Jcloud's soil auto indoor grow # 1 - 2018

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Hi FC, welcome to my thread. This will be a micro grow

Medium: Fox Farms soil ocean forest

Grow Method: Lst

Fertilizer: Dr. earth starter fertilizer, Dr. earth bud & bloom booster, Dr. Earth total advantage rose and flower, Dr. earth pure gold, Dr. earth pot of gold, Fox Farms big bloom ,Neptune's Harvest tomato & veg, Neptune Harvest rose and flowering and Grow More seaweed extract

Supplements: dolomite lime

Water Source: purified water

Sex: 100% regular or unfeminized

Breeder: Sensi Seeds, Flash Seeds, Short stuff seeds, Freedom of Seeds

Strain: Crystal dwarf, Ruderalis Indica, Short stuff automatic #1, and ruderalis skunk, dr feelgood

Indica, Sativa or Hybrid: all Autoflower dwarf hybrids

Light: Hydrofarm T5 2ft 4 bulb fixture 8,000 lumens true wattage 98 watts

Light Spectrum: 6,500 Kelvin for veg. 2,600 Kelvin for bloom

Light Schedule: 15 hrs. on 4:30 a.m./ 9 hrs. off 8:30 p.m.

Climate: Cool Grows indoors grow tent

Dimensions: 2ft L x 2ft W x 3ft H or 60 cm L x 60 cm W x 91 cm H

Hydro/Soil: soil

Container volume: 1/2 gallon pots

Number of plants: 4

Temperature/Humidity: Acurite digital thermometer/hygrometer

PH: General Hydroponics PH kit

TDS/E.C.: no meters

Exhaust: Ventech Inline fan 4" exhausting out the window

Intake: passive intake pulling from the window

Odor Control: mini carbon filter 4"

Additional info: Still waiting for rest of the grow material to arrive will post pics weekly. An try to keep the updates organised is possible.

20180921_210750.jpg20181016_122637.jpg20181016_122709.jpg20181016_122742.jpg
20181112_195905.jpg

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Good luck with your new project, I hope you find some great keepers and look forward to seeing everything set up ? Happy growing, I'll be following along ?

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Good luck with your new project, I hope you find some great keepers and look forward to seeing everything set up ? Happy growing, I'll be following along ?
Thanks buddy im excited about this grow. Im going to paint my grow box brown on the outside to make it look just a cabinet. Will post updates of everything as I go. It should help amatuer growers like myself. See what all is needed for a small grow. Dwarfs are very handy for small spaces. But photoperiods could be fun training short too, in small spaces

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Thanks! It's a hydrofarm agrobrite T5 2ft 4 bulb fixture. Puts out 8,000 lumens with four bulbs in consumes 98 watts. For seed starting im going to use about 2 bulbs depends on the size of the plants. An space they take up. I'll use more most likely during flowering I'll use 4 bulbs. I had this fixture for 3 years its a good light. Has 5 year warranty hope it breaks by next year LOL so I can have a brand new one

I still need to buy some reflective silver tape. An a extension cord, light hanger chain and plant saucers. An figure out my ventilation set up. An need to grab some plywood to build my box .An paint it. Then get some pc fan odor filters. Still got a lot of work. Before I get this grow going plus have to return my usb wall charger for pc fans. There defective and still waiting on my pc fan 3 pin connector wires.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
If your light breaks I'd recommend led light bulbs, in particular the philips 13w 1521 lumen bulbs, these output an impressive 117 lumens per watt compared to your existing units 83 lpw.
The key to growing good flowers with a t5/flouro unit is to keep the entire canopy within the lights sweet spot, you want small bushes with lots of tops of relatively even height rather than little xmas trees.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
If your light breaks I'd recommend led light bulbs, in particular the philips 13w 1521 lumen bulbs, these output an impressive 117 lumens per watt compared to your existing units 83 lpw.
The key to growing good flowers with a t5/flouro unit is to keep the entire canopy within the lights sweet spot, you want small bushes with lots of tops of relatively even height rather than little xmas trees.
That's exactly what I was thinking I maybe should've bought yesterday. Those led bulbs I just don't want to go blind from the purple lights. An the eye protection glasses. Method sevens are pretty pricey. Great tip to aim for a bush more than a little Xmas tree shape. But what about for dwarfs autos?

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
For the dwarf autos the full plant should pretty much be in the sweet spot as I don't imagine they'll get very tall (max 12 inches), tilting the pots at a lean so they get better side lighting is sometimes helpful.
With the t5's get them close to the top of the plants (8-10inches) so they get the full hit of the lumens you're working with.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
For the dwarf autos the full plant should pretty much be in the sweet spot as I don't imagine they'll get very tall (max 12 inches), tilting the pots at a lean so they get better side lighting is sometimes helpful.
With the t5's get them close to the top of the plants (8-10inches) so they get the full hit of the lumens you're working with.
You think tilting a 3 inch pot could be difficult, or tip over when it gets bigger? Im going to do some Lst an Hst research for florescents.

Im still saving up enough money for the rest of the stuff. I plan on going to my local home improvement store. An asking them to make the cuts for me. Im say it's for a small storage cabinet. When I can come up with the cash. An go the pc fan odor filter route. It's more quiet, seems the easiest way to go. I got these pain in the neck huge port holes are basically useless. Most likely im have to make some cuts for the pc fan.

I harvested my lemon candy and stink finger. We started getting cold fronts and 3 months with barely any sunlight. They were getting worse and worse so, I chopped them. That's fully dried an cured. I don't smoke otherwise it would've been gone quick.

2018-10-18 12.49.03.jpg2018-10-18 12.50.13.jpg

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
I'd go with the largest pots you can tile in there (5 litres+). 3 inch pots will grow very small plants and it may be a struggle to keep them healthy.
I don't smoke otherwise it would've been gone quick.
How do you consume your herb? Edibles?

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
I'd go with the largest pots you can tile in there (5 litres+). 3 inch pots will grow very small plants and it may be a struggle to keep them healthy.

I have to quit cannabis. I love smoking the plant joints or pipe. Hash, edibles don't hit hard enough or get me high. I enjoy chest knockout creepers. Or just any knockout lung crusher strains. I also enjoy good flavor like fruity strains and sour or lemon. But yeah im 60 days sober. So I can get this good job there's no good job opportunities for a smoker here. As cannabis is illegal but I love growing.
I'll still grow cannabis that's the reason im using small pots. Im limited to height. I got some bigger pots but my light only covers so much square feet. Mainly im only growing for seed harvest only. Plus these are all midgets. A 1 gallon should be maximum.
From what I read on forums. It gave me an idea. I don't need to build a box anymore. I already got a ventech 4in inline fan. I been researching on google. Found a picture, it showed a piece of plywood. Running ducting out a window. Im buy a speed controller for my fan. An buy a carbon filter. I just got to make the port hole that's going to exhaust out my window look like theres no exhaust. Somehow someway an cut some wood I have some wood I can use.

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018

I got this idea from another growers. This is someone else is grow picture

IMG_20181021_055443_074.jpg

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Sounds good. You could have the wood with the hole for the ducting behind some blinds so anyone looking from outside would just see the blinds?

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Sounds good. You could have the wood with the hole for the ducting behind some blinds so anyone looking from outside would just see the blinds?
Yeah that's my plan. But my blinds are same size is window. I want use a 4 in duct 90 degree elbow going down. See what happens. The problem is from outside my house. Where the widow is the exhaust port hole will be visible to people. At night the light could leak easily. If I don't everything fit perfect. But still got to make it look unsuspicious for people walking to my front door. My window is right next to it. Plus sugar ants will try to crawl in the ducting. Like billions of them. If we get rain or bad weather. They always try to get in my window. Constantly assholes So that's going to be a huge problem. I don't think they sell screens small enough to stop tiny little ants from passing through. While letting airflow still. I wonder if I painted the wood black and buy black 4 in ducting. If it would fix it chances are Im probably going to have to build a light trap. Not too sure im research about it

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Why not just suck air out of the tent with ducting and out through the carbon filter, there's no real need to exhaust outside.
That way you avoid insect problems, light leaks and having a grow exhaust next to your front door ;)

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Why not just suck air out of the tent with ducting and out through the carbon filter, there's no real need to exhaust outside.
That way you avoid insect problems, light leaks and having a grow exhaust next to your front door ;)
YESSSSS!! I got everything figured out finally bro!! Im going get a fine mesh metal screen to stop ants from passing through. But let airflow out. An cut it out a circle. Glue it on to the black 4 in duct vent. The vent is to stop rain from getting in hole. An I'll show you pics of everything when I get the material. An finish show you what everything is for an why. Nobody would even suspect anything its going to be awesome! No light should leak because im going to make a perfect rectangle cut of plywood to fill the partially open window. An glue black trash bag layer over outer plywood to deflect rain an prevent wood rotting. The ants actually help to conceal vent from showing.

Last edited:

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Aug 7, 2017
Maybe I'm missing something but why is this vent necessary, if the air is carbon filtered why does it need to go outside the house?

Jcloud777

Jul 29, 2018
Maybe I'm missing something but why is this vent necessary, if the air is carbon filtered why does it need to go outside the house?
Because it's going to get hot inside. An I cant carbon scrub odor in my room. It's going to stink like a scrubber smell. An is very strong I can't breathe comfortably. Breathing it in my lungs. The vent is plastic its to deflect rain from getting wet inside of the exhaust hole. It's going to be exsposed to outdoor elements. An if there's a heavy rain water will get inside the hole. That's the reason for the vent to block rain. An a mesh screen i need will cover up the vent so ants can't pass. Plus My nosey aunt won't think im growing. She'll spread the word im growing, if she gets suspicious she lives next door. She's extremely nosey. The vent won't probably be seen either a fine mesh metal screen will be over it. Hopefully it's hard to see it. I will put more layers of mesh. My new problem will be my loud inline fan. I got some advice from another forum. That a speed controller won't silence my inline fan. Only all the air being pushed out the exhaust hole

Last edited:

Back