Cannabis Cultivation Network

Learn How To Grow Top Shelf Medicine at Home

Register Ask Question

My First Grow

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #23
ok guys I know it's been a while but it's because I had a mishap that totally threw me off. Well as I was mainlining my chemdawg strain a branch snapped off completely and it completely killed my mood, i tried taping it but that side died. I decide screw it I'm going to grow 8 mains from her side thats still intact and she recovered flawlessly. Shes a real fighter. She's actually got 10 tops growing out now from all the small branches catching up and shooting for the light. I also supercropped her main stem so I can keep her even with all the other plants beside her. This has been a hell of a first grow for me. Ive had a couple tears in the branches here and there but ive taped them up and they recovered. I also upgraded to a 1000 Watt LED light same brand to go next to my 600Watt LED to cover more space since the light shoots only downwards I needed more coverage. Mainlining by nugbuckets didn't go according to plan but now this is my very own way. The Trainwreck strain I have 8 tops, followed the nebula Manifold and shes growing quite spectacularly. And Durban Poison jeez, her stalks are so thick its outrageous. I had to supercrow her mains down too cause she was getting too tall. One of her branches broke while i was doing it so I decided to top that branch and get 5 Mains out of her. Ashley is finally getting there and I'm gonna top her for 4 mains and let her catch up to all of them. So in total I'll be vegging 3 out of the 4 plants for 3 months and ashley will be vegged for 2 months. Not before long now will they go into flowering. But God damn I love the new lights they are so powerful and the plants are responding beautifully to them.

Attachments

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #27
Here they are

Attachments

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #29
I have a question if someone can answer, in articles they said before switching to 12/12 defoliate big fan leaves and remove most of the fan leaves until there is little left. Now my question is do I switch to flowering immediately after defoliating or is there an amount of days to wait after defoliating before switching to 12/12.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #31
great another question. Has anyone tried just shortening the amount of hours each week before switching to 12/12 like right now can i start cutting the hours of light on by 30 minutes each week just like nature would and eventually get to 12/12?

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #32
Also my room is 875 Cubic Feet, I need to make sure that there is absolutely no smell in the flowering stage. What CFM fan would I need to achieve that. The carbon filter I have at the top of the tent is 4" and puts out 190 CFMs. I'm also thinking about getting a carbon scrubber to just recirculate the room air with fresh air. I just want to know if this will eliminate the smell completely. I live inside a medical building lol, I cannot have the smell escape this room.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
great another question. Has anyone tried just shortening the amount of hours each week before switching to 12/12 like right now can i start cutting the hours of light on by 30 minutes each week just like nature would and eventually get to 12/12?
The plants would end up much larger than switching directly to 12/12 other than that there would be no real difference :)
the carbon scrubber I want to get is the VIVOSUN 6 Inch one to lay out in the middle of my room with a CFM of 440 btw.
What you've got in place sounds like it should be sufficient but in your situation it sounds like it would be better to overkill than under cook it, check out this calculator which may be of use ;)
I've found that a setup that works perfectly well with the majority of strains can struggle and leak odour with certain very pungent strains like cheese and certain skunk/afghani mixes so I'd add 20% on top of whatever spec you arrive at for insurance.

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
This link is more comprehensive in the workings and explanation and should help calculate the fan size required ;)
I think you're looking at an extractor capable of pulling around 1400m3/hour to ensure zero smell whatsoever. That would mean the air is being replaced entirely almost every minute. There's nothing stopping you getting a higher rated extractor but the prices increase somewhat.

JohnnyBunz

Thread starter #37
So heres an update. Durban Poison Strain is growing taller everyday about half an inch maybe more, so I had to supercrop her. The only way the amnesia haze strain is gonna catch up is if I stall their height as long as I can because I know once all 3 are 20" above the soil, I will be switching to flowering so right now theyre at 16". I finally topped Ashley again yesterday and now shes done being topped. I just want 4 Massive Colas from her, not gonna attempt 8 because I have no space to accommodate the others otherwise I would. I literally spent 30 minutes suppercropping her because I really didnt wanna break her branch and patience is key because it all turned out superb.

Attachments

Sunshine

Organic Fanatic
Nice job on the super cropping 👍
I have another question, during the flush period when I stop using all nutes I was wondering if I could mix in compost with the water I'll be giving them. Will this still bring a chemical taste or is it fine to do this?
Yes you could do this, or top dress the pots with compost and water it in, as long as there are no added chemical fertilisers in the compost you'll be good :)