Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

Question large fan leaves

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Welcome to FC BIG RON 👍
My plants are beginning to bud, should I remove the large leaves?
No, doing so will harm your yield.
I've only seen one decent side by side grow of clones where 1/2 were defoliated and 1/2 not. Without exception ALL of the non defoliated plants yielded more flower and the defoliated ones less🌻
Leaves are the dynamos/solar panels that power growth and flower production. Good luck with your grow. Any other questions just shout :)

Dr. Longbeard

Uh oh the voodoo question. So many growers have argued that question back and forth for ever. There are all sorts of variables that come into play when doing so. Is there to much shade or to dense of plant material to the point you have to for air flow and the the list goes on. I have had great success when doing so but timing is everything and I mean everything

Dr. Longbeard

So sunshine is 100% correct the leaves are solar panels and it will hurt your yield. But the timing is really crucial. If you take a couple fan leaves off your fine. But if your talking complete defoliation if you do it to early the plant will spend all it's time pushing out more growth and not spend the time that is needed for crucial bud development