My clones

RajaMo

May 16, 2021
Hello new to the outdoor grow and growing this will be my first year for outdoor second for indoor. My question is I have some clones that I purchased I was wondering should I lst and chop them down a bit so they bush out and produce more flower or do I leave clones alone ?

Attachments

• 7DAAB2D3-F622-4184-97E5-319EAA14C103.jpeg
    7DAAB2D3-F622-4184-97E5-319EAA14C103.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
  • ED79CF70-0D9A-4C24-91CD-7F098E1E8E17.jpeg
    ED79CF70-0D9A-4C24-91CD-7F098E1E8E17.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 77
  • 9EECB5C6-4A3B-4F8F-A42C-8DC7919A9F5E.jpeg
    9EECB5C6-4A3B-4F8F-A42C-8DC7919A9F5E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • A123EBAB-0CCD-4DFD-8DE9-6D7ECCD879DE.jpeg
    A123EBAB-0CCD-4DFD-8DE9-6D7ECCD879DE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 76

Jason

Mar 16, 2019
It's a personal choice. You can top and train clones. Depending on how big / tall you want them you can start now or let them grow up some more first. If you didn't already know, clones will not typically get as big or tall as the donor plant grown from seed.

RajaMo

May 16, 2021
No I had no idea , the clone thing is 100% new to me only plants I’ve grown are autoflowers. I don’t want them to getting to tall that’s why I was thinking of topping and training . I think might wait a little bit bc they were just put in fabric pot about a week or so ago I don’t want to stress these ladies out to much

Canadan

Jan 29, 2020
Personally I would top the first 2 and the last one from looking at the pics and the lower shoots will have a chance to grow since the energy will be focused on them and you will have 2 more shoots on top. once the top 2 shoots get longer then low stress train them down. Have a look at my pics and you will end up with a low bushy plant. All the sucker shoots at the bottom of your plants cut them off they will amount to nothing ( the ones really close to the soil ). Other than that your girls are looking pretty good and don't worry about stressing them out by topping your plants and LST they will bounce back sooner than you think I do it all the time in early veg to get my desired shape and number of bud sites I want and then let them grow . The LST method is a lot easier to do now that the shoots are skinny and tender and do this right into mid veg without the plant being affected by stress. This also makes your plants more wind tolerable. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
No I had no idea , the clone thing is 100% new to me only plants I’ve grown are autoflowers. I don’t want them to getting to tall that’s why I was thinking of topping and training . I think might wait a little bit bc they were just put in fabric pot about a week or so ago I don’t want to stress these ladies out to much
🤠you dont have to top them if you use these you can train your plant with no stress regulate the height and have more top colas produced :innocent:

MVC-049S.JPG

Alphatoy

Humble Helper
Oct 7, 2018
Personally I would top the first 2 and the last one from looking at the pics and the lower shoots will have a chance to grow since the energy will be focused on them and you will have 2 more shoots on top. once the top 2 shoots get longer then low stress train them down. Have a look at my pics and you will end up with a low bushy plant. All the sucker shoots at the bottom of your plants cut them off they will amount to nothing ( the ones really close to the soil ). Other than that your girls are looking pretty good and don't worry about stressing them out by topping your plants and LST they will bounce back sooner than you think I do it all the time in early veg to get my desired shape and number of bud sites I want and then let them grow . The LST method is a lot easier to do now that the shoots are skinny and tender and do this right into mid veg without the plant being affected by stress. This also makes your plants more wind tolerable. Hope this helps. Good luck!
🤠you just cut off your best cola if you do hash the bottom plants are where you get all your THC from just place a light at the bottom shining up and you will get surprised 🧙‍♂️

RajaMo

May 16, 2021
🤠you just cut off your best cola if you do hash the bottom plants are where you get all your THC from just place a light at the bottom shining up and you will get surprised 🧙‍♂️
These ones are outdoors , maybe I’ll try this with my indoor to be honest I don’t 100% understand this but I’ll give it a shot. What kind of light are you using to place at the bottom of the plant?

Back