Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

*** jamaican cannabis SEED breeding**

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
I'll be very interested to see how the soilless hempy goes, the nutes look like good choices for the job :cool:
Are you going with hempy buckets? or bags? and if you go the bag route, how will you create the res? are you going to sit them on a tray/in a tub?
You could probably get 3 30x60cm tubs in there at a squeeze, then have 2 containers in each tub giving a total of 6 hempy pods, I think 6 larger containers may be a good look for that tent and make your life slightly easier :)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Excellent choice @InternationalBeanSmuggler !!! Vermicompost is amazing stuff, I was about to do an article over the past few days about diy vermicomposting but have yet to get round to posting it :)
My mini vermicompost setup was made with 3 28l tubs stacked, that worked well and suprisingly it doesn't get smelly at all and produced some amazing castings ;)
Only problem I had at one stage was fungus gnats which happens when it gets too wet and needs more shredded paper/dry inputs. I use red wrigglers which are very easy to take care of. It's retired at the moment due to current situation but am looking forward to the day when I can make some more :)
Your soil will be very alive with that as your base, which you want to maintain, so watch your tap water and if you have to use it leave it out for as long as possible prior to application ;)

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
6 square foot of space is what you're working with and you've got 132w of actual draw going into the 300w light approx.
That comes out at 22 watts per sq foot which is a little on the low side but can definitely work with indoor bred/worked strains but for a landrace sativa from Jamaica it probably won't be enough to get large buds. So yes, good idea on getting another unit ;)
Veg time wise I would get them settled into their new pots and then give them about 2-3 weeks veg max :idea:
Doing a scrog is an excellent idea can't wait to it all setup :)