Impending doom or bouncing back?

Will she live or die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Had a photo shoot with the old girl today. She still has mites but they're fairly suppressed and they've hardly spread, and I will get some spray and mite bomb as soon as money permits. Now, please mind that I had the flash on when taking pics so any yellow you see is more bright and intense than what I'm seeing on my end. For the first time in awhile she has some supple green shoots!

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
It may not look like much but it's enough for me :) she just won't quit... I'm amazed. So I conducted an experiment over the last two days. I noticed it's been too cold during the dark period, so I let the light go for 48 hours to keep temps up and this is what happened. After an eon of NO growth this has me giddy. I just turned the light off and moved a space heater in the big room with her, from now on her naps will coincide with my schedule better and she'll be accompanied by a heater at all times. The camera can't pick up how green it all is but I'm sure you'll get the 'picture' lol

20171117_181405.jpg 20171117_181414.jpg 20171117_181428.jpg 20171117_181439.jpg 20171117_181445.jpg 20171117_181458.jpg 20171117_181521.jpg 20171117_181541.jpg

JamesBong

Aug 7, 2017
you've burnt the living daylights out of her dear boy... some would say live and let die for this one but I say tomorrow never dies

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I think you've hit the nail the head @FerretWrangler :)
Glad to see she's looking a bit better :party::party::party:, I think if you nurse her with special care you could prove us all wrong! :eek: Good on you for turning things round, I wish you the best of luck :sun:

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I think you've hit the nail the head @FerretWrangler :)
Glad to see she's looking a bit better :party::party::party:, I think if you nurse her with special care you could prove us all wrong! :eek: Good on you for turning things round, I wish you the best of luck :sun:
Thanks @Sunshine I'd love to see her pull through and not have to cut her up, but I'm prepared if that's what it comes down to. I'm going to let her do her thing and just see what happens. For my nutes there is a feed schedule (early/mid/late veg and same for flower) so which should I use for her? I don't want to upset her hormones or burn her.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Listen to and read the plant, ignore the schedule for the time being.
If she's coming back from correcting the temperature, let her come back, then in 15-20 days from now when she's looking better give her something with decent nitrogen content at 1/3 strength to help green her up.
Then a week from there see how she's looking and gauge it from her response, if that was too much and you're seeing burnt tips then you'd add nothing for the next few waterings, if it looks like it can take more then give the same low dose again.
You're on the right track @FerretWrangler :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Listen to and read the plant, ignore the schedule for the time being.
If she's coming back from correcting the temperature, let her come back, then in 15-20 days from now when she's looking better give her something with decent nitrogen content at 1/3 strength to help green her up.
Then a week from there see how she's looking and gauge it from her response, if that was too much and you're seeing burnt tips then you'd add nothing for the next few waterings, if it looks like it can take more then give the same low dose again.
You're on the right track @FerretWrangler :)

Will do @Sunshine thanks again for all the help! :)

Uncle_Al

Seasoned Grower
Aug 31, 2017
I did not see actual mite damage, it doesn't mean it's not there. I would check pH cause I do that! Then I know it's not nute lockout. Keep it warm enough that's a plus. When I'm in trouble for cal mag I dissolve 1 tablespoon of dolomitic lime into 2 gallons of water. Then water plant, It will not work immediately there will be a time Element maybe a week or ten days, this will provide a dose of calcium and magnesium buffers soil to A 7 pH then I adjust following water down to 6pH, add 1 teaspoon of Epsom salts to water, adds magnesium and sulfur. For 1 gallon of 7ph tap water it takes 1 tablespoon of white vinegar, not red apple cider vinegar, not salad dressing vinegar. White vinegar. 1 1/2-2 tablespoons takes it to @5 that's too low for soil or hydro. Aim for A 6 balancing 7 it will average perfectly from when wet until dry again.
So to recap.
1. Watering with 1tblspoon dolomitic lime or some other cal-mag, use no nutes. No vinegar.
2. Next watering, decrease water pH to 6. No nutrients, because what is in the soil will now be available, more will burn leaves.
3. Third watering and there after water pH to 6,
Then add weak/mild nutes.
Always check Water pH with the strips I gave you
Check runoff water pH if pH is low, less than or equal to 5.5 stop using vinegar
If greater than 7 use dolomitic lime again
Continue to adjust and monitor until stable.
Light cycle must be greater than 12 hrs.
After stability is achieved full nutrients.
Plant temperature,not room temperature is most important. Measure temps at plant level. If plant level greater than 75° f move light further away. 80°f is very hot for sick/tender plant.

BudMonster

Aug 7, 2017
Im pretty sure hes in peat compost and perlite in cloth pot and its under 600 watt sodium i think

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
Well put @BudMonster! @Sunshine she's about the same20171125_073944.jpg 20171125_073959.jpg

@ukgrow just about everything has happened to it sadly :sob: its too much to sit here and type, you can always look through my post history!

@m8ty It is my first grow. If it's not up to snuff oh well I suppose, it's a learning experience. I've never met a grower without at least one horror story ending in a total loss from the garden so I'm not too worried about how it turns out. The end goal is to save it and cut the healthy bits up into clones. I already tried taking a few but they didn't root because I have no warm spot for them and I can't afford a warming blanket. All of my next steps revolve around money so it's slow going, just keeping her alive.

Back