Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Your Own Medicine

Register Ask Question
StrainSupermarket.com - 100s of Breeders | 1000s of Strains

OFFERED mail seeds safe, secure and cheap

Varinaut

Stealth. Crush resistant. Cheap. That's what I've been looking for. My preferred method has been to use corrugated plastic signboard, which is in endless supply right now -- the political signs in your neighbors' yards would probably be perfect. I Cut off a piece about the size of a small photo, put the seeds in the corrugated channels, plug both ends of the seed channel with a cotton or tissue plug, insert into a greeting card and mail it in a standard size envelop with "Photo Enclosed" on the outside of the envelope. It meets the max thickness of < 1/4 inch and seems really crush resistant. Cost: ~$1.40 within the US. I used the same method to ship to India and the cost was $2.29, so reasonably affordable. If you cut down the corrugated to about a 3 cm square, it can be mailed with a standard greeting card for 1 US stamp.

IMG_20200201_153040804.jpg (1.92MiB)

Ras Mountain

Received a pack sent to me in this fashion - and how marvelous it was! It totally blew me away, lol.

I'm currently sitting on a miniature stockpile of Eppendorf tubes but wish I'd been aware of this method sooner. Simple, discreet, and unquestionably effective.

TossWeed

Stealth. Crush resistant. Cheap. That's what I've been looking for. My preferred method has been to use corrugated plastic signboard, which is in endless supply right now -- the political signs in your neighbors' yards would probably be perfect. I Cut off a piece about the size of a small photo, put the seeds in the corrugated channels, plug both ends of the seed channel with a cotton or tissue plug, insert into a greeting card and mail it in a standard size envelop with "Photo Enclosed" on the outside of the envelope. It meets the max thickness of < 1/4 inch and seems really crush resistant. Cost: ~$1.40 within the US. I used the same method to ship to India and the cost was $2.29, so reasonably affordable. If you cut down the corrugated to about a 3 cm square, it can be mailed with a standard greeting card for 1 US stamp.

Cardboard works fair well to in a pinch.

Colamaker

That method is hit or miss. This is the cheap way hes talking about. I received this on Tuesday from another member and its a fail. Dont be a cheapskate people. Seeds are expensive so why send so cheap. Corrugated plastic is not 100% crush proof going through the mail machine sorting rollers.
20201020_151226.jpg

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠
That method is hit or miss. This is the cheap way hes talking about. I received this on Tuesday from another member and its a fail. Dont be a cheapskate people. Seeds are expensive so why send so cheap. Corrugated plastic is not 100% crush proof going through the mail machine sorting rollers. View attachment 13539
🤠Who ever shipped it in the sign board did not support it proper I to use sign board and so far have had great luck with it but u have to support it some rollers are stronger than others :mask:

Drummer4life70

Great idea!! 👍🏻

Colamaker

🤠
🤠Who ever shipped it in the sign board did not support it proper I to use sign board and so far have had great luck with it but u have to support it some rollers are stronger than others :mask:
Ok it may work some of the time. But why take the chance. Is everyone on here that cheap to save a buck. Cmon seeds can cost hundreds of dollars to have someone send in a 50cent envelope to save a couple bucks is mind blowing. It pisses me off when I send stuff fully protected and they get good seeds and I get the who gives a crap envelope full of crumbs. Thats why I don't send the seeds until I see em in good shape. Then I'll send.

Varinaut

Ok it may work some of the time. But why take the chance. Is everyone on here that cheap to save a buck. Cmon seeds can cost hundreds of dollars to have someone send in a 50cent envelope to save a couple bucks is mind blowing. It pisses me off when I send stuff fully protected and they get good seeds and I get the who gives a crap envelope full of crumbs. Thats why I don't send the seeds until I see em in good shape. Then I'll send.
I concur, if not done properly there can be problems, but I've sent at least 20 seed trades this way and the only fail reported was when I forgot to tape the ends of the channels and the seeds spilled out into the envelop. I replaced, and have had no other reports of failures despite my request that they do so if there are any issues.

I've also seen seeds mailed to me this way that were crushed because the sender put seeds all the way to the taped end instead of putting a plug, and the seeds on the very end were the only were crushed. It appears the one mailed to you had been cut down too narrow. I find I need at least a 3-cm square, else there's a chance it can collapse.

In the end, people can send seeds to me any way they want, but if they're damaged or lost I expect a replacement. Traders can expect the same from me.

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠
🤠Yep pretty cheap here old and have set income at 78 :mask:

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
🤠
I concur, if not done properly there can be problems, but I've sent at least 20 seed trades this way and the only fail reported was when I forgot to tape the ends of the channels and the seeds spilled out into the envelop. I replaced, and have had no other reports of failures despite my request that they do so if there are any issues.

I've also seen seeds mailed to me this way that were crushed because the sender put seeds all the way to the taped end instead of putting a plug, and the seeds on the very end were the only were crushed. It appears the one mailed to you had been cut down too narrow. I find I need at least a 3-cm square, else there's a chance it can collapse.

In the end, people can send seeds to me any way they want, but if they're damaged or lost I expect a replacement. Traders can expect the same from me.
🤠I concur Varinaut is the member that got me started in the sign board and I am a happy shipper I myself use 7.62 cm with one to two stamps with this method he has shipped me items like this and no problems and I respect him highly for bringing this way of good cheaper shipping if done right to all FC MEMBERS and that I think it is so great that I also placed it on my thread also Thank you Varinaut :mask:

Last edited:

Colamaker

🤠
🤠I concur Varinaut is the member that got me started in the sign board and I am a happy shipper I myself use 7.62 cm with one to two stamps with this method he has shipped me items like this and no problems and I respect him highly for bringing this way of good cheaper shipping if done right to all FC MEMBERS and that I think it is so great that I also placed it on my thread also Thank you Varinaut :mask:
Oh I'm not downing the method and its great it works for some that do it right but myself and others have not gotten great results in this method. But to each their own i guess. Members who trade with me just know I ONLY SHIP IN BUBBLE ENVELOPE OR BOX IN CRUSH RESISTANT CONTAINER. Ill pay the extra couple bucks to make sure you get package un-crushed. Thats why I wait to see if seeds come unharmed before I send anything. Been burned to many times.

Top Bottom