Indoor - 4th grow ever~The Continuing Saga....

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Hello to all of y'all,been busy watching nfl today but I seen my name.Yes I grow in a tent for veg,4x8 and I've converted a 10x10 room into a decent grow room.i have no problems keeping a stable growing environment so it's great.I will be pulling my blue dream down in about two weeks, this particular pheno I got of her is fantastic a real favorite among us.happy growing to you bro
The Blue Dream is looking tasty...

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?
Not much going on at the moment so I made some Kief with some trim and older bud. Also decarboxolated a pile and made a nice batch of butter. I'm trying to conserve energy and scale back on the plants for now since I can only legally have so much with my medical card. I can grow up to 15 plants but can only possess 16 ounces of usable weed in addition to the plants. This growing hobby is just to much fun to stop altogether so I'm just trying a couple of SIL's (Screw in lights). I only really have the one plant, Aloris Pop I got from Alphatoy a while back and two clones I re-vegged from the Alaskan Purple. You can also see two green crack seedlings where I'm testing seed viability and my ROLS mix. (Recycled organic living soil). I mixed up and played a bit with my last batch and its all potted up and seems ready to go when I am. I'm trying to decide on the line up for my next grow.

PS. I threw out a couple of acronyms, SIL's and ROLS that I learned whileView attachment 13036 being on here. When I joined I had no idea and had to look up what they meant. Hopefully it may help someone newer.
?Jason Nice looking Kief you must have did a few ounces, is that big one Aloras Pop I believe I got 200 to 300 grams from my aloras pop when I harvested it , Jason do you think you have enough lights going it looks you have enough lights to light up Dallas haha keep her going my friend :mask:

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
?
?Jason Nice looking Kief you must have did a few ounces, is that big one Aloras Pop I believe I got 200 to 300 grams from my aloras pop when I harvested it , Jason do you think you have enough lights going it looks you have enough lights to light up Dallas haha keep her going my friend :mask:
The big one is the Aloras Pop, (Male), , I'm only running 3 screw in lights at the moment. Two 24 watt and one 12 for a total of only sixty watts with the three SILs. It will be interesting to see what kind of bud this little bit of light will produce. I'm just playing around since I have way more than I can consume for a while. ?

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
?what are you going to do use it for breeding (dusting) remember its parents were Afghani and white widow both came from seed king out of Canada have you never been able to grow AP as of yet she produces great buds yes but on your lights I see 6 lights hanging haha. :mask:

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
?what are you going to do use it for breeding (dusting) remember its parents were Afghani and white widow both came from seed king out of Canada have you never been able to grow AP as of yet she produces great buds yes but on your lights I see 6 lights hanging haha. :mask:

No, I plucked the AP male. I only have a couple of clones and some green crack that I flipped way to early going under low light, (3 SIL's). Just playing around with a hobby grow right now.IMG_1046[1].JPG

Last edited:

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Here are a few more shots of my current low energy usage hobby grow. I'll likely try revegging the Green Crack into my next grow.

I'm thinking seriously about investing in a new light instead of firing up the rest of them.

Is anyone out there running the new 2020 version Spider Farmer SF4000? Or even the old sf 4000 or other spider farmer lights?

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_E1035.JPG
    IMG_E1035.JPG
    918.4 KB · Views: 112

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
? your plants look pretty good buds are coming right along sorry I haven't heard of them lights I am a bit behind when it comes to lights I run 2 1500 lum lights that I purchased off of ( Wish.Com ) & Amazon ) they have a great selection of led lights. they work fine for a poor? guy. :mask:

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Yea, I've been growing some great buds with my inexpensive LEDs. The reviews on these look amazing although for me it would be a significant investment. Was hoping for some feedback on them but I may need to start a thread asking on it. The light output for the amount of energy usage looks like it may be your biggest bang for the buck.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I had a older 4000. To be honest. Its a nice size light but the footprint although it says 6x6 veg and 5x5 flower once past 4' its just crap light and even getting weak at 4'. The light is actually only running about 450w true. The price is high 400plus. Now I'm running a 240w true led with same footprint as the 4000 but im running it in a tent half the size of the footprint and get perfect lighting all the way around. So let's say spider 4000 is 5x5 print at 18" if you look at light graph 4x4 is really the footprint of good spectrum. It drops huge after that and same for veg at 24" at 6x6 print expect a 5 x5 print. That 4000 has a strong center focus. This light would be perfect for a 4x4 tent or 2 in a 4x8 tent. My light was $120 with 35% coupon and I paid like 77 bucks.
At more than 400 bucks for a 4000 id rather get multiple lower priced led lights that get same footprint. Really just paying for that name.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Great advice Alphatoy, Thanks! I've tried different ways but not this method you mention precisely. I did the soak and sink thing and watched for the bean to swell, crack, and a root barely start to emerge on one bean then moved to soil. I think I may have been a bit gun shy on letting the roots develop long enough then probably to deep and or compacted.
My opinion on germination and this is my Opinion. Everyone has their trusted way. But here is how I have done it with 95% germination rate. There is no 100% germination rate unless your getting seeds from God. You will get an occasional bad seed. Now first the paper towel technique as many do with success I feel is 1 of the worst things you can to a seedling root is expose it to light and give stress to the seedling right from the get go. Cannibis can take 4 to 5 days to recover from stress. Ok 1st I soak seeds until sink. The seed has now absorbed enough water to start life. Dont wait to see a root. 2. Put seed in soil not to deep just under soil bed and cover lightly get plastic crystal clear cup and poke some air holes on top and put over seed area after watering to create humidity. If using a good nutrient soil then just Water first cup weeks especially auto's. Photos I start veg grow nuts and auto's If starting pre flowering I start fox farm big bloom. 3. I bring light to about 22 to 24" above soil on veg cycle and dim to 25%. 4. Once sprouted usually 3 to 4 days take cup out and kick light up to 75% for a week ish then kick to 100%. For autos in pre flowering ill kick on the veg/bloom light setting for a month then go to bloom setting on light until harvest.
So in conclusion the seed should be in its grow medium before rooting takes place to prevent any stress to the seedling. And don't over soak the seed in the soil just enough, the seed is already filled with water from soaking. But like I said this is my opinion and the way I do it with near perfect results. 20201027_171028.jpg
This pic is 3 days from floating to seed in the dirt.

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
Take a look at this lamp. You can get 2 units and still be cheaper than 1 spider 4000. Also link up to 30 of these together. Much stronger footprint with 2 and adjustable angle straps. Wattage of the 4000 is about 440 true watts where 2 of these units would average 540 true watts and double your footprint. Angle adjustable strips is a win to me. Can angle outside strips to face at plant instead of straight down wasting spectrum.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
My new light arrived today. SO STOKED!!. Gonna grow some of Sativa Kids Landrace Thai and a couple other new strains. I need to bring my soil inside and get it kicking with life for the next 30 days first.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
I don't want to be hating on Blurple LEDS. They have served me well and grown some great cannabis. The quantum board is just newer technology with better efficiency. More light per watt, better penetration, distribution of light and no fan noise. Simply put as I see it, more bang for the buck, (grams per watt), relevant to power consumption is my main attraction. I plan to keep my old style lights and may even use them to augment the outer edges of my grow space eventually or maybe a veg. tent.. First I'm gonna try just the new light only and see how it performs.

Back