Indoor - 4th grow ever~The Continuing Saga....

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Thanks @BudMonster, Good to see ya! I'm looking forward to firing this baby up soon. Here is the line up plan for the new year crop.:
3-Thai Reg.
3-Sour Diesel Reg.
1-Northern Lights X AK47 Fem.
1-Critical Amnesia Fem.
1-Harlequin CBD

I'm going to re-veg the two little Green Crack for stand by plants to replace males and/or duds.

dualityshift

Dec 10, 2020
Reveging is such a time sink plus you run the risk of hermies happening. It'll take you a lot of work and at least 2 months before your plant reveges fully. You'd have to transplant AND chop back some of the root system, in order to keep the plant healthy enough to reveg. You'd be better off cloning the ones you want to keep. Cloning a flower produces a monster of a plant. It's called monster cropping. Basically, each calyx becomes a branch when you clone flowers. Takes two weeks longer to stabilize than a regular clone, but the results are so worth it.

I've done both of the above methods for keeping genetics. Monster cropping is far superior to reveging, in my experience.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Reveging is such a time sink plus you run the risk of hermies happening. It'll take you a lot of work and at least 2 months before your plant reveges fully. You'd have to transplant AND chop back some of the root system, in order to keep the plant healthy enough to reveg. You'd be better off cloning the ones you want to keep. Cloning a flower produces a monster of a plant. It's called monster cropping. Basically, each calyx becomes a branch when you clone flowers. Takes two weeks longer to stabilize than a regular clone, but the results are so worth it..

I've done both of the above methods for keeping genetics. Monster cropping is far superior to reveging, in my experience.
I was kind of thinking the same thing on the re-veg. I have plenty of seeds, perhaps I'll just pop some extras. If I end up with too many, I can cull the weaker plants. Besides, I have a medical patient friend that also grows and would likely love to have them. Putting some outdoors will be an option as well, (Spring in the Pacific Northwest) I haven't done any outside or in the greenhouse yet. I have a hard time intentionally killing plants that have decent potential. I've dabbled in monster cropping with Jack Herer and Gelato OG and had some good results. Thanks for the feedback!

dualityshift

Dec 10, 2020
I was kind of thinking the same thing on the re-veg. I have plenty of seeds, perhaps I'll just pop some extras. If I end up with too many, I can cull the weaker plants. Besides, I have a medical patient friend that also grows and would likely love to have them. Putting some outdoors will be an option as well, (Spring in the Pacific Northwest) I haven't done any outside or in the greenhouse yet. I have a hard time intentionally killing plants that have decent potential. I've dabbled in monster cropping with Jack Herer and Gelato OG and had some good results. Thanks for the feedback!
No worries. I do more cloning than seed popping.

kent

Oct 13, 2020
Update time. I have some photos that I will try to upload in the order of progression. Wish me luck. I brought grow journal in along with camera so I have some info to share. First a bit more about where the seeds came from.
Auto flowers:
3-Autos
Northern Lights- Royal Queen
Bluedream-matic- Fastbuds
White widow- Seedsman

5- Fem
1 Critical Orange Punch-Dutch Passion
1 Peyote Critical- Barney's Farm
1 Power Plant-Dutch Passion.
2 Green Crack- Gifted seeds

No feeding after 8/7/19 until 8/23 See photo of product line up so far.
Autos got Dr. Earth Flower girl bud and bloom, notice the buds are coming on especially on the Bluedreamatic. The autos and the Photoperiods all got Bigfoot roots, molasses, and 1/4 tsp. superthrive. The Photos each got 1 TBSP gal. Fox Farm Grow Big.
Tonight I took 8 cuttings 4 each of P.C and C.O.P, two lower limbs and two tops from each. Put them in clone bucket after root tone. Have not got photos of pruning yet, more to come...View attachment 8662View attachment 8699
great job ! looks like they will be outstanding grow .

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
great job ! looks like they will be outstanding grow .
Hi Kent, they were very nice. Thanks for the compliment! This is an ongoing thread and that was over a year ago. I got the idea from chatting with @Alphatoy. This is kind of my way of keeping a secondary grow journal (with photos). Feel free to select "watch" and follow along if you'd like as I'm plugged into this thread for the long term and it will pop up now and again. https://freecannabis.com/forums/media/users/jason.774/

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Getting ready for a new grow for 2021. My lil hobby SIL grow got the chop. Alaskan Purple on Saturday and the White widow & Green Crack today. Yield was shit but the buds look tasty and kept me entertained while waiting for this year to finally end.

Attachments

• IMG_1111 (2).JPG
    IMG_1111 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 115

Colamaker

Oct 8, 2020
I don't want to be hating on Blurple LEDS. They have served me well and grown some great cannabis. The quantum board is just newer technology with better efficiency. More light per watt, better penetration, distribution of light and no fan noise. Simply put as I see it, more bang for the buck, (grams per watt), relevant to power consumption is my main attraction. I plan to keep my old style lights and may even use them to augment the outer edges of my grow space eventually or maybe a veg. tent.. First I'm gonna try just the new light only and see how it performs.
Exactly. Nice light. Blurple for ok results but full spectrum is the best way.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Exactly. Nice light. Blurple for ok results but full spectrum is the best way.
I got my grow room cleaned up today and almost ready to pop some seeds. If there are any wonders, no I'm not going to grow 12 plants in here.IMG_1123.JPG

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
??Why not uses the same Electricity and you already have the pots ready :mask:
Good point, I just don't want to over crowd. I hope to pop 12 and grow out 6, give or take. Gonna do some Fem. but mostly Reg. seeds and expect some males so that should thin em out some. My lighted space is just a bit over 4x4. Knowing me ,I'll probably end up keeping as many as possible. Time will tell, I make a plan but it always seems to change some. Should have a good idea what is really gonna happen some where about February. Sticking to the same line up,
3-Thai Reg.
3-Sour Diesel Reg.
1-Northern Lights X AK47 Fem.
1-Critical Amnesia Fem.
1-Harlequin CBD,
but adding 3 Reg. Chemdog.
I know there are a lot of variables to consider so, what do you all think is the best number of plants to fully grow out in a 4x4? Does this sound like a reasonable plan? Thoughts? Thanks!

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
?How do you get up Their to lower and raise lights:mask:
Very carefully! I use a step ladder and will have to move plants a little although I do have the adjustable hanger pulls and the 9 big pots are currently each on two stacked milk crates. Once I narrow them down and they need more water I'll put drip trays under them to catch the little bit of run I get off from the fabric pots.

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Time to check in. Right now I'm 8/12 germination success rate so the line up changes some already. Currently are:
3-Reg. Landrace Thai
2-Reg, Sour Diesel
1 - Fem. Northern Light x AK 47
1- Fem. Critical Amnesia
1-ChemDog

Two Harlequin CBD and two ChemDog were duds. I threw in a couple Green Crack to soak today for a fill in. Besides, I noticed I've just about smoked up all that I had....

More pics in my 2021 album.

IMG_1144.JPG

Derrangedpojo

Dec 29, 2020
Well, I guess I better share this grow with the forum since thing are starting to come along. Please be patient as this is only my part time hobby and posting updates and pics may be a bit sporadic. I'd love to hear feedback so let me know your thoughts, good and bad. More to come soon. Thanks!

3-Autos
Northern Lights
Bluedream-matic
White widow

5- Fem
1 Critical Orange Punch
1 Peyote Critical
1 Power Plant
2 Green Crack
Nice list, I like the tracking of your progress! Can’t wait to see the end result!

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
Quick update on this latest grow: I now have a total of 10 babies since I just popped a green crack and then had to perform a minor surgery to crack open the hard seed casing on the one ChemDog. I resoaked it for about three days and it wouldn't sink or crack open. I small slit with a scalpel and it popped open like it couldn't wait to start growing.

Back