indoor new grow autoflowering with alien lights

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Hi @yazad :)
1: do i top it now? No I wouldn't top an auto, it will slow it down which you don't want.
2: how do i lst her ? You get some twist tie or string and pull the top of the plant over so the top is pointing sideways or down, rather than up.
3: wont the stem pinch or break if i lst? They won't break if you're careful just go easy with them and they'll be fine.
this is my first time lst.
4: can i add seawed now? The plants look well fed, so it doesn't seem necessary. Can you show a picture of the seaweed you have.
seedling_low_stress_training-1024x322.png

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
hi, folks so i am at early 3rd week in veg
and my friend has asked me to remove the "fan leaves" in my auto. so i did today.
and as he sudgested i am taking ny indoor plant outdoors too for some time in day.
he has many years of experience as he said he grew autos in past.
are we doing all right mates :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I'm not a proponent of defoliation (leaf removal) unless circumstances specifically call for it.
The leaves drive photosynthesis and are the solar panels that fuel growth so should only (in my opinion) be removed if not doing so would result in a negative outcome.
How are the autos getting on? you got any pics my friend? :)

FerretWrangler

Every day I'm Wrangling
Aug 11, 2017
I'm not a proponent of defoliation (leaf removal) unless circumstances specifically call for it.
The leaves drive photosynthesis and are the solar panels that fuel growth so should only (in my opinion) be removed if not doing so would result in a negative outcome.
How are the autos getting on? you got any pics my friend? :)
Was just asking about defoliating my own lol i believe i can guess your answer @Sunshine

I did cringe inside a little when i read that @yazad because i have made the same mistake repeatedly on the advice of a friend and I never saw a benefit in taking fan leaves off small/young plants.

The only time I consider it is if there are so many leaves that light won't penetrate the canopy at all or I'm worried about mold.

From what i read you shouldn't wound an auto in any form if you can because it has a limited amount of grow time and wounds slow growth. Very light stress training like bending over as Sunshine suggests is ok.

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
friends, for me i understood that autos should not be cut in any way the very moment sunshine advised me not to top.
i always knew autos shd never be stressed like that..
i never had a doubt, i asked it on this forum to show your reply to the dumbass friend of the friend who abused my plant that way. i had kept the setup at his house so couldnt save it that day.
this idiot is such a lier i am certain he dsnt have a bit of a knowledge abt cannabis and is always bluffing.
here is the conversation plz give it time to read and understand how stupid some people are.

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
i have showed him who is the boss, i am taking my setup back, i have asked for my plant back too, he said he wants to keep the plant but ill rather kill it then to give it to him. he has family at his house so has asked me time of a week wich i have granted.

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
chuck that idiot.
so folks here at india there is a festival going onn. its called "holi" not as in synonim sacred but the fesrivals name is holi.
what they do is play with colours and fire such like this at various places and worship it.

and here are some pictures of sea weed i got

Attachments

• IMG_20180303_212916.jpg
    IMG_20180303_212916.jpg
    979.4 KB · Views: 330

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
i got my plant back today. the fool not only cut the big leavesz did also cut tips wothout any reason. how fool some one can be in this age of internet. if he had even onced browsed the net.
but now what has happened we cant reverse it.

so this is my plant 32 days frm sprout.
zero nutrients till now. it has lots of wormi compost in it.
now shall i start adding sea weed ?
this plant will remain on my houses terrace wo will only get day,dawn,noon,eve, sunlight and it will be dark at night cant help.

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_213301.jpg
    IMG_20180312_213301.jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20180312_213305.jpg
    IMG_20180312_213305.jpg
    773 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_20180312_213309.jpg
    IMG_20180312_213309.jpg
    982.6 KB · Views: 346

yazad

Jan 13, 2018
ok, if we provide enough nutrients then i guess they wont have to fight for it.

tangling of roots i dont have knowledge abt it.

what hope do we have for this horriblely trimmed auto.

if it aint gnna be a good crop i dnt want it to finish and to start new healthy seed from ground zero.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I'm glad to hear your plants have been returned albeit in a bit of a tortured state, to be fair they don't look unhealthy just stunted.
In answer to your question/s it's perfectly fine to have several plants in one container but it's not ideal to mix regs and autos in the same container, it's also a little on the small side to support a good yield from several plants.
Get another decent size container 5gal/20litres or even better a large planter to start your new seeds and make a good soil mix with plenty of drainage.
You're okay to use the seaweed start at 1/2 the recommended dosage and see how the plants react.
Good luck.

Back