene combo's in some of the stronger known genetics. I have over 50 strains of Cannabis I've acquired. And some of my own breeding that rings the bell. As well as a lot of genetics in certain interest. Right now I'm focusing on breeding some Girl Scout Cookies that surprised me when I grew the seeds I acquired in a trade. The test plant was phenomenal and I saved clones from it. But I have no more GSC seeds so I'm back crossing it to my other stuff I own. This Girl Scout Cookies test plant had dark buds that dried like gum and great terps. So right now I have My Very Own Super Diesel male crouched over GSC Female and a GG#4 Female. My Super diesel is phenomenal high amperage smoke in a medium sized plant with medium sized buds and I've never tested the THC level but it tops around 25%. Genetics: Landrace Thai x Gorilla Girl(GSC x GG#4). Anyways I'll be looking to trade a few when the beans fully mature. But soon I'm going to have to open trading of so many strains I will never get around to growing in the next ten years. Probably going to look for some Top Notch Indica. As most of what I have is Sativa or Hybrid. Well there's my 2 cents worth.
What's up @Joheim, I agree not much chatter on this fledgling board, but I figure more will develop with time. I too greatly appreciate the trading/sharing threads here.

I just have my mothers veging now, and been rooting cuts here and there for friends. I was gifted a cutting of something potentially interesting: Ice Pie = Wedding Pie X Tropical Zkittlez. I got it from a commercial grower friend a few weeks ago. I haven't finished it myself, but he says it's the best one in his quiver right now. Besides that I've got the WB1 selected from bombseeds.nl Widow Bomb and the MLK4 selected from sanniesshop.com Motherlode Kush. I've had those last two mom's for a couple years now. I need to start popping some beans to see what other magic I can find.

I got a trade on FC for some Yunnan Dragon sativa and I've got some really old Mexican Sativa beans from bagseed back in the day. I'm thinking about breaking out some of those to cross some sativa on my 2022 seeds.

You have old Mexican Sativa. As a kid I lived in a city that was a drop spot for the mexican mafia. One of my good friends was an affiliate that sold kilos in quantity. I used to think he was crazy for risking prison and dealing with serious people like that. But he used to get bags of whatever was available on the wholesale and I remember that Sativa. And even grew a few seeds. Very light sweet flavor in a creative Sativa buzz. Someday I would like to grow that.
Right now at least 3 weeks left in my strain closest to done. She is Pineapple Doc OG from Brother Randall @ swarley seeds. She has surpassed my previous favorite strain this far. She has a wonderful structure her coloration is beautiful, and she smells of fresh cut pineapple and maybe something sweet like a berry.
Next is Banana OG bag seed and she is, well, I haven't killed her, but she has been neglected, all of my girls have to be honest.
Then the previously favored, Pineapple Express(fem s1 by Me). I'm down to 4 seeds so I won't trade any of these till I can get her selfed again. Her mother was a bag seed so there could be some wild genetic swings but when I flipped and pollinated her she came out just the same. I've run her s1's 3 times now with very little deviation from the mother.
Only grew one pineapple cross and it was gooooood!

Joheim

Aug 23, 2021

Hell yeah! I'm willing to run 1 of almost anything.

Joheim

Aug 23, 2021
I'm currently breeding trying to spin some new terpene combo's in some of the stronger known genetics. I have over 50 strains of Cannabis I've acquired. And some of my own breeding that rings the bell. As well as a lot of genetics in certain interest. Right now I'm focusing on breeding some Girl Scout Cookies that surprised me when I grew the seeds I acquired in a trade. The test plant was phenomenal and I saved clones from it. But I have no more GSC seeds so I'm back crossing it to my other stuff I own. This Girl Scout Cookies test plant had dark buds that dried like gum and great terps. So right now I have My Very Own Super Diesel male crouched over GSC Female and a GG#4 Female. My Super diesel is phenomenal high amperage smoke in a medium sized plant with medium sized buds and I've never tested the THC level but it tops around 25%. Genetics: Landrace Thai x Gorilla Girl(GSC x GG#4). Anyways I'll be looking to trade a few when the beans fully mature. But soon I'm going to have to open trading of so many strains I will never get around to growing in the next ten years. Probably going to look for some Top Notch Indica. As most of what I have is Sativa or Hybrid. Well there's my 2 cents worth.

You have old Mexican Sativa. As a kid I lived in a city that was a drop spot for the mexican mafia. One of my good friends was an affiliate that sold kilos in quantity. I used to think he was crazy for risking prison and dealing with serious people like that. But he used to get bags of whatever was available on the wholesale and I remember that Sativa. And even grew a few seeds. Very light sweet flavor in a creative Sativa buzz. Someday I would like to grow that.

Only grew one pineapple cross and it was gooooood!
I've been I fan of Pineapple Express since it made the scene (weed, the movie was...ok) but here recently Brother Randall had shown me there is better. I've also got 2 others of his just starting veg. Kona Orange (Kona Gold x 1988 Orange County) and Island Hulk(Kona Gold x Bruce Banner) and then there are the autos. I've got a Bloody Skunk auto by Sweet Seeds and a Beast Mode from Mega Buds currently flowering with Green Crack, Northern Lights, and Sweet Tooth(all autos) from 5Seeds on deck. I probably should start them soon.
Oh! I forgot I have a Red Hot Cookies From sweet seeds I just put into the flower tent last nnight.i hoping for a better run this time. Drying in a week of rain molded the last RHC. But I'll keep trying again.

Ray7190

Nov 16, 2021
4 weeks into my first grow using seeds I got from Alphatoy on here. I attempted to sprout 6 of which 5 ended up successfully doing so (pretty good). 3 Kate's UK Cheese and 2 Blue Cookie plants are currently growing in my room under a cheap Amazon full spectrum LED grow light.

The plants look incredibly healthy and vibrant green! They've almost all fallen over multiple times (from mistakes by a first timer), but all have gotten back up and majorly grown! I haven't introduced nutes yet, but will be soon.

Thanks for asking

Tracker

Oct 15, 2021
4 weeks into my first grow using seeds I got from Alphatoy on here. I attempted to sprout 6 of which 5 ended up successfully doing so (pretty good). 3 Kate's UK Cheese and 2 Blue Cookie plants are currently growing in my room under a cheap Amazon full spectrum LED grow light.

The plants look incredibly healthy and vibrant green! They've almost all fallen over multiple times (from mistakes by a first timer), but all have gotten back up and majorly grown! I haven't introduced nutes yet, but will be soon.

Thanks for asking
Post a grow journal thread. We love to see pictures.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Been enjoying the end of a successful growing year and just soaked a few beans for my first 2022 grow. Some Sour Diesel X Landrace Thai Regs. and Durban Poisson, Kona Gold, Gorilla Zkittlez, and Platinum Gorilla Cookies, Fems. I tried my hand at that Volcano method on the Regulars so it will be interesting to see how many out of the five are Female. I have some pretty fresh Sour D. x Thai Regulars in 10 packs and a couple other feminized strains available, (not grown yet but promising genetic lines), if anyone from the US is interested HMU on PM. You can see my stuff here.

Last edited:

Varinaut

Jun 14, 2020
Harvested a crop of C99 (Female Seeds) on xmas day and had a respectable yield. Single plant, 4-week veg followed by 10 week flower, and it nearly filled the scrog with 12-14 in colas. No idea yet as to power and effects, but sure was a pretty plant. First time growing this strain and it stretched 300% despite the breeder specs claiming just 50%, so it got out of control. Better canopy management next time should give me 20-30 colas.

c99.jpg

I've kept 4 clones for fem seed production, and have already dropped 2 C99 clones that have been vegging for 7 weeks, into the production hydro for a March 1 harvest. Hoping the potency is at least reasonable. Chime in if you've experience with these genetics.

Of the 5 Dutch Treats (JotI) I popped for the spring grow, only 1 female developed, so working on clones for seed and grow. The plan for the spring grow is 1 Dutch Treat and 1 Jorge's Diamond.

Tracker

Oct 15, 2021
Harvested a crop of C99 (Female Seeds) on xmas day and had a respectable yield. Single plant, 4-week veg followed by 10 week flower, and it nearly filled the scrog with 12-14 in colas. No idea yet as to power and effects, but sure was a pretty plant. First time growing this strain and it stretched 300% despite the breeder specs claiming just 50%, so it got out of control. Better canopy management next time should give me 20-30 colas.

View attachment 18318

I've kept 4 clones for fem seed production, and have already dropped 2 C99 clones that have been vegging for 7 weeks, into the production hydro for a March 1 harvest. Hoping the potency is at least reasonable. Chime in if you've experience with these genetics.

Of the 5 Dutch Treats (JotI) I popped for the spring grow, only 1 female developed, so working on clones for seed and grow. The plan for the spring grow is 1 Dutch Treat and 1 Jorge's Diamond.
That looks real nice! I've got some C99 seeds in the library, but I haven't grown any C99 yet.

Tracker

Oct 15, 2021

View attachment 18318

What lights are you using?

Maddawger

Oct 11, 2021

View attachment 18318

View attachment 18318

Please add your picture to the FC media.
That plant is a beast and you have my vote.
Well done!

Jason

Mar 16, 2019

View attachment 18318

Those look great @Varinaut. Nice fat Colas. I've been meaning to shoot ya an e-mail. I'm popping a few of your beans now.

PirateJoe

Dec 10, 2020

View attachment 18318

Looks like it was a great Christmas!

Back